iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Oct 30, 2019 at 2:35 AM Post #963 of 6,983
D971CF76-DDB9-4F9B-AFFE-322FD56D512B.jpeg

Not sure if I’m allowed to post this here but I downloaded Lurker’s firmware and did it through AndroidTool using my PC and experienced an error. Now I’m stuck on Android Recovery Mode. Anyone know how I can get out of here and go back to the official firmware? :astonished:

Oct 30, 2019 at 3:07 AM Post #964 of 6,983
and experienced an error.
As you wrote in PM, it was "download image failed" notification in AndroidTool. This usually means that the firmware image wasn't written properly. But don't panic: it is not possible to brick Rockchip-based device by firmware flash errors!

Anyone know how I can get out of here and go back to the official firmware?
The safest way to recover from such a problem is to flash full firmware image. But iBasso hasn't publish it yet for DX160.

In your case, I'd suggest you to flash the same add-on version. To avoid problems:
  • Use the shortest USB cable you have. Anything above 1m/3ft is not recommended.
  • Use USB port soldered on the motherboard (at the back with a desktop, any with a laptop).
  • If you have both USB 2.0 (white) and USB 3.0 (blue) ports, try to use another type. If you use a laptop which has Type-C, try to use Type-C.
In case of no luck with USB ports and cables, you always can flash it using bootable SD-card.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2019 at 3:14 AM Post #965 of 6,983
As you wrote in PM, it was "download image failed" notification in AndroidTool. This usually means that the firmware image wasn't written properly. But don't panic: it is not possible to brick Rockchip-based device by firmware flash errors!

The safest way to recover from such a problem is to flash full firmware image. But iBasso hasn't publish it yet for DX160.

In your case, I'd suggest you to flash the same add-on version. To avoid problems:
  • Use the shortest USB cable you have. Anything above 1m/3ft is not good.
  • Use USB port soldered on the motherboard (at the back with a desktop, any with a laptop).
  • If you have both USB 2.0 (white) and USB 3.0 (blue) ports, try to use another type. If you use a laptop which has Type-C, try to use Type-C.
In case of no luck with USB ports and cables, you always can flash it using bootable SD-card.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply! I finally got it to work. I just connected it to the USB port at the back of my CPU instead of the front. :blush:

Oct 30, 2019 at 3:31 AM Post #966 of 6,983
Is the DX160 on par with Chord Mojo?
I found the N5ii to be superior to the Chord Mojo and the DX160 is another step up from the N5ii. YMMV.

Oct 30, 2019 at 5:41 AM Post #968 of 6,983
Hi everyone, I had the DX 160 for 2 days already. But jsut now i realised that it is not charging properly. Am using the fast charging brick from Samsung to charge it. This is the second time charging and the charge keeps breaking. Anyone is having this problem? Not sure how to go about this now. Thanks guys.

Oct 30, 2019 at 6:26 AM Post #971 of 6,983
Hi everyone, I had the DX 160 for 2 days already. But jsut now i realised that it is not charging properly. Am using the fast charging brick from Samsung to charge it. This is the second time charging and the charge keeps breaking. Anyone is having this problem? Not sure how to go about this now. Thanks guys.

Samsung does NOT use quick charge, but instead uses their own fast charge tech. It's not compatible, and already been mentioned in other Hiby and Cayin threads where people have a similar problem.

Oct 30, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #973 of 6,983
Samsung does NOT use quick charge, but instead uses their own fast charge tech. It's not compatible, and already been mentioned in other Hiby and Cayin threads where people have a similar problem.

Oh no, thanks so much informing. Is there a specific charger I need to get? I will try to look for the Hiby thread as well. I was talking to the reseller (Linsoul) that i bought from earlier, and he opined that it's ok to use Samsung fast charge as long as it is original brick and cable.

But since you mentioned Id rather not risk it.

Oct 30, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #975 of 6,983
Oh no, thanks so much informing. Is there a specific charger I need to get? I will try to look for the Hiby thread as well. I was talking to the reseller (Linsoul) that i bought from earlier, and he opined that it's ok to use Samsung fast charge as long as it is original brick and cable.

But since you mentioned Id rather not risk it.

If it's a QC3.0 charger that you're looking for, get Mi's QC3.0 charger which sells for like $8. I tried a lot of chargers with my R6 Pro and none of them were charging well (numbers mentioned in Hiby's tests) including my OnePlus Warp and Dash chargers. I was initially charging it with Mi's regular charger (not QC3.0) but it took a bit more time for full charge.

Mi's QC3.0 charges perfectly very quickly. It also fits Hiby's charging input specs 'almost' perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back