iBasso DX170 You want your Music? It is right here. *** NEW Firmware: 1.06 Apple support and other additions! ***
Jan 29, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #994 of 1,665
how many people have QC issues with dx170?
Had it since it came out. No issues but like anything, there can be some, like with my watches, which aren't cheap.

Jan 29, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #996 of 1,665
I got comment on reddit from someone with it and they said stay away too many QC issues but did not state why and then didnt answer anymore lol

Ok thanks.

Had mine since November - few issues here are there (like needing to re-scan to catch all the embeded artwork) or an occasional bug but 99% of the time no problems

Jan 29, 2023 at 5:36 PM Post #998 of 1,665
I got comment on reddit from someone with it and they said stay away too many QC issues but did not state why and then didnt answer anymore lol

Ok thanks.

Was that someone working for fiio? :p

Jan 30, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #1,001 of 1,665
Was that someone working for fiio? :p
A manufacturer I know from China, very big and well known, admitted that they used people to make negative statements about other companies products. It is a very common practice. One company in particular he said he wanted to "destroy". Disgusting tactics.

Jan 30, 2023 at 1:38 PM Post #1,003 of 1,665
i think biggest downside of the DX170 compared to Fiio and Shanling is battery life.
Both other competitos have 14/15 hour battery life but are much heavier which is trade off i suppose
Batteries equal weight and I am sure ibasso could have gotten much more play time but then it would weight twice as much. Yes a trade off and for most listening sessions, I find the battery life fine and if more is needed, I have a small USB C battery that plugs right in and you have a lot of play time.

Jan 30, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #1,004 of 1,665
Batteries equal weight and I am sure ibasso could have gotten much more play time but then it would weight twice as much. Yes a trade off and for most listening sessions, I find the battery life fine and if more is needed, I have a small USB C battery that plugs right in and you have a lot of play time.
does it let you charge while playing music?

Jan 30, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #1,005 of 1,665
does it let you charge while playing music?
Yes, all ibasso daps do, that I know of but all the recent ones do. I have back to the DX100 and it does so I would say they all do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back