iBasso DX170 You want your Music? It is right here. *** NEW Firmware: 1.06 Apple support and other additions! ***
Jan 31, 2023 at 10:42 AM Post #1,007 of 1,665
Feb 1, 2023 at 7:30 PM Post #1,009 of 1,665
Just got my DX170 this afternoon. First impressions are that it sounds great! Having the KSE1200 system, I wanted to simplify my sound system by eliminating the separate DAC in the middle between my phone and KSE1200 energizer.
I like to alternate between my Campfire Audio Andromeda 2020s, and the Shure KSE1200 system, and the USB-C connection on my old android phone just isn't very secure, so I couldn't use the USB DAC on the go. Also sometimes it would disconnect just from moving my phone a tad.
So far, just been listening on the Andromeda 2020s, and they sound really good. Because of the DAC connectivity issue, I'd occasionally listen to Andromeda 2020s straight out of my Motorola Edge headphone jack and relative to that, the DX170 is quite dramatic. The bass goes significantly deeper, everything is playing with a practically noiseless background, the dynamics are startlingly better, and the highs are much closer to what I'm used to from the KSE1200 system. People that haven't experienced the difference that a good DAC and high resolution audio files make, will be blown away.
I like the volume limiting setting, for not having to worry about accidentally cranking the volume. Going to experiment with the filters and such, but have found that I prefer the low gain, NOS setting for now.
Very nice device! 👍👍

Feb 2, 2023 at 4:07 AM Post #1,010 of 1,665
I got mine yesterday and it does sound good but I'm feeling mixed. It's slow, not horrible but I'm used to older shanling m6 pro 21 haha but more importantly it's missing features like remember playback position after shutdown and ability to control via phone and no touch to wake. On bright side I didn't get charged customs so got it for cheaper then shanling m3 ultra lol

Feb 2, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #1,011 of 1,665
I got mine yesterday and it does sound good but I'm feeling mixed. It's slow, not horrible but I'm used to older shanling m6 pro 21 haha but more importantly it's missing features like remember playback position after shutdown and ability to control via phone and no touch to wake. On bright side I didn't get charged customs so got it for cheaper then shanling m3 ultra lol
I wonder if the touch to wake is for battery life extension? I've gotten used to just pressing the scroll wheel to wake it up.

Feb 2, 2023 at 5:53 PM Post #1,012 of 1,665
I wonder if the touch to wake is for battery life extension? I've gotten used to just pressing the scroll wheel to wake it up.
Touch to wake is interesting to avoid pushing too much that weak wheel...

Feb 2, 2023 at 6:48 PM Post #1,013 of 1,665
yeah its easier to wake device.
I installed Hiby app and it was very fidley to set up but I got Hiby Link working from my Android phone.
Now need to test to see if using Hiby app vs Mango app will have a big decrease in battery.
I wonder what MW output it has on Low and High Gain on 4.4.
i dislike when companies give vrms as that is usually no load and dont tell you much

Feb 2, 2023 at 6:55 PM Post #1,014 of 1,665
Touch to wake is interesting to avoid pushing too much that weak wheel...
The wheel ain't weak. I have used the hell out of mine in my pocket, coat etc., no issues at all with the volume/power wheel.

Feb 3, 2023 at 1:23 AM Post #1,016 of 1,665
Just got a dx170, and i use line out 3.5mm to rca of xduoo mt602, is this a degrade of sound signature?

Kind of like the warmer and fuller sounding by xduoo, but clarity took a slight hit, i think ..
As long as you have set the 3.5mm to line output mode, it shouldn't be any degradation.

Feb 3, 2023 at 2:31 AM Post #1,017 of 1,665
The wheel ain't weak. I have used the hell out of mine in my pocket, coat etc., no issues at all with the volume/power wheel.
I have always had the feeling that the wheel was going to break on all my iBasso DAPs. It is true that especially in the DX300, and that in the DX170 it seems stronger.

Feb 3, 2023 at 2:39 AM Post #1,018 of 1,665
I have always had the feeling that the wheel was going to break on all my iBasso DAPs. It is true that especially in the DX300, and that in the DX170 it seems stronger.
The wheel is not that simple, it has some kind of shaft and is embedded into the main body.
It is very difficult to break, nearly impossible with regular use.

Feb 3, 2023 at 10:08 AM Post #1,019 of 1,665
The wheel is not that simple, it has some kind of shaft and is embedded into the main body.
It is very difficult to break, nearly impossible with regular use.
By breaking, I don't mean that it breaks physically, but that it breaks down and stops working as it should.

In the DX300 thread I lost count of the number of people whose DX300 had wheel problems, stopped working, or crashed and kept rebooting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back