iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Jun 27, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #1,831 of 3,626
Walkman WM-1Z doesn’t even have Wifi. People just move on , and the company keeps on producing

the point is that, when you keep trying to repeat something , it doesn’t mean you are gonna get God to fix it for you....it just annoy people
So, what do we do to make manufacturer's improve their products? I wanna support iBasso wholeheartedly, because first love never dies.

Jun 27, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #1,833 of 3,626
As mentioned and stated before. 2.4Ghz is slower and does have more range but also has more traffic and more interference on it. 5Ghz was designed to go beyond this and it does. It is faster and has a very low inference rate. So you have the option, if 2.4 isn't working for various reasons, use 5, that is what I do and have no issues at all.

Jun 27, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #1,835 of 3,626
Just to say fair, Is Sony advertise anything about WM-Z1 which you found not working as expected?
Bluetooth doesn’t work as expected, watching Netflix by iPad and stream Bluetooth to Walkman will have a latency delay issues. Movies frames will move before the sounds is produced
Yet, people stay with it, or they move on.

Also, it took Sony 1 year to add DAC features to the Walkman.....it sounds like someone wants Ibasso to fix Wifi connection as soon as they open their mouth

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #1,836 of 3,626
Bluetooth doesn’t work as expected, watching Netflix by iPad and stream Bluetooth to Walkman will have a latency delay issues. Movies frames will move before the sounds is produced
Yet, people stay with it, or they move on.

Also, it took Sony 1 year to add DAC features to the Walkman.....it sounds like someone wants Ibasso to fix Wifi connection as soon as they open their mouth
Sony is very reluctant in fixing bugs, I agree. The famous story about WH1000xm3 noise cancellation degradation - they fixed it after 2 years.

Jun 27, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #1,837 of 3,626
Just to say fair, Is Sony advertise anything about WM-Z1 which you found not working as expected?
I have an iPhone 11 Pro, it doesn't always work correctly and there have been software issues on it, my MacBook Pro, My Sony cameras have had a number of updates but Sony is very slow in doing firmware updates, which frustrates many users and if you contact them, you don't get a response. The WM1Z, a few issues, shut down a few times, charged strangely but I don't get uptight about it, the cameras or anything even though they advertise it as working. There are issues, but most everything works so you deal with it. My 2020 supra needs an update to a few things and Toyota is very slow to respond. I use the DX160 and the Max a lot now and to be truthful, I don't have any issues.

Jun 27, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #1,838 of 3,626
It's all about attitude. When you don't act like you know better then everyone else and call people names if they don't agree with you, then you get more help.
When you attack anyone for questioning you, then you don't get anything

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #1,839 of 3,626
As mentioned and stated before. 2.4Ghz is slower and does have more range but also has more traffic and more interference on it. 5Ghz was designed to go beyond this and it does. It is faster and has a very low inference rate. So you have the option, if 2.4 isn't working for various reasons, use 5, that is what I do and have no issues at all.
Apologies: the question was, I believe, was why both 2.4 and 5GHz wifi speeds less than other normal android Smartphones

edit: double quotes, was on my phone on a walk.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #1,840 of 3,626
Bro, the question was WHY BOTH 2.4/5

Apologies: the question was, I believe, was why both 2.4 and 5GHz wifi speeds less than other normal android Smartphones
Most likely because of the case. I would guess it blocks some of the signal.

I am about 25 feet from my router and a wall with cabinets etc., and have all but one bar for reception, so 5Ghz is working fine.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #1,842 of 3,626
DX220 much faster (I have shared few pages back my DX220 screenshots).
This is a stainless case and totally different in contractions from a DX220.

Jun 27, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #1,843 of 3,626
I wonder if the innovation and technology is finally moving in the right direction! We are getting daps in the under $2k range sounding on par or better than daps costing $3-4k. I always bought daps in the $3-4k range thinking i am getting more for what i paid for or am i getting duped? I mean we have manufacturers like ibasso, hiby, fiio all using high end components like ess, akm, and top of the line silmic, nichicon, and ft capacitors. what are the excuses for other manufacturers for charging $3-4k for their daps?

Jun 27, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #1,844 of 3,626
I wonder if the innovation and technology is finally moving in the right direction! We are getting daps in the under $2k range sounding on par or better than daps costing $3-4k. I always bought daps in the $3-4k range thinking i am getting more for what i paid for or am i getting duped? I mean we have manufacturers like ibasso, hiby, fiio all using high end components like ess, akm, and top of the line silmic, nichicon, and ft capacitors. what are the excuses for other manufacturers for charging $3-4k for their daps?
They have faster Wifi ? As fast as a smartphone ? :wink:

Jun 27, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #1,845 of 3,626
I always bought daps in the $3-4k range thinking i am getting more for what i paid for or am i getting duped? I mean we have manufacturers like ibasso, hiby, fiio all using high end components like ess, akm, and top of the line silmic, nichicon, and ft capacitors. what are the excuses for other manufacturers for charging $3-4k for their daps?

Pretty much, we all are. Unfortunately this is a niche market - I have never seen anyone around me that pays an money for an extra player other than a mobile phone. Not $3-4K, but even just $50. I sold everything I had last year and settled for speakers, but the nmad habbit! Could not hold myself and put myself into this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back