iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Jun 30, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #1,907 of 3,626
Despite all the nerve wrecking discussions, why it is for me so difficult to let the MAX go: It just sounds good. Here is a Chinese site comparing MAX to M15, R8 and QA390.

Original: https://www.sohu.com/a/404101599_120202585
Translation: https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://www.sohu.com/a/404101599_120202585

The M15 comparision is spot on matching to what I think: MAX has clearer sound with more extension in low and high ends of sound spectrum. The mids of M15 are slightly better than MAX (which it shows with its velvety vocal rendering). "The biggest problem is that the overtone of the instrument is not as rich as MAX. A piano solo can be clearly distinguished."

For R8: "R8 is a very magnificent trend, dynamics take precedence over details, and MAX is the reverse, using details to build dynamics. So in terms of style, R8 is more suitable for classical music that emphasizes momentum and dynamics, but in terms of vocals, it can't be said that it is not good at it, only that it does not have the extra points like deducing classical music. However , the balance of MAX is a little more moderate than that of R8 . Both the vocals and the classics are OK."

I looked through that write up twice, and still not sure which IEM or headphones they used during comparison. I do see MEST and Grado in some pictures, but not sure if they used it for testing or just for pictures. Just trying to understand the sound relative to pair up synergy.

Jun 30, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #1,910 of 3,626
I looked through that write up twice, and still not sure which IEM or headphones they used during comparison. I do see MEST and Grado in some pictures, but not sure if they used it for testing or just for pictures. Just trying to understand the sound relative to pair up synergy.

The original article mentioned these IEMs & headphones were used for the comparison:
-Simphonio VR1 (an aftermarket cable was used here? Not sure which one)
-Tingpod Aurora 3
-Grado MPRO (05 version? I’ll assume this means 2005 version)

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #1,911 of 3,626
The original article mentioned these IEMs & headphones were used for the comparison:
-Simphonio VR1 (an aftermarket cable was used here? Not sure which one)
-Tingpod Aurora 3
-Grado MPRO (05 version? I’ll assume this means 2005 version)

Got it, thanks! Looks like all mid-forward bright tuned. Just want to have some relative perspective.

Jun 30, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #1,912 of 3,626
Hello: Just bought DX220 max from bhphotovideo last week. First I noticed that there are two battery indicators. The right indicator, however, won't hold a charge (it keeps decreasing). The system has been giving me low battery warnings based on the right battery indicator. I used the included power supply to charge the DAP, however, the charging does not seem to work (or do anything) on the right indicator. Does anyone have a similar problem? Thanks in advance - mathfi

Attachments

• IMG-8267.jpg
    IMG-8267.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-8268.jpg
    IMG-8268.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Jun 30, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #1,913 of 3,626
Hello: Just bought DX220 max from bhphotovideo last week. First I noticed that there are two battery indicators. The right indicator, however, won't hold a charge (it keeps decreasing). The system has been giving me low battery warnings based on the right battery indicator. I used the included power supply to charge the DAP, however, the charging does not seem to work (or do anything) on the right indicator. Does anyone have a similar problem? Thanks in advance - mathfi
You need to use a USB charger through the USB-C port in the middle. DX220 Max has 2 independent batteries; one for analog amp and another for digital system.

Jul 1, 2020 at 2:49 AM Post #1,917 of 3,626
Jul 1, 2020 at 3:33 AM Post #1,919 of 3,626

Users who are viewing this thread

Back