iBasso DX170 You want your Music? It is right here. *** NEW Firmware: 1.06 Apple support and other additions! ***
Oct 29, 2023 at 5:49 PM Post #1,502 of 1,665
You mention the Sabre glare and clinical sound. Absolutely no hint of them in LG V10. It is so warm, wide, detailed and musical, something between CS and AKM, as it is similar to the Jcally AP7, but way superior. V20 and G7 and V60 have newer chips and sound inferior to V10 in almost every way, except maybe for a bit clarity and transparency. V10 is way more musical than my desktop Yulong D200, which, of course, destroys V10 in detail. If you want to hear every bad thing about Sabre, listen to E1DA 9038D. It is so thin and lifeless, that is laughable. Bags of detail and dissected, wide soundstage, everything else is unbearable. I much prefered even the HTC 10 and returned the E1DA. Linsoul.de is nothing short of outstanding seller. HTC 10 also destroys HA-2, similar story. I truly believe V10 in high impedance mode is a gift from above. Mainly because it is incredibly forgiving to poor sources. Some Eurodance remixes from Youtube are masterpieces and impossible to find lossless. It makes them shine!!! In other threads, people compained about the poor Sabre implementation in Rog 5. While others insist older phones from Vivo and Lenovo sound better than V10...I cannot imagine that, really. I wish I could try them...endless researches I did.

Nov 3, 2023 at 5:28 AM Post #1,503 of 1,665
Niagra launcher far superior to the stock launcher, aesthetically and functionally. Highly recommended to my fellow DX170 users.

Screenshot_20231103-082823.png

Nov 3, 2023 at 5:55 AM Post #1,505 of 1,665
Sure. It strips away all the unnecessary visual features of stock android, such as the multiple homepages and sporadic icon placement, and condenses it all into one page. Some people might prefer the option to have multiple homescreens for use with widgets, but on a device like this which has limited performance by its internal hardware, it certainly feels more responsive to me. I've not run any empirical tests so I could be wrong, but battery life seems to be better than stock from memory. Not by orders of magnitude mind, but as the launcher is much simplified, and far more appropriate for use on a device like this where music is the primary purpose, I believe it is less taxing on the system processes to run. I use it as the launcher on my phone too, that has a Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor and 16gb of RAM, just because I like the more streamlined nature of Niagra. If I click on the audio icon I have on the homescreen it opens a folder with all my music apps:

Screenshot_20231103-095320.png

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2023 at 11:19 AM Post #1,506 of 1,665
I have an issue…..just tried to do an OTA update on my dx170 but it said update failed, now the device won’t boot and it’s totally stuck on the loading screen, now it’s totally stuck on the loading screen, I’ve tried a factory reset but no joy! Any help appreciated

Nov 6, 2023 at 11:28 AM Post #1,507 of 1,665
I have an issue…..just tried to do an OTA update on my dx170 but it said update failed, now the device won’t boot and it’s totally stuck on the loading screen, now it’s totally stuck on the loading screen, I’ve tried a factory reset but no joy! Any help appreciated
Push the play button on the side and then hold it and the power button down. You should go to the recovery menu. You can then go to wipe date/factory reset using the volume control and activate by pushing the power button.

Nov 6, 2023 at 12:10 PM Post #1,510 of 1,665
Nov 6, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #1,511 of 1,665
I would use this, from the 1st page. It is the Android tool that is used on a PC. I have used it a lot in the past and it reformats the player and loads the .img firmware and then you can update to the latest firmware in the normal manner.

http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX170_20230715_1.05.410_32G_img.zip

http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/RKDevTool_Release_v2.84_en.zip (Tool for 170)
When I click on the links nothing happens? Are they dead links?

Nov 6, 2023 at 12:34 PM Post #1,514 of 1,665
Tried it both ways......when USB cable plugged in it comes up with charging symbol...then DX170 logo...then charging symbol.....and keeps repeating this
Try having the DX170 off, hold the forward button down and then plug it into a charger.

Nov 6, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #1,515 of 1,665
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back