iBasso DX170 You want your Music? It is right here. *** NEW Firmware: 1.06 Apple support and other additions! ***
Feb 27, 2024 at 2:01 PM Post #1,593 of 1,632
Hi guys, so just recently my DX170 has been taking absolutely ages to scan my SD card. It never used to be so bad. Has anyone else experienced the same, is there a solution?
Do you have a lot of files? How big is the card? I use 520gb and 1TB cards and it isn't super fast but very acceptable on the large cards. You can also run a program to check the card and the tags and also do a factory reset of the DX170 and check to be sure you are on the latest firmware for the 170.

Feb 27, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #1,594 of 1,632
Long short, this is a terrible DAP lol I bought it based on this thread other reviews. I read the first 50 pages looking for solutions to trying to get the most out of the DX170.
My background in DAP has been with Cowon DAPs, loved everyone especially the J10. I'm not trying to be negative and I've spent time trying to make this DAP work, I'm not asking for a lot but the things that are important (which this DAP claims to have or do) it doesn't. And yes I have updated it to the latest firmware that's listed on the first page.

1. OS is just laggy and terrible, its not refined or smooth to scroll, there are times I hit the OS buttons and nothing happens for 5-10 secs.
I've followed the helpful suggestions in this thread and shut down everything that uses memory. In 2024 honestly is a disgrace, ibasso should be embarrassed with the OS performance.
2. Which brings me on the concerning part, so I use the JetAudio app (paid version) and the only app running, the DAP is so hot that you can't touch it for more than a few secs, I'm on an aircraft, battery going to blow? very concerning how hot this thing gets. I'm trying to cool it down with it on a cool metal arm rest with the AC blowing down on it.
3. Battery life, maybe 4hrs? what happened to 11hrs (+/- 2/3 hrs) I suspect it with the DAP getting hot, has a lot to do with the battery life, JetAudio app might not be coded correct, and I have to take that into account.
4. Not enough power? so for a headset I am using the Bose qc ultra (wired) headphones, does'nt sound as loud as the Cowon DAPs, plus you can't go beyond 100% on volume.

Honestly I don't know what to think, I see many people happy with it in this thread and that's great. For me, this is a short term solution until I find something else.
Am I missing something here? I'm I expecting too much? Happy hear some thoughts.
the internet (including android central) is full of reports, that the jetaudio app is terrible in ram management and causing devices to get overly hot as well as drain battery faster than you can say jetaudio. so there is that and combined with only 2gb of ram i wouldnt even try.
i guess you should try a good player like UAPP that also will give yo all the settings to get the best audio out of a device including bt transmission. another one that is well known and recommended is the the Hiby player. both are the only ones that dont use the android audio stack but their own custom one. if you - for whatever reason - want to stick with andoid audio you might want to try the neutron player, which is also well known.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2024 at 4:17 PM Post #1,595 of 1,632
I meant exactly every word I wrote there. And I say it publicly: don't get this device, as its OS is terribly out of date and that will make it last very little even in third party support. As much as it Sounds Good.
i guess you better stick with a phone than a dedicated dap as soundquality doesnt seem very hight on your must have list. ad an apple dongle and your good to go. the phones you use - Sound Blaster Jam - arent worth any sophisticated dac or other advantages a dedicated dap has, as you wont notice any differences to the apple dongle with them at all. no offense, its just what it is...

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2024 at 3:41 AM Post #1,596 of 1,632
Do you have a lot of files? How big is the card? I use 520gb and 1TB cards and it isn't super fast but very acceptable on the large cards. You can also run a program to check the card and the tags and also do a factory reset of the DX170 and check to be sure you are on the latest firmware for the 170.
Thanks, I did a factory reset, got rid of the built in apps and the last scan went a lot smoother.

Mar 5, 2024 at 9:10 PM Post #1,597 of 1,632
Can I feed to mojo2 via spdif(coax) when I using bluetooth dac mode?
What I trying to do is: Smart TV ➡ [bluetooth dac mode] DX170 ➡ Mojo2 via spdif(coaxial) ➡ Playing with Mojo2

Mar 6, 2024 at 12:34 AM Post #1,598 of 1,632
Can I feed to mojo2 via spdif(coax) when I using bluetooth dac mode?
What I trying to do is: Smart TV ➡ [bluetooth dac mode] DX170 ➡ Mojo2 via spdif(coaxial) ➡ Playing with Mojo2
Ok I tested it, and it works as being intended.
I was worried to try it because its volume range of change swings a lot ( zero to 100?), and no spdif mark when turn off on back on the screen.
However I think this is its operating normarly
Anyway it went well and DX170 prove itself today.
Amazing device for the price!
But bypass SRC? I don't know sure.

Mar 9, 2024 at 12:07 AM Post #1,599 of 1,632
Hey guys need a bit of help. How do I get my DX170 to play apple music at 48khz and 192khz? I set apple music to lossless but the top left indicator is still saying 44.1 khz. 48khz and 192khz only for local playback with mango players?

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2024 at 4:11 AM Post #1,602 of 1,632
I had Ibasso d42 and It was not bad for a tiny portable dac for a laptop, especially like 13 years ago?
How well it compares to 170/260 in terms of sound quality/tuning? If anyone has an experience please do tell.

Mar 30, 2024 at 12:46 AM Post #1,604 of 1,632
Fired up my dx170 today to sit down and relax to some music via Apple Music only to be given a screen “Apple music no longer runs on rooted android devices”

I don’t remember rooting mine. Rebooted and now the app just refuses to load at all.
I would delete and then reload the app. And do a factory reset.

Mar 30, 2024 at 12:52 AM Post #1,605 of 1,632
Hi guys, so just recently my DX170 has been taking absolutely ages to scan my SD card. It never used to be so bad. Has anyone else experienced the same, is there a solution?
Yes! It is totally crap.

I can't figure out if it's a file number or size limit, but I added a few albums to download on the SD card and it failed to play all. Would just crash my app. Deleted a few albums and back in service.

I cannot imagine a slower device than this. It takes a long time just to long press an album to delete, or scroll a list from the under powered graphics.

Unless you find your equilibrium this isn't going to be a nice experience for general use. I would not recommend this device for the average person after a few months use. I'm already dreaming of something that isn't totally underpowered on the OS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back