iBasso DX170 You want your Music? It is right here. *** NEW Firmware: 1.06 Apple support and other additions! ***
Mar 13, 2023 at 8:44 PM Post #1,261 of 1,645
Just wondering does anyone know when the 1.04 firmware will go over the air?, I've waited anxiously for 2 days, I'm really hoping it improves overall performance and makes the DAP a lot faster and hopefully they figure out the heat issues that the player has.
Just OTA updated to 1.04.332.

Mar 14, 2023 at 4:55 AM Post #1,262 of 1,645
Could not resist to temptation and finally ordered DX170 just for the tiny/minor sound upgrades over the DX160...just hoping i ll found some there........

Mar 20, 2023 at 6:58 AM Post #1,263 of 1,645
Yea, "Everything in life (and Audio) is a balance."

- On my 160 I can get 10+hrs using the 3.5mm Out, no Wifi, No BT, And screen off with 16/44 FLAC files.
- But switching to Balanced out drops battery life to 6Hrs.
- I can see how streaming from WIFI, with BT on, and Running higher bitrate files would drop to 4hrs... Especially if screen is also on much.(Does help to switch to the lower resolution screen setting...)

* I'm sure that iBasso could make a 160/170 sized unit with 20hrs battery life (3.5mm), but sound quality would drop somewhat lower (And be like everyone else).
* And doubling battery size could be done to double battery life; but the size would increase...

Every decision or choice has both positive and negative consequences.
I agree that there's always give and take, but at this price points 5 hours is pretty damn low. You can't even finish your whole work shift with that

The m11s can last up to 30 hours easy with BT and it's $399 on sale. SQ is almost the same (I give 170 a 5% edge here) but I guess the sacrifice here is it's a brick compared to the iBasso

Mar 20, 2023 at 9:31 AM Post #1,264 of 1,645
I agree that there's always give and take, but at this price points 5 hours is pretty damn low. You can't even finish your whole work shift with that

The m11s can last up to 30 hours easy with BT and it's $399 on sale. SQ is almost the same (I give 170 a 5% edge here) but I guess the sacrifice here is it's a brick compared to the iBasso
Just get a portable battery pack if you need more music time without access to USB charging.

Mar 20, 2023 at 11:15 AM Post #1,265 of 1,645

Just picked up mine last week. It lasts up to 10 hours, streaming via Qobuz app or using Neutron (with 64 bits processing and 8x oversampling). However, it took some tweaking to get CPU usage to an acceptable level (and consequently longer battery life).

Mar 20, 2023 at 11:18 AM Post #1,266 of 1,645
New, happy user here, as mentioned in my previous post. I may have missed it in other posts...but any idea why Roon app only outputs 44.1 kHz? Both Mango player, Qobuz streaming app, and Neutron seem to know how to work around Android restrictions. Thanks.

Mar 20, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #1,268 of 1,645
Mar 20, 2023 at 11:35 AM Post #1,269 of 1,645
Hi guys,

‌‌I was looking on the web how to speed up my DX170 that is quite slow for my taste. I found this tip that really speeds up the system. It's like night and day for me.

‌First enable developer options: http://wccftech.com/how-to/how-to-enable-developer-options-on-android-11/

Once activated, go to Developer options in Settings/System

Then go to "Drawing" and turn off:
- Transition animation scale
- Window animation scale
- Animator duration rate

I havn't tried using 0,5X instead of turning off. If you try, let me know if you feel a speed difference.

