iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
May 20, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #5,731 of 6,983
@samandhi I have blueetooth off and used high and low gain, same story there no difference. Wifi must be on because I mostly use Spotify/Tidal. I dont know what else can cause it, I tried with moving away my smartphone but hard to say if it helped or not, because noise still was hearable, and its quite random, so hard to establish wheter it was mor often or not. It is mostly hearable during pause between songs.

May 20, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #5,732 of 6,983
@samandhi I have blueetooth off and used high and low gain, same story there no difference. Wifi must be on because I mostly use Spotify/Tidal. I dont know what else can cause it, I tried with moving away my smartphone but hard to say if it helped or not, because noise still was hearable, and its quite random, so hard to establish wheter it was mor often or not. It is mostly hearable during pause between songs.
I have read on this thread that, that has sometimes been an issue, and it has normally resulted in an RMA. I hope you get it sorted!

May 22, 2021 at 3:32 AM Post #5,739 of 6,983
Unfortunently, Mango Player did not appear on the launcher after I installed it so i had to do a factory reset (I am using Lurker's Mod). But now I can't sign in to Google Play Store. It is stuck at "Checking Info..." and nothing happens. The device became a hot pan btw. Can anyone offer a solution?

Edit: Had to go back to stock firmware then install Lurker's Mod again to solve the problem.

Last edited:
May 24, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #5,741 of 6,983
I think it depends on the app you are using. For me, the CPU usage with AIMP jumps between 216MHz and 1200MHz per core when using WiFi and using earphones. The music is an MP3 stream with 256kbps and I have deactivated the automatic energy-saving mode, which is controlled by the app (low CPU prioritization). Otherwise the screen set to 720p will switch off after 1 minute. With the automatic energy-saving mode "On", the WLAN runs falteringly and I get interruptions in the stream.
For a comparison or test, I sometimes use the HibyMusic app, here the load is noticeably higher, which you can also see in the battery usage.

Last edited:
May 25, 2021 at 7:38 PM Post #5,742 of 6,983
Unfortunently, Mango Player did not appear on the launcher after I installed it so i had to do a factory reset (I am using Lurker's Mod). But now I can't sign in to Google Play Store. It is stuck at "Checking Info..." and nothing happens. The device became a hot pan btw. Can anyone offer a solution?

Edit: Had to go back to stock firmware then install Lurker's Mod again to solve the problem.
Lurker mod have the option to hide the app though, I know this is due but did you actually did that instead of deleting?

May 28, 2021 at 6:53 AM Post #5,743 of 6,983
YW!

Maybe you do indeed. I would write CS and ask them about it. Or maybe @Paul - iBasso would like to chime in and give some input on this?!
Well, returned this to retailer for them to check out and they experienced the same issues as me. They contacted ibasso who informed them that unfortunately the latest firmware update has screwed everything. They said that iBasso said that they might look at it, but not sure when!

Luckily the retailer has offered me my money back, which I will be taking, and I will never go near an iBasso product again.

May 28, 2021 at 7:59 AM Post #5,745 of 6,983
For those who use streaming extensively like me, best is to avoid updating to latest version of your streaming apps and stick to a version that works. New Tidal versions just do not seem to be working with my 2020 DX160.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back