iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
May 22, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #575 of 3,626
Batter life has never been the DX220's strong suit. So I'm hoping it does better then with the AMP8

**** it. Pre-order placed.
I hope so too, I am just saying it as a guess. Logically is that the main DAC battery is the same as Dx220 and the amp uses it own batteries. That means the whole system should last for a while. But even DMP Z1 only goes up to 8-10 hours

May 22, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #579 of 3,626
It is a good question, it depends which battery or batteries depletes first.
In theory it should last longer than the DX220 AMP8 combo as the same 4400mah battery is not having to power an AMP section just the SOC/Screen/DAC but it depends how quickly those separately charged (4 * 900mah) deplete. Also if the AMP battery level is even visible/monitorable from Android. It may just give us a low battery red LED or something.

May 22, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #583 of 3,626
It is a good question, it depends which battery or batteries depletes first.
In theory it should last longer than the DX220 AMP8 combo as the same 4400mah battery is not having to power an AMP section just the SOC/Screen/DAC but it depends how quickly those separately charged (4 * 900mah) deplete. Also if the AMP battery level is even visible/monitorable from Android. It may just give us a low battery red LED or something.

That was actually the reason I asked about the SoC frequency, as I remember it was limited to 1.2 GHz, rather than 1.5 GHz specified max. frequency of the SoC. Maybe I am wrong, but if that was the case, it should be possible to boost to max. frequency to improve the application performance with such a dedicated larger digital only battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back