iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Oct 6, 2019 at 9:57 PM Post #407 of 6,983
Don't care how many people have it. Lots of people do not surf this forum and just think iBasso is great sounding and crap user experience because you send free samples to the same folks who say the same things again and again.

"This DX____ is really good, amazing in fact. Layering and depth..blah blah blah, iBasso has really nailed this one"

You let an anonymous in face and name...in fact you also send him a free unit so he can improve what your engineers cannot? His name is Lurker....Anonymous, Lurker who freely modifies the instructions on your DAP and you allow users to download flash tools instead of doing them via OTA or normal routes.
Sketchy and one of the reasons folks skip your DAP's A guy was in here a few days ago struggling to add that official unofficial firmware.

Factory reset??
I have not had to do that on a DAP....ever.

I am going to do a video of the repeated freezing for Youtube and then you can calculate the odds that out of a couple thousand I'm the only one with FW issues.
Mine using the mango player app froze a few times. Also I don’t know what’s going on with ibasso 3.5 jacks. This is the 2nd ibasso (dx120 and now dx160) I plug in my fiio earplugs and another brand and I get a hollow sound. I have to play with the jack. My other players didn’t have the problem.

Oct 6, 2019 at 10:21 PM Post #408 of 6,983
Mine using the mango player app froze a few times. Also I don’t know what’s going on with ibasso 3.5 jacks. This is the 2nd ibasso (dx120 and now dx160) I plug in my fiio earplugs and another brand and I get a hollow sound. I have to play with the jack. My other players didn’t have the problem.

I'm getting no sound out on 3.5 periodically
I'm getting no sound out of 4.4 at all
This began as a random freezing of Mango but it now pretty much does nothing.
I can do a video but what a hit piece that is.

I wanted to be told they are working on a FW since this is the 1st one AND OF COURSE an android based stuff has issues out the gate.
NOT be told 2 thousand have it with no issue...c'mon man. I have big issues and a big audience.
Love the sound
Hate the use of space (totally personal)
Have a unit degrading by the minute to where it is not playing anything. When it gets warm/hot the sound stops. Sure it's related

Oct 6, 2019 at 10:52 PM Post #409 of 6,983

I wanted to be told they are working on a FW since this is the 1st one AND OF COURSE an android based stuff has issues out the gate.
NOT be told 2 thousand have it with no issue...c'mon man. I have big issues and a big audience.
Love the sound
Have a unit degrading by the minute to where it is not playing anything. When it gets warm/hot the sound stops. Sure it's related

Chris, not sure if this is related or not, might be not. But the first DX160 I received went through a hell in shipping to US; have no idea what the eff DHL did to the box but when I opened it everything was rattling inside DX160, like either printed wiring board or battery completely loose, and volume wheel wasn't even working. The unit was damaged. I managed to get a sound out of it, but had to use on-screen volume widget. Waited a week for replacement, and knock on wood all good. Can Linsoul send you a replacement? Or better yet, hopefully Paul can send a new unit. Cause what you are describing sounds like something is totally messed up with it.

Oct 6, 2019 at 10:53 PM Post #410 of 6,983

Love the sound
well I’m sending my back and keep the R5. Much better to me as far as stable and I like the sound

Oct 6, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #411 of 6,983
Chris, not sure if this is related or not, might be not. But the first DX160 I received went through a hell in shipping to US; have no idea what the eff DHL did to the box but when I opened it everything was rattling inside DX160, like either printed wiring board or battery completely loose, and volume wheel wasn't even working. The unit was damaged. I managed to get a sound out of it, but had to use on-screen volume widget. Waited a week for replacement, and knock on wood all good. Can Linsoul send you a replacement? Or better yet, hopefully Paul can send a new unit. Cause what you are describing sounds like something is totally messed up with it.

Totally possible. I think this is hardware related. I will edit my 1st post. I was pissed at it sitting there playing no music :frowning2:

EDIT: I think I have been playing with a faulty DX160 the whole time. The slow deterioration crept up on me till it stopped playing music. It cooled (local room temperature 24c/77F roughly) I think it sounds great, screen is peerless, but this got dropped by a DHL dude? Could be

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #412 of 6,983
Totally possible. I think this is hardware related. I will edit my 1st post. I was pissed at it sitting there playing no music :frowning2:

EDIT: I think I have been playing with a faulty DX160 the whole time. The slow deterioration crept up on me till it stopped playing music. It cooled (local room temperature 24c/77F roughly) I think it sounds great, screen is peerless, but this got dropped by a DHL dude? Could be

Jokes aside, I'm planning to install one of those video doorbell things (you now how paranoid i am lol!!! should have done it before). Sometimes when I'm not home during the day and sign DHL signature waiver, they just toss the box.

