iBasso DX170 You want your Music? It is right here. *** NEW Firmware: 1.06 Apple support and other additions! ***
Apr 9, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #1,308 of 1,665
Thanks for the reply ....
It's important to me as my dx160 wouldn't do this. ..
May consider one now all though I have a few in mind .
I returned to dongles (HC3 & KA5), so mine may go up for sale soon (have to wait another 11 days before I have access to classified section). My DX170 is only couple of weeks old, pm me in case you are interested. On second thought, too good to sell :wink:

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #1,310 of 1,665
Is anyone getting high-resolution (24/192) using Amazon Music? My DX170 seems to be stuck at 16/44.1.

Apr 15, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #1,312 of 1,665
Just bought an iBasso DX170 after reading and watching some great reviews.
It arrived yesterday - I am really impressed with the weight, build quality and the size of this device!

Question:
I read that the playtime was approx. 11 hours, but I assume that is when playing files stored on the device / flashcard?
- What playtime should I expect when I will only be using the device as a streamer using WiFi and Spotify? (with IEM's / 4.4)

Attachments

• iBasso DX170 5.jpeg
    iBasso DX170 5.jpeg
    552.5 KB · Views: 0
Apr 15, 2023 at 9:17 AM Post #1,313 of 1,665
Just bought an iBasso DX170 after reading and watching some great reviews.
It arrived yesterday - I am really impressed with the weight, build quality and the size of this device!

Question:
I read that the playtime was approx. 11 hours, but I assume that is when playing files stored on the device / flashcard?
- What playtime should I expect when I will only be using the device as a streamer using WiFi and Spotify? (with IEM's / 4.4)
It's so easy to charge for a few minutes or so, with USB ports everywhere, or even a portable battery pack. I've never ran into a scenario where I'm concerned about the battery life from streaming or downloads.

Apr 15, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #1,314 of 1,665
Question:
Found the answer to my question here:
https://nextrift.com/ibasso-dx170-review-fantastic-mid-range-dap-with-some-quirks/

Battery Life & Charging​

iBasso claims that the 3,200mAh battery of the DX170 should last around 11 hours, and I did manage to get this level of battery life, though I was on low gain mode at around 30% to 50% volume. It’s only when I stream music via WiFi that the battery life take a noticeable hit: I got about eight hours of use just streaming music on Spotify at the highest quality setting.

Apr 15, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #1,315 of 1,665
https://nextrift.com/ibasso-dx170-review-fantastic-mid-range-dap-with-some-quirks/

Battery Life & Charging​

iBasso claims that the 3,200mAh battery of the DX170 should last around 11 hours, and I did manage to get this level of battery life, though I was on low gain mode at around 30% to 50% volume. It’s only when I stream music via WiFi that the battery life take a noticeable hit: I got about eight hours of use just streaming music on Spotify at the highest quality setting.
Streaming will always take battery current. It is using the wifi or if using BT, it will hit battery play time.

Apr 16, 2023 at 12:54 AM Post #1,316 of 1,665

Battery Life & Charging​

I barely get 5 hours on high gain on the 3.5mm

Apr 16, 2023 at 4:26 AM Post #1,317 of 1,665
I barely get 5 hours on high gain on the 3.5mm
Thanks for the info.

I did a test yesterday and just let the iBasso DX170 play a couple of albums on repeat while streaming from Spotify via WiFi.
Volume was set at 30 / low gain as this would be the volume i would use with my Sennheiser IE 900 - Got approx. 9 hours of playtime.

Apr 22, 2023 at 6:28 AM Post #1,318 of 1,665
Hi all, I got an Ibasso DX170 from a seller in Germany 2 weeks ago. Until now I am pretty satisfied, only playing files from Micro SD card.. It looks great, sound quality is marvelous. Couple of things I do not like, in comparison with Sony NWA55 I used previously:
  • Bluetooth connection (Beoplay E8 in-ears) is not always very stable.
  • Mango player does not recognize new uploaded albums automatically. You need to Scan first.
  • Mango player stops playing when an album is finished. I'd like it to keep on playing what's next in library.
  • System keeps mentioning there is an SD Card. Can't turn it off, not even in 'developer settings'
Any tips to solve (one of) these?

And does the Mango player update itself with a firmware update?

Regards,
Ozzie

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2023 at 6:55 AM Post #1,319 of 1,665
Hi, I've the previous model DX160. The SD card thing is simple, you just have to register it once as a removable disk to transfer photos and media. No data is lost in the process. The preinstalled Mango Player is a crutch. Is quite good for testing what possibilities the DX170 offers, but for playback options according to your own ideas I would test other Android players and possibly buy them if it's trialware or rely on freeware.

Apr 22, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #1,320 of 1,665
Hi all, I got an Ibasso DX170 from a seller in Germany 2 weeks ago. Until now I am pretty satisfied, only playing files from Micro SD card.. It looks great, sound quality is marvelous. Couple of things I do not like, in comparison with Sony NWA55 I used previously:
  • Bluetooth connection (Beoplay E8 in-ears) is not always very stable.
  • Mango player does not recognize new uploaded albums automatically. You need to Scan first.
  • Mango player stops playing when an album is finished. I'd like it to keep on playing what's next in library.
  • System keeps mentioning there is an SD Card. Can't turn it off, not even in 'developer settings'
Any tips to solve (one of) these?

And does the Mango player update itself with a firmware update?

Regards,
Ozzie
I would reset the BT ear phones or something. No issues with BT, very strong signal. You don't have to rescan you can go into the folder of the new album and it will scan just the new album once you choose it.

There is play through. I don't use it but I would look at the user manual. Never had it show the card once it is scanned. Maybe do a factory reset of the DX170.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back