iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
May 1, 2023 at 2:15 AM Post #6,872 of 6,991
If you are using the stock cable, file transfer doesn't work with it (charging only). This has always seemed strange to me, but changing to a different cable fixed this issue for me.

Also, on the pull down in notifications on the DX after connecting you need to change it from charging only to file transfer each time you connect it IIRC.
No, this is not the problem. I use a data cable and tried on my gitlfriends Windows notebook: no problems. On mac nothing works. Thats annoying….

May 1, 2023 at 6:51 AM Post #6,875 of 6,991
Does Poweramp or Neutron have parametric eq? I want to equalize my Hifimans He400se based on some eq presets, but can only add 6 bands on Mango player.
Both have parametric EQ options.

May 1, 2023 at 6:56 AM Post #6,876 of 6,991
No, this is not the problem. I use a data cable and tried on my gitlfriends Windows notebook: no problems. On mac nothing works. Thats annoying….
While connected to either machine, do you see the pull-down menu option to select the USB function? By default it is always just set to charging. Change that to file MTP or PTP and you should see the device pop up on the computer.

Are you trying to access it to transfer music to or from the computer, or use it as a DAC for playback?

May 1, 2023 at 7:32 AM Post #6,877 of 6,991
While connected to either machine, do you see the pull-down menu option to select the USB function? By default it is always just set to charging. Change that to file MTP or PTP and you should see the device pop up on the computer.

Are you trying to access it to transfer music to or from the computer, or use it as a DAC for playback?
I just tried to fill the internal memory with some additional music as my microsd is already full.

When I connect the dap to a win machine, there is a pulldown menu. When clnnected with the same cable to mac theres no pull down menu. Also in settings>connections USB can‘t be opened becauae it is not clickable (greyish letters).

I read on some other posts on Apple support that some ozhers seem to have the same problem. It could have slmething to do wirh the Apple M1 chip

May 1, 2023 at 10:01 AM Post #6,878 of 6,991
I just tried to fill the internal memory with some additional music as my microsd is already full.
There isn't a whole lot of extra space with the internal memory. The OS and a couple of apps on mine takes up a little over 24GB, out of a total of just 32MB on board.
When I connect the dap to a win machine, there is a pulldown menu. When clnnected with the same cable to mac theres no pull down menu. Also in settings>connections USB can‘t be opened becauae it is not clickable (greyish letters).
So your Windows machine does see the DX160? Earlier you said neither machine could see it.
I read on some other posts on Apple support that some ozhers seem to have the same problem. It could have slmething to do wirh the Apple M1 chip
Does your Mac have more than one USB input? I would try that. And if you are using an external USB hub, try connecting the DX160 directly instead.

May 1, 2023 at 10:10 AM Post #6,879 of 6,991
There isn't a whole lot of extra space with the internal memory. The OS and a couple of apps on mine takes up a little over 24GB, out of a total of just 32MB on board.

So your Windows machine does see the DX160? Earlier you said neither machine could see it.

Does your Mac have more than one USB input? I would try that. And if you are using an external USB hub, try connecting the DX160 directly instead.
No, this seems to be a misunderstanding: the Windows machine sees the player, never said this doesn‘t work.

I tried both usb ports and also a usb hub. Doesn‘t work.

May 1, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #6,880 of 6,991
No, this seems to be a misunderstanding: the Windows machine sees the player, never said this doesn‘t work.

Have you tried an OTG cable?

May 1, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #6,881 of 6,991

Hmmm. If it works with other devices, it stands to reason it should work with your Mac. Do you have access to another Mac to see if it something with your Mac or all Macs if that type. I can't see the CPU having to do with it, but maybe the version of Mac could.

May 4, 2023 at 11:32 AM Post #6,882 of 6,991
For a good four weeks I have slimmed down my DX160, which affects services running in the background and not required. I have given the tip in the DX170 thread. Amazingly, this has increased stability and endurance. Runtime between charges has increased by almost one hour. It was important to me to end the unnecessary Google services and the Mango player. At the moment, the device still shows me a playing time of 5 hours with a charge level of 58%.

Last edited:
May 5, 2023 at 7:15 AM Post #6,883 of 6,991
For a good four weeks I have slimmed down my DX160, which affects services running in the background and not required. I have given the tip in the DX170 thread. Amazingly, this has increased stability and endurance. Runtime between charges has increased by almost one hour. It was important to me to end the unnecessary Google services and the Mango player. At the moment, the device still shows me a playing time of 5 hours with a charge level of 58%.
In my case, only local files are used. No streaming apps ever require internet access. So I leave my DX160 in airplane mode most of the time. If a Bluetooth connection is required, that can be activated while still leaving airplane mode engaged. Only when I check for any updates do I turn on the internet access briefly. This generally gets me 8+ hours of playback, depending on how often I turn on the screen to check or change what is playing.

May 5, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #6,884 of 6,991
Yes, I use the player offline most of the time. I look for updates on the PC. With Internet radio, I also like to transfer the stream to my AV receiver via SPDIF so that I can be sprinkled with music via large floor-standing speakers. It is a pity that no Android security updates have been incorporated into the firmware so far.

May 5, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #6,885 of 6,991
Hey - it's me again.
After my first week with the iBasso i am pretty happy with the Neutron player. Mango Player is fine as well, but music folder sync just needs way too much time.
After 5 day, the neutron player from APKPure is no longer valid. No problem I thought and just bought a licence from the developer itself. BUT - somehow I am not able to activate the player. How can I manage to do so? In the Neutron help files it says I need to go to settings - Help and then choose account. But in my neutron player there is no Account option. I can't find anything to activate the licence, also I don't find other help files regarding this. If I had known this si so complicated I would have chosen the Google Play store..... Can it be that I need to download another version of Neutron app? My neutron app is called Neutron Player (Eval). I can find a lot of packages of Neutron player on their webpage, but I also don't know what version to choose... ARM64, ARM4v6, x64, ARM Neon and even more versions are available....
I hope someone is able to help me. Sorry, I am absolutely not familiar with Android stuff, I am a Mac user for the last 20 years, also my previous DAP's were all with native firmware....

thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back