Btw, regarding the screen. Never cared about it with any of the DAPs because I don't have big library of songs and don't have it all organized with embedded artwork. But now since I'm doing more streaming, I can really appreciate the quality of the high res screen displaying the album/song artwork.

Oct 6, 2019 at 11:48 PM Post #413 of 6,983
Jokes aside, I'm planning to install one of those video doorbell things (you now how paranoid i am lol!!! should have done it before). Sometimes when I'm not home during the day and sign DHL signature waiver, they just toss the box.

Btw, regarding the screen. Never cared about it with any of the DAPs because I don't have big library of songs and don't have it all organized with embedded artwork. But now since I'm doing more streaming, I can really appreciate the quality of the high res screen displaying the album/song artwork.

I dont know if its going to be possible for you to compare it to m11 pro and 1z ) ) )
Also if there is hiss ;p

Oct 7, 2019 at 12:21 AM Post #414 of 6,983
I dont know if its going to be possible for you to compare it to m11 pro and 1z ) ) )
Also if there is hiss ;p

I don't hear hiss with DX160 (tested with Andro and Solaris), but Vitaly, you and I had many offline discussions about it in the past. Your ears are very sensitive, man. So, I hope more people will chime in with their impressions. As I usually say, what I hear is just a single data point :wink:

Don't have M11 Pro, and WM1Z is a warmer DAP.

Btw, I went back to read some of my early impressions of DX160 vs DX220, and I actually wrote 160 sounded a little brighter. So, I don't know if something changed with more hours I put on it, or the latest fw update, or I'm just splitting hairs here. Either way, with its default amp these sound close to my ears (again, to my ears).

Oct 7, 2019 at 12:32 AM Post #416 of 6,983
I don't hear hiss with DX160 (tested with Andro and Solaris), but Vitaly, you and I had many offline discussions about it in the past. Your ears are very sensitive, man. So, I hope more people will chime in with their impressions. As I usually say, what I hear is just a single data point :wink:

Don't have M11 Pro, and WM1Z is a warmer DAP.

Btw, I went back to read some of my early impressions of DX160 vs DX220, and I actually wrote 160 sounded a little brighter. So, I don't know if something changed with more hours I put on it, or the latest fw update, or I'm just splitting hairs here. Either way, with its default amp these sound close to my ears (again, to my ears).
Alex, if i may... I wanted to know, if one has the screen on, which is the most visually beautiful aspect of the DAP, for a reasonable time (like we do on phones) how that would affect the battery. I ask because i have a large library which is properly tagger with album art et all... it would be a shame to use the DX160 with minimal screen time, especially as its so gorgeous! Ok i think that paragraph is really long.. i hope i am able to get my question across. Thanks

Oct 7, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #417 of 6,983
Is the dx160 a hiss beast? Been looking for a more portable player (more portable than my 1a that is).

Oct 7, 2019 at 7:18 AM Post #418 of 6,983
Is the dx160 a hiss beast? Been looking for a more portable player (more portable than my 1a that is).

Nic, are you serous, Dude? Did you read Dat few posts above? :D

Oct 7, 2019 at 7:24 AM Post #419 of 6,983
Alex, if i may... I wanted to know, if one has the screen on, which is the most visually beautiful aspect of the DAP, for a reasonable time (like we do on phones) how that would affect the battery. I ask because i have a large library which is properly tagger with album art et all... it would be a shame to use the DX160 with minimal screen time, especially as its so gorgeous! Ok i think that paragraph is really long.. i hope i am able to get my question across. Thanks

I just set up another test, will do a playback of flac in a loop with a display always on for about 1.5hrs, then will continue with a display off to see how long it will last. Sounds reasonable?

Oct 7, 2019 at 7:38 AM Post #420 of 6,983
Nic, are you serous, Dude? Did you read Dat few posts above? :D
Sorry got excited with the beautiful pictures you guys posted lol jumped straight down to comment instead of reading. My bad ill read now lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back