I hope it will work for you,

My best

Mar 20, 2023 at 11:51 AM Post #1,270 of 1,645
The different animation settings lead to a perceived improvement in speed. However, they do not really impact CPU usage. Use them myself nevertheless. Below you'll find what I did:

Settings > System > Reset options > Erase all data (factory reset)

Settings >
...Apps & notifications > App info > (Force stop & Disable/Uninstall)
......APKPure
......Calculator
......Chrome
......Clock (Clear storage)
......Gallery
......Google Play Services (Clear Cache & Clear storage)
......Video
......"Chinese" app

Restart

Settings >
...Display >
......Brightness level (50%)
......Dark theme (on)
......Screen timeout (30 seconds)
...Audio > volume control knob (Only when screen on)
...Location > Use Location (Off)
...Accounts > Automatically sync app data (Off)
...System Navigation > Gesture navigation
...About Device > Build number (Click 7 times)
...System > Developer options >
......Automatic system updates (Off)
......Debugging > USB debugging (Off)
......Drawing >
.........Window animation scale (.5x)
.........Transition animation scale (.5x)
.........Animation duration scale (.5x)
......Apps > Background process limit (At most 2 processes)

Restart

Hope this helps!

Btw I do not use GPS or APKPure, just directly install APKs.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2023 at 12:17 PM Post #1,271 of 1,645
The different animation settings lead to a perceived improvement in speed. However, they do not really impact CPU usage. Use them myself nevertheless. Below you'll find what I did:

Settings >
Apps & notifications > App info > (Force stop & Disable/Uninstall)
APKPure
Calculator
Chrome
Clock (Clear storage)
Gallery
Google Play Services (Clear Cache & Clear storage)
Video
"Chinese" app

Restart

Settings >
Display >
Brightness level (50%)
Dark theme (on)
Screen timeout (30 seconds)
Audio > volume control knob (Only when screen on)
Location > Use Location (Off)
Accounts > Automatically sync app data (Off)
System Navigation > Gesture navigation
About Device > Build number (Click 7 times)
System > Developer options >
Automatic system updates (Off)
Debugging > USB debugging (Off)
Drawing >
Window animation scale (.5x)
Transition animation scale (.5x)
Animation duration scale (.5x)
Apps > Background process limit (At most 2 processes)

Restart

Hope this helps!
Thanks for your tweaking :)

I have also disabled/uninstalled non useful apps for my use but I can't see really a difference in terms of speed. The best results is obtained by disabling window animation scale, transition animation scale and animator duration rate.

Like you, I will test to limit the number of Apps in the background.

Mar 20, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #1,272 of 1,645
Thanks for your tweaking :)

I have also disabled/uninstalled non useful apps for my use but I can't see really a difference in terms of speed. The best results is obtained by disabling window animation scale, transition animation scale and animator duration rate.

Like you, I will test to limit the number of Apps in the background.
YW. Don't forget to disable Google Play Services, if you don't need/use it. That one seems to make a difference, as it runs in the background constantly.

Mar 20, 2023 at 1:56 PM Post #1,273 of 1,645

Settings >
...Apps & notifications > App info > (Force stop & Disable/Uninstall)
......APKPure
......Calculator
......Chrome
......Clock (Clear storage)
......Gallery
......Google Play Services (Clear Cache & Clear storage)
......Video
......"Chinese" app

Restart

Settings >
...Display >
......Brightness level (50%)
......Dark theme (on)
......Screen timeout (30 seconds)
...Audio > volume control knob (Only when screen on)
...Location > Use Location (Off)
...Accounts > Automatically sync app data (Off)
...System Navigation > Gesture navigation
...About Device > Build number (Click 7 times)
...System > Developer options >
......Automatic system updates (Off)
......Debugging > USB debugging (Off)
......Drawing >
.........Window animation scale (.5x)
.........Transition animation scale (.5x)
.........Animation duration scale (.5x)
......Apps > Background process limit (At most 2 processes)

Restart

Hope this helps!

Btw I do not use GPS or APKPure, just directly install APKs.
To add to this.

Switching to 720p mode also helps a bit.

Mar 20, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #1,275 of 1,645
I updated a while back. I got auto rotation at 180 degrees, not 90 degrees, so I assumed that was so you could have the unit totally reversed. Did a factory reset today, now it rotates to 90 degrees or 180, so it is a full rotation as needed. If someone does the update and it doesn't work, I would do a reset and another one if needed and make sure after the reset, that the auto rotation is on. For me, I don't use it so I will turn it off again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back