iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Jul 2, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #3,466 of 3,626
Almist every wekl known DAP manufacturer has a heavy brick
Sony DMP-Z1
Ibasso DX220max/DX300max
Shangling M30
Fiip will soon have M17

the only two that sont have a heavy brick are cayin and A&K
Look harder. You are missing a few and you list one manufacture that does have a chunky player. Work at it! :^)

Jul 5, 2021 at 8:19 PM Post #3,469 of 3,626
Hi Max Owners,
Just curious questions below:

1) is SPDF Out to a separate DAC or something else?

2) Is LINE OUT to Amp only, meaning Max use as Digital transport => Digital Amp with 4.4mm Input?
Can LO use 4.4mm convert to RCA to Tube Amp?

Anyone here familiar with the setup? Thank you in advance.

Jul 6, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #3,470 of 3,626
Hi there, I received the MAX today and initial impression were very good, reset to factory settings, installed latest update, installed Tidal APK, started testing some songs.... I do like the SQ!

But, in 5 songs played second time Tidal playback stopped with the error "There was a connection problem"
I did not have connectivity issues with my other devices.
I do have a mesh WiFi

Are there known issues with the MAX? With tidal? Or is it possibly a defective unit regarding WiFI Antena?

Thank you and cheers,
Tomi

Jul 6, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #3,471 of 3,626
Hi there, I received the MAX today and initial impression were very good, reset to factory settings, installed latest update, installed Tidal APK, started testing some songs.... I do like the SQ!

But, in 5 songs played second time Tidal playback stopped with the error "There was a connection problem"
I did not have connectivity issues with my other devices.
I do have a mesh WiFi

Are there known issues with the MAX? With tidal? Or is it possibly a defective unit regarding WiFI Antena?

Thank you and cheers,
Tomi
This is a Tidal issue. It only wants to run mqa files for some weird reason.

Streaming via Hiby Music app or UAPP app bypasses this Tidal problem. I personally like Hiby Music app more between the two.
20210704_080911.jpg

Jul 6, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #3,472 of 3,626
Hi there, so that is a known issue with specifically Tidal? If you say "It only wants to run mqa files for some weird reason.", would that not mean it does not play the songs at all? I had the issue it played some songs, and then lost connection.
If qobuz runs smoothly with no connectivity problems on the 220MAX, I have no issues switching the streaming service...
Thank you and cheers,
Tomi

Jul 6, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #3,473 of 3,626
Hi there, so that is a known issue with specifically Tidal? If you say "It only wants to run mqa files for some weird reason.", would that not mean it does not play the songs at all? I had the issue it played some songs, and then lost connection.
If qobuz runs smoothly with no connectivity problems on the 220MAX, I have no issues switching the streaming service...
Thank you and cheers,
Tomi
Hi,
I have no disconnection error or problem using Quobuz with my D220MAX at home.

Jul 6, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #3,474 of 3,626
Thank you and cheers,
Tomi
I would try a different channel on the router. There are many variables including the software of the app being used.

Jul 6, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #3,475 of 3,626
Thank you and cheers,
Tomi

Yeah, this isn't a 220max disconnection issue. It is the official Tidal app just being sucky. Switching to Qobuz should work (Or streaming Tidal from a 3rd party app).

Jul 27, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #3,479 of 3,626
@Paul - iBasso
The battery I have is bulging, pushing up the back glass and pushing down the SD slot.

I would also like to get the biggest possible since it is draining too quickly for me. If it is at all possible.

Where can I buy one to replace?
Probably from himself ? I wonder what makes it bulge up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back