iBasso DX170 You want your Music? It is right here. *** NEW Firmware: 1.06 Apple support and other additions! ***
Aug 11, 2022 at 3:26 PM Post #226 of 1,665
Has anyone tried the SPDIF output? It doesn't seem to work with the same cable I have used for DX320 and DX240. Is it a different format? 1-pole or 2-pole? Can the vendor answer this?
Im obviously not the vendor but the manual states you have to switch something in order to use the 3.5mm output as an SPDIF. I would imagine it would be the same as the DX320 as it's compatible with the DX160 also. Seems like you have to toggle something in the notifications area. May be hidden by default so might have to edit to add it. I know the DX320 PO/LO button would disappear when putting in AMP13 because it didn't have that option. When you put stock amp back in it his this setting before iBasso fixed it in the last update for the DX320. You had to pull down notifications completely, click the edit button and then drag that option back to be selectible from the notification pane.

Coaxial Output Port:

Use a mini coaxial cable to play music stored in the DX170 on an
external device with a coaxial input port. Before using the coaxial

output, make sure SPDIF is selected on the 3.5 interface of the
drop-down notification bar.

It would go back to the "hold and drag tiles" part so you had to drag it to add it back after going from 13. Back to the stock 11.2 amp.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220811-143117.png
    Screenshot_20220811-143117.png
    124.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 14, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #228 of 1,665
Is anybody else having problems with Qobuz?

I received my DX170 a couple of days ago and first impressions are really good.

However, Qobuz is proving problematic. After installation the app crashes when first opened and the message "Qobuz keeps stopping" appears. Rebooting the device allows Qobuz to launch for the first time but I never get an opportunity to accept any App permissions.

When I try to download albums or music in Qobuz for Offline listening, the downloads never appear in the Offline library.

Factory reset, side loading, installation from APK or Google Play Store makes no difference. I have cleared the Cache, toggled App permissions but nothing works.

I think the initial crash after installing Qobuz is affecting the App setting up correctly and preventing downloads appearing for Offline listening? I just cannot think of anything else to try?

It is strange that Qobuz always crashes on first launch after download and the DX170 has to be rebooted before the App can launch for the first time?

No issue downloading Spotify or UAPP

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Aug 14, 2022 at 1:41 PM Post #229 of 1,665

However, Qobuz is proving problematic. After installation the app crashes when first opened and the message "Qobuz keeps stopping" appears. Rebooting the device allows Qobuz to launch for the first time but I never get an opportunity to accept any App permissions.

When I try to download albums or music in Qobuz for Offline listening, the downloads never appear in the Offline library.

Factory reset, side loading, installation from APK or Google Play Store makes no difference. I have cleared the Cache, toggled App permissions but nothing works.

I think the initial crash after installing Qobuz is affecting the App setting up correctly and preventing downloads appearing for Offline listening? I just cannot think of anything else to try?

It is strange that Qobuz always crashes on first launch after download and the DX170 has to be rebooted before the App can launch for the first time?

I have the same problem.
The Qobuz randomly crashing and imported music doesn't work.
Also while listening to Qobuz, adjusting the volume is very lagging and takes a couple of seconds to adjust.
I think we should mail iBasso for a fix.

Aug 14, 2022 at 1:49 PM Post #230 of 1,665

Try Android settings, apps & notifications, Qobuz, Permissions and grant Files and media...

Edit:

Didn't help for imported tracks, sorry...

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #231 of 1,665
Try Android settings, apps & notifications, Qobuz, Permissions and grant Files and media...

Edit:

All permissions are granded.
Storage in the app shows as occupied with the downloaded data but the music won't show in the imports section.

Aug 14, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #232 of 1,665

Edit:

I have tried that and doesn't work for me either unfortunately.

What I have discovered is that if you download a track or album, Qobuz goes through the download process as normal and I receive a notification that the download is complete.

On my other devices, if you go back into the album or track you then have the options of "Remove from offline library" or "Remove from Cache".

On my DX170 this doesn't happen and the "Import in quality" option remains as if the download never took place. However, the download does appear in the internal memory or SD card but Qobuz doesn't recognise the downloads on the App for some reason?

*Edit* I have just emailed iBasso and will update.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2022 at 10:13 AM Post #233 of 1,665
I have received a reply from iBasso regarding the issues with Qobuz.

"Thank you for contacting us. We reproduced this issue and will fix it on the next firmware update."

Aug 15, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #234 of 1,665
Had this delivered last week. First DAP in years. Enjoying listening with it so far. One unfortunate issue with UAPP. For some reason I can’t get it to actually play a song. I’ve download the trial app to check it out, and every time I select a song nothing seems to happen.

Aug 15, 2022 at 10:48 AM Post #235 of 1,665
UAPP has been updated to support DX170 (and DX320)...

Aug 15, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #237 of 1,665
Yeah I've tried with the latest 6.0.8.1 trial apk from the website.

6.0.8.1 paid from the Google Play Store is working perfectly for me (including hi-res and MQA). Odd that the trial doesn't work.

Aug 15, 2022 at 12:23 PM Post #239 of 1,665
Congrats - Looking forward to hearing your impressions.

Still waiting for mine. Ordered from HifiGo a week ago and coming to Canada will be at least 2 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back