iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Jun 14, 2020 at 8:56 AM Post #1,352 of 3,626
Wow how small it looks next to the big guy.

Its like space comparisons of planets, to suns, to black holes.

Jun 14, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #1,354 of 3,626
I can only validate that at the 70 hour mark the dap and the phones are, well, meh. I will say that the Clear are very nice when used with my living room setup--udp205 playing roon files through the HDVA600 sennheiser amp. I was doing an a/b check with the Klipsch and Clear but no ibasso source. I'm really looking forward to doing the same sort of comparison with a fully burned in DX220MAX and Focal clear!! Yes he says, canna wait cap'n.

Burn on, and may the Force be with us.

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #1,355 of 3,626
Anyone figure out a power unit that can work like the official one?

I would want one to stay at my spot home, and another to carry.

Jun 14, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #1,358 of 3,626
Anyone figure out a power unit that can work like the official one?

I would want one to stay at my spot home, and another to carry.

Just based on the spec, THIS guy on amazon has 18V 1A rating, and the tip looks similar, but you might want to ask the seller to confirm the dc charging tip size. I think outside diameter needs to be around 5.5mm and inside diameter a few millimetres. Other than that, this $8+ charger looks like it can do the job. If anybody can get it and confirm, or get another similar one, that would be great.

What I would have loved to see, AC/DC wall charger similar to stock one with additional usb port to connect usb-c cable to juice up both power supplies from one charger.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #1,359 of 3,626
Just based on the spec, THIS guy on amazon has 18V 1A rating, and the tip looks similar, but you might want to ask the seller to confirm the dc charging tip size. I think outside diameter needs to be around 5.5mm and inside diameter a few millimetres. Other than that, this $8+ charger looks like it can do the job. If anybody can get it and confirm, or get another similar one, that would be great.

What I would have loved to see, AC/DC wall charger similar to stock one with additional usb port to connect usb-c cable to juice up both power supplies from one charger.

excellent idea!

Jun 14, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #1,360 of 3,626
I see some USB type A to DC out 5.5 X 2.1 mm cables that supposedly takes 5V Max 2.4A input and outputs 18V Max 0.5A.

The wall charger we have is 18V max 1A. I wonder if such cable can be used for charging the DX220 Max.....

Jun 14, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #1,361 of 3,626
Jun 14, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #1,362 of 3,626
Jun 14, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #1,363 of 3,626
Here is my views on Dx220Max

it is a continuous live update blog. So, up until Now there are a lot to read :wink:. Enjoy your time reading
I don't see dynamics mentioned or missed it. The dynamics out of the Max are the best I have heard, and that is real to music. I listen to a lot of live music, and use it as my reference. The AMP8EX is excellent on fluidity and hard to beat. On other areas, I think the Max does better.

Jun 14, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #1,364 of 3,626
I don't see dynamics mentioned or missed it. The dynamics out of the Max are the best I have heard, and that is real to music. I listen to a lot of live music, and use it as my reference. The AMP8EX is excellent on fluidity and hard to beat. On other areas, I think the Max does better.
I agreed about the Dynamic and the statements about Max vs Amp8EX

Jun 14, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #1,365 of 3,626
One thing I am surprised about is the lack of proper shielding of the screen. I am not sure if it has anything to do with the already very very bad WIFI performance. Otherwise I cannot believe a company creating such a product not shielding one of the noisiest of the components. Or is the screen as one piece has a shielding layer that guarantees manufacturers interference free operation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back