iBasso DX170 You want your Music? It is right here. *** NEW Firmware: 1.06 Apple support and other additions! ***
Apr 22, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #1,321 of 1,665
Hi all, I got an Ibasso DX170 from a seller in Germany 2 weeks ago. Until now I am pretty satisfied, only playing files from Micro SD card.. It looks great, sound quality is marvelous. Couple of things I do not like, in comparison with Sony NWA55 I used previously:
  • Bluetooth connection (Beoplay E8 in-ears) is not always very stable.
  • Mango player does not recognize new uploaded albums automatically. You need to Scan first.
  • Mango player stops playing when an album is finished. I'd like it to keep on playing what's next in library.
  • System keeps mentioning there is an SD Card. Can't turn it off, not even in 'developer settings'
Any tips to solve (one of) these?

And does the Mango player update itself with a firmware update?

Regards,
Ozzie

My DX170 always shows an SD Card notification after boot-up. You can just swipe it away...

Apr 22, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #1,322 of 1,665
My DX170 always shows an SD Card notification after boot-up. You can just swipe it away...
I just started mine. It never does this. ? Not sure why.

Apr 22, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #1,323 of 1,665
I just started mine. It never does this. ? Not sure why.

Curious, I just thought that's the way it is with this Android version. I'll play around and see.

Apr 22, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #1,325 of 1,665
Thanks for the replies. What Audioplayer app would be recommended? And should I de-install Mango app?

USB Audio Player Pro is the standard recommendation from most. I don't see any real reason to uninstall Mango.

Also, I can't find a way to remove the SD Card notification at start-up, other than hiding silent notifications (and it's still there, just no status bar icon).

Apr 23, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #1,327 of 1,665
I would reset the BT ear phones or something. No issues with BT, very strong signal. You don't have to rescan you can go into the folder of the new album and it will scan just the new album once you choose it.

There is play through. I don't use it but I would look at the user manual. Never had it show the card once it is scanned. Maybe do a factory reset of the DX170.
I have never experienced connection issues between the Sony NWA55 and my Beoplays, so I was disappointed. A factory reset seems a bit drastic

Apr 23, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #1,328 of 1,665
I have never experienced connection issues between the Sony NWA55 and my Beoplays, so I was disappointed. A factory reset seems a bit drastic
It is simple and isn't really drastic at all.

Apr 23, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #1,329 of 1,665
@Ozzie070
If there are errors, the Mango Player will be updated with firmware updates, but will hardly get any new functions. If the SD card window appears again, click on the "Setup" field in it, and then the rest will follow. If you want to get rid of pre-installed apps and not just send sleep, then this works with the Windows program "ADBAppControl".
This removes the entire app for the user, but not from the device. Should something go wrong, restoring the factory settings allows you to start testing from scratch.
Screenshot.jpg

Apr 23, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #1,331 of 1,665
Can you explain why it would help to do factory reset?
It may or may not help but if there are issues with the current firmware, a factory reset often clears them out. Some do a factory reset after every update. I often don't but if I have issues, I do.

Apr 23, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #1,332 of 1,665
It may or may not help but if there are issues with the current firmware, a factory reset often clears them out. Some do a factory reset after every update. I often don't but if I have issues, I do.
I believe that the factory reset, empties some data logs that could be incompatible with a new firmware update.
- It's like closing and re-starting your PC, deleting those unneeded logs can help the system run faster. On a PC many logs get deleted after shutdown/restart. On Android (and other) devices, some logs/data just keep accumulating even after shutdown and restart.
- Many device manufacturers recommend a "factory reset" after upgrading firmware; not just Ibasso.

Apr 24, 2023 at 7:56 AM Post #1,333 of 1,665
@Ozzie070
If the SD card window appears again, click on the "Setup" field in it, and then the rest will follow.
I believe this is what he is referring to on the SD card:

Screenshot.jpg

Apr 24, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #1,334 of 1,665
Is it possible to install USB Audio Player Pro with the PEQ Addon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back