iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Jun 12, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #1,309 of 3,626
Anyone tried pairing it with their HD800s or HD820?
7D189CF1-8A28-48C8-B2D8-7359B742C0B0.jpeg

Jun 12, 2020 at 7:43 PM Post #1,310 of 3,626
Jun 12, 2020 at 7:44 PM Post #1,311 of 3,626
How hot are people finding it getting during burn in or extended play time?
It can get pretty warm. Fairly typical I don't keep the case on and give it good ventilation.

Jun 12, 2020 at 7:46 PM Post #1,312 of 3,626
How hot are people finding it getting during burn in or extended play time?

it was warm - not awfully hot just playing basic flac files which is what i have mostly done during this burn in time.

For the last few days i have noticed it is running cooler than the first four days or so.

i have it elevated on two pencils which is my lazy pseudo heat sink :)

Others doing a lot of streaming or dsd might have a different experience.

at around 200 hours now and it seems heatwise and soundwise to be settling in.

Jun 12, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #1,315 of 3,626
More time on the Max. Well over 200 hours. Yesterday, I didn't care for it a lot. Dry sounding and a little grainy on the upper mids, just not liquid, smooth or fluid. Of course still burning in. Today, so much different. Violin is back to sounding wonderful, openness and musical expression is all there and dynamics to startle. The noise floor is so low as what noise I do hear is in the recording and not from the Max. One thing that continues is the extreme unbridled openness of the sound, just a joy.

The Max really does take some time to settle in. Got to just keep letting it run or listen and know it will take some time but it is really worth it and power all IEMs and headphones from one device, is also very enjoyable. I am also surprised by the battery life. And on we go. . .

i read this and was... um... yeah..

.. it was the word ‘liquid’. Trigggggerrredd!!! :)

...then I listened this morning with an extra 13 hours or so - and yep. You are right on the money (As usual).

Had a listen last night - Max was getting there 165-195 hours or so roughly - but wasn’t enough at that point to put a flag in ground and say ‘aim here!’

This morning after another 13 hours of burn in - it is sounding nearly there at around 200 hours

I suspect 200 is a mile stone and 250 will about reasonably finish it off.

But probably keep improving.

Last nights pic:

0CB18C05-6528-43D7-A2CD-A5AD16A86900.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #1,317 of 3,626
i read this and was... um... yeah..

.. it was the word ‘liquid’. Trigggggerrredd!!! :)

...then I listened this morning with an extra 13 hours or so - and yep. You are right on the money (As usual).

Had a listen last night - Max was getting there 165-195 hours or so roughly - but wasn’t enough at that point to put a flag in ground and say ‘aim here!’

This morning after another 13 hours of burn in - it is sounding nearly there at around 200 hours

I suspect 200 is a mile stone and 250 will about reasonably finish it off.

But probably keep improving.

Last nights pic:

0CB18C05-6528-43D7-A2CD-A5AD16A86900.jpeg
I am going to be blunt here. It sounded like crap yesterday, to me. Just not right, rough and I was like, damn, I hope this changes. Then today and right now listening to Jennifer Warnes Famous Blue Raincoat, 1st track and volume appropriate and I have goosebumps all over. Don't really like them. lol But it is that, just so different and so much, much of everything. Good stuff for sure!

Jun 12, 2020 at 8:47 PM Post #1,318 of 3,626
I am going to be blunt here. It sounded like crap yesterday, to me. Just not right, rough and I was like, damn, I hope this changes. Then today and right now listening to Jennifer Warnes Famous Blue Raincoat, 1st track and volume appropriate and I have goosebumps all over. Don't really like them. lol But it is that, just so different and so much, much of everything. Good stuff for sure!

I suspect element of psychology involved there, what kind of day were you having? Doesn't seem remotely plausible that overnight the hardware changed so much to completely overturn it "sounding like crap".

Jun 12, 2020 at 9:01 PM Post #1,319 of 3,626
I suspect element of psychology involved there, what kind of day were you having? Doesn't seem remotely plausible that overnight the hardware changed so much to completely overturn it "sounding like crap".
It was grainy and the thought crossed my mind but I have been doing this for years and have heard changes like this before, not often but I have heard it as some in the audio path needed forming or was changing. I appreciate what you are saying, but I know what I was hearing but will say that the sound is not something I wish to put down, but have to go out for my daily hike, even though we have a large fire, sadly, burning in the mountains 2 miles away and they haven't got it under control.

Jun 13, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #1,320 of 3,626
Maybe everybody already knows about it, but I just found about this software called scrcpy, which let's you control your Android device from your computer. Here is a small video I made controlling my MAX, but it can be used with any Android device. Very useful if you are sitting at your desk and don't want to fiddle with the warm touch screen. You can click, wake it up and type. I connected it over USB but as I understand it should be possible to use over TCP/IP network.

Here is the link to the software:

https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back