1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. Check for latest Online Update.

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Aug 3, 2019.
First

Back
39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59
Next

Last
  1. pranavtripathi
    I am interested in trying that out too. I have the DX160 on order from Moon Audio. It shall be delivered in 2-3 days according to them. If you have a bit of time I can tell you if Amazon HD works on the DX160.

sandlapprs and superuser1 like this.
  2. Whitigir

I do believe you, nothing is perfect. That is why personal preferences is always a “key role” here. Hence the reason why I said the dx160 sound too good for it price tag. The Line-Out performances is too good! Especially that blacken blacked out floor noises. The only thing that set dx160 behind a little compare to dx220 IMO is only very little, which I stated all on the review.

3. superuser1
    Please... For the sake of humanity please do :D
    It would be great to be able to use UAPP on the dx160 as the dev himself said it wasn't possible on the R5

4. dharmasteve
    I managed to test Fleetwood Mac in ULTRA HD on Amazon vs Spotify. The ULTRA is more defined and just better on Amazon ULTRA HD than the Spotify 320 Ogg version.

5. jamato8 Contributor
    Not to derail but I signed up for Amzon HD but it says I can only play 24/48, which isn't true as I play 24/96 on Tidal. Anyone know the issue? Customer service at Amazon so far is useless.

What are you able to stream on Amazon HD? Up to 24/192 or 24/96?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  6. Luke Thomas
    Thx, rumors has it. The 160 might be a tad warmer than the m11. This should be a lot of fun as my last dap was a FiiO 1st gen X5

7. TheNameIsGerald
    thank you for explaining your reasons @stuartmc (and i wonder if one can put a price tag on the damage that Jay-Z's activism has done to Tidal.)

but regarding this statement, fwiw: i regularly listen to 192kHz Tidal Master tracks - but (as you point out) with an MQA-capable DAC, and on the desktop. Imho these tracks sound marvellous compared to the same Tidal tracks in CD-quality. (There could be any number of reason for that, not just the increase in resolution.) My aim is to get a comparable experience from a DAP - plus offline mode in the Tidal app.

8. Jester0fTortuga
    Can anyone confirm that iBasso has resolved some issues from the DX220 on this?

Namely interested in downgrading to a player that can actually act as a USB DAC from a new MacBook Pro with only USB C connections (the DX220 has a problem with this).

Also interested in confirming the DX160 can meaningfully manage USB-C output (unlike the DX220 in stock configuration), and that it supports AptX HD bluetooth (the DX220 does technically, but not officially).

Seems these are all things the equivalent Hiby players can do, but thought I'd give iBasso another look before jumping ship.

superuser1 likes this.
  9. wylfsyn
    I only hope, that DX160 will play much better than 150 model. Which IMO was total disaster. Never had DAP with so bad sound. D..n Asahi Kasei chips.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    seanwee likes this.
  10. darkcamel2018
    Hello
    I am interested in the DX160...

1) Does any one know what remote control phone apps i could use with the dx160 (not just Spotify Connect, but to access all my files)?
    Want to control it from the sofa wirelessly, plugged into an external DAC.

And 2) What are the options of outputting hi res audio to external DAC? via coax only, or via USB output (is that enabled)

11. Luke Thomas
    Bummer, one review said he enjoyed the 150 more so than the 220. I guess we cant believe everything we read. You might try the Fiio house sound.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  12. icefalkon

I’ve had every iBasso DAP and I was never a fan of the DX150, although many are. But to say it sounded better than the DX220? That I’ve never heard! lol

13. seanwee
    Time to cross out that reviewer.

Whitigir and icefalkon like this.
  14. karmazynowy
    What is so shocking? Because 150 is easy to listen to, musical and smooth.
    He didnt say its better, but he says he enjoyed the 150 more than the 220 and Im ok with that.

15. Luke Thomas
    Yes he must not be a ibasso fan. He is the reviewer that suggests the M11 over the 220.

buonassi likes this.
First

Back
39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59
Next

Last