iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Sep 23, 2021 at 5:06 AM Post #3,511 of 3,626
I was hoping in the dx300max they'd make a seperate usb for charging and data. Didn't happen.

But I guess it's not intended for so.

Sep 23, 2021 at 5:10 AM Post #3,512 of 3,626
I was hoping in the dx300max they'd make a seperate usb for charging and data. Didn't happen.

ButnI guess it's not intended for so.
I am sure it is as complicated as can be for charging already :wink: separated amplifier charger, and next to usb charger. I don’t think Ibasso want to confuse the users even further. I have seen many complains about the chargers being used and the speed. Many people have been complaining about not being able to use quick charge, or being charged super duper slow that the player shutdown while plugged in the charger and the headphones to burn in.

This specific reason that I wished Ibasso would provide a stock USB charger instead....but not only Ibasso, other stuff don’t typically come stocked with USB chargers anyways lol....

Oct 1, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #3,513 of 3,626
I took some time away from DX220Max. I had to get it repaired -- it turned out to be a faulty SD issue.

I wanted to share my experience. Ibasso service is TOP NOTCH! I can't say enough positive things about Ibasso as a company. They communicated quickly even over the weekend and kept me updated on the progress. And in my book has risen to the top as a trusted company that takes care of their consumers. Bravo!

As for getting the DX220Max back and listening to it again, I'm loving it! I don't tend to listen in the same spot in the house so having a "desktop" quality but portable device is amazing. With the gain and volume controls, it has flexibility to listen to IEMs to full planar headphones.

I listen mostly on qobuz for serious listening and use spotify and YT for discovering. I dislike Qobuz's recommendations. And a little confession, I actually like listening to music on YT :) I think its because they've worked on making it soft and never offensive.

Sound wise: I mainly listen to vocals (e.g., not classical, instrumental jazz etc.). I like tons of details and a warmer sound (aka "musical" vs. "reference/neutral").
  • It's detailed without going overboard to become sharp. It's always smooth to listen. Refined.
  • It's powerful but still listenable at low volumes; but I have to admit that as you go louder, the sound becomes more fuller and always composed. It's fun when you pump up the volume :)
  • Soundstage and image is spot on for me and scales with the type of headphones: Open-back feels spacious, Forward IEMs bring in the image nicely. Maybe another way said is that it's transparent.
But mainly I wanted to post to share my positive experience with ibasso as a company.

Oct 5, 2021 at 11:40 PM Post #3,515 of 3,626
Hi alll,

Did someone buy the on-belt bag or something else? For carrying on 220max. I'm looking for. My old one for other devices is a little bit smaller.

And what about the difference between mango player and uapp/hiby? I found UAPP more transparent and neutral. But hiby player is attractive due the hiby link.

Oct 9, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #3,517 of 3,626
Hi, my analog battery is no longer charging, is it user replaceable?

Oct 13, 2021 at 11:23 PM Post #3,520 of 3,626
Did you email ibasso? They're service is too notch. I don't think the battery is "user" replaceable. I suspect you need to be very comfortable with opening up electronics.
I replaced three times

Quite simple.

What is the battery ID so I can order a new one, thanks in advance!

Oct 25, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #3,523 of 3,626
Oct 25, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #3,525 of 3,626
Faulty batteries ? In Dx220Max ? That video is a Dx220, not a Max ***, but I agree, you should save for a DMP Z1
Or find a DX300MAX and get better sound. IMO and at far less cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back