iBasso DX170 You want your Music? It is right here. *** NEW Firmware: 1.06 Apple support and other additions! ***
Feb 5, 2023 at 7:43 AM Post #1,036 of 1,635
Hi guys. A week ago I bought my ibasso dx170. But there is a problem. When the last song on the album finishes playing, or just any single track is completed, in my earphones there is an unpleasant short crack that makes me shudder. After pressing the unlock wheel I hear another much quieter crack and go to the player menu to start a new album. He starts playing, the time counts down, but there is no sound at all. After that I stop the player and just let it sit for a few minutes and try again and it plays again like nothing happened until the album finishes. The same thing can also happen if, while listening, you just press the pause button on the side and it clicks again in my earphones with some kind of crackle, and after a minute or two the sound appears again after starting the player. What I tried was changing the output from balanced and unbalanced, changing the player from Mango to UAPP, rebooting the system and finally resetting the player. But nothing changed. The latest firmware is installed. Does it make sense to try again to install the latest update from the iBasso web, or maybe in the future it could be fixed by an update? It feels like after a stop or pause, the audio part or the amplifier is turned off for a while if there is no reading signal, well, that's just my thoughts)) What do you think, should I return it?

Feb 5, 2023 at 7:52 AM Post #1,037 of 1,635
Hi guys. A week ago I bought my ibasso dx170. But there is a problem. When the last song on the album finishes playing, or just any single track is completed, in my earphones there is an unpleasant short crack that makes me shudder. After pressing the unlock wheel I hear another much quieter crack and go to the player menu to start a new album. He starts playing, the time counts down, but there is no sound at all. After that I stop the player and just let it sit for a few minutes and try again and it plays again like nothing happened until the album finishes. The same thing can also happen if, while listening, you just press the pause button on the side and it clicks again in my earphones with some kind of crackle, and after a minute or two the sound appears again after starting the player. What I tried was changing the output from balanced and unbalanced, changing the player from Mango to UAPP, rebooting the system and finally resetting the player. But nothing changed. The latest firmware is installed. Does it make sense to try again to install the latest update from the iBasso web, or maybe in the future it could be fixed by an update? It feels like after a stop or pause, the audio part or the amplifier is turned off for a while if there is no reading signal, well, that's just my thoughts)) What do you think, should I return it?
What version of firmware are you running? I'd update it to the 1.03, and then sell it on the open market. DAPs are ultra popular, so they're easy to sell on the street. 🤔

Feb 6, 2023 at 2:29 AM Post #1,041 of 1,635
If the problem persists after trying different cables and/or earphones I would email Paul at iBasso.

Feb 9, 2023 at 1:24 AM Post #1,045 of 1,635
Hi
I've been enjoying the DX170 for about two weeks now. So far I really like it, It really sounds amazing.
I gave up mango player because I found it a bit too finicky and preferred Neutron Player.
There's one small thing that bothers me : I power down my DX170 between each use and I noticed that every time I power up my DX170, I get this "SD card inserted, Transfer data to SD Card" notification.
I tried clicking on every button, tried copying files to the SD using the files management app included, tried formatting the SD inside the player, but the notification comes back at every boot. And the notification settings won't allow me to disable notifications coming from ANdroid settings of the files management app.
Did you experience this ? Have you been able to get rid of this ?
Thanks
Toitoinou

Feb 9, 2023 at 2:02 AM Post #1,046 of 1,635
Hi
I've been enjoying the DX170 for about two weeks now. So far I really like it, It really sounds amazing.
I gave up mango player because I found it a bit too finicky and preferred Neutron Player.
There's one small thing that bothers me : I power down my DX170 between each use and I noticed that every time I power up my DX170, I get this "SD card inserted, Transfer data to SD Card" notification.
I tried clicking on every button, tried copying files to the SD using the files management app included, tried formatting the SD inside the player, but the notification comes back at every boot. And the notification settings won't allow me to disable notifications coming from ANdroid settings of the files management app.
Did you experience this ? Have you been able to get rid of this ?
Thanks
Toitoinou
It happens to me too.

Feb 9, 2023 at 8:52 AM Post #1,047 of 1,635
Hey guys, thinking of getting the DX170. I recently made the switch from Tidal to Apple Music but since I'm on an Android phone, I am unable to get bitperfect output as Apple Music does not support Exclusive mode and UAPP does not support Apple Music.

I figured that the open android on a DAP and their SRC bypass will be very useful and not to mention that it might function as a clean source to some of my DACs. I have noticed that when I pair my phone (LG V60) with my HiBy RS2 in DAC mode or with Mojo 2 there is some improvement when I turn on Airplane mode. Hopefully, the DX170 will be have less USB interference than my phone.

If someone can take the time to answer some of my questions, that would be great.

1. I won't have access to Internet when I'm out so can I just download the songs in Apple Music and use the DAP offline without issues?

2. I have gone thru ~30 pages and noted some people having issues with UI speed and also issues with Qobuz, have these been fixed in the later firmwares? Are there any other issues that I need to be aware of?

3. How does the DX170 compare in sound against something like RS2, Gryphon, Mojo 2... e.t.c. I have heard all the mentioned DAC/Amps so any comparision to those will help me guage the DX170's sound performence.

4. I like to listen to music videos occationally so are there any issues when playing back 1080p content on YouTube? and in this scenario, How much battery life can I expect?

Feb 9, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #1,048 of 1,635
If the problem persists after trying different cables and/or earphones I would email Paul at iBasso.
Tried all options but nothing changed. So I returned it to the store, because although the sound is not bad, there are issues with control, as well as a slightly slow android, during the night of idleness, the battery decreases by 5-8%, even though everything is turned off
I was not very happy with all this, so I go further in search of a new player ...

Feb 10, 2023 at 12:58 AM Post #1,049 of 1,635
Hey guys, thinking of getting the DX170. I recently made the switch from Tidal to Apple Music but since I'm on an Android phone, I am unable to get bitperfect output as Apple Music does not support Exclusive mode and UAPP does not support Apple Music.

I figured that the open android on a DAP and their SRC bypass will be very useful and not to mention that it might function as a clean source to some of my DACs. I have noticed that when I pair my phone (LG V60) with my HiBy RS2 in DAC mode or with Mojo 2 there is some improvement when I turn on Airplane mode. Hopefully, the DX170 will be have less USB interference than my phone.

If someone can take the time to answer some of my questions, that would be great.

1. I won't have access to Internet when I'm out so can I just download the songs in Apple Music and use the DAP offline without issues?

2. I have gone thru ~30 pages and noted some people having issues with UI speed and also issues with Qobuz, have these been fixed in the later firmwares? Are there any other issues that I need to be aware of?

3. How does the DX170 compare in sound against something like RS2, Gryphon, Mojo 2... e.t.c. I have heard all the mentioned DAC/Amps so any comparision to those will help me guage the DX170's sound performence.

4. I like to listen to music videos occationally so are there any issues when playing back 1080p content on YouTube? and in this scenario, How much battery life can I expect?
Anyone?

Feb 10, 2023 at 1:28 AM Post #1,050 of 1,635
Dear friends here is my opinion on the DX170.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ibasso-dx170.26060/review/29235/

Compact sized, lightweight with great sound and the right price.
A real winner.
Since you have reviewed this unit and the DC03 Pro, if I love the sound of the DC03 Pro, will the DX170 give me that sound as well? I have become absolutely enamored with the DC03 Pro but I don’t always want to drain my phone battery when listening and like to have the option to listen from local files off an SD card. Are there significant differences in the sound between the two units?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back