iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Jan 13, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #2,889 of 3,129
Maybe @Paul will be gracious and hear our requests.
I think iBasso SHOULD give the new mango for 150 users because . . .it works! unlike like the inconsistent buggy old version. The old version always missing different album arts every times it scans for example - very annoying. The latest mango however works like a charm and is also much much smoother
TBH the amount of money these players cost the firmware should work perfectly :/

Jan 13, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #2,890 of 3,129
I think iBasso SHOULD give the new mango for 150 users because . . .it works! unlike like the inconsistent buggy old version. The old version always missing different album arts every times it scans for example - very annoying. The latest mango however works like a charm and is also much much smoother
TBH the amount of money these players cost the firmware should work perfectly :/
The problem, from a business point of view, it that the DX150 is such a good device (I know is slow, but whatever) that if they update the FW it will cannibalize on newer players... I believe the DX150 is still in production, so there is that.

Jan 13, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #2,891 of 3,129
The problem, from a business point of view, it that the DX150 is such a good device (I know is slow, but whatever) that if they update the FW it will cannibalize on newer players... I believe the DX150 is still in production, so there is that.

Its not about updating the fw, its about having the MAIN software that plays the audio...working ! If the FW worked then no-one would need to cannibalise anything. Dont get me wrong, I love iBasso, Ive been buying their players since the DX50 and am loyal to the company, but for the money you have to spend now to purchase one there is no excuse to not to have a top notch, fully functional, lag free UI. £500 is huge chunk of change for a player.
I love the sound of the players but using the dx220 mango UI is just night and day compared to the dx150 mango.
I think it is shameful that after how many years development and 18 months after release the UI is still so poor
Maybe they are just to busy with their newer [more expensive players?] of which there are a LOT of updates btw
But as you say, it does does sound fantastic so maybe people just aren't that bothered about the UI being so **** ?
I try to be forgiving and understanding but if Im paying THAT much money for a player it is not unreasonable to expect it to work in a smooth fluid manner . . . which it still does not. I mean ***, it cant even get the album art ?? where as the new mango UI does this perfectly. Anyway, I dont view it as giving us an upgrade but giving a working UI to a player that people have invested a lot of money in. THAT is the kind of business practice that brings in loyalty

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #2,892 of 3,129
Its not about updating the fw, its about having the MAIN software that plays the audio...working ! If the FW worked then no-one would need to cannibalise anything. Dont get me wrong, I love iBasso, Ive been buying their players since the DX50 and am loyal to the company, but for the money you have to spend now to purchase one there is no excuse to not to have a top notch, fully functional, lag free UI. £500 is huge chunk of change for a player.
I love the sound of the players but using the dx220 mango UI is just night and day compared to the dx150 mango.
I think it is shameful that after how many years development and 18 months after release the UI is still so poor
Maybe they are just to busy with their newer [more expensive players?] of which there are a LOT of updates btw
But as you say, it does does sound fantastic so maybe people just aren't that bothered about the UI being so **** ?
I try to be forgiving and understanding but if Im paying THAT much money for a player it is not unreasonable to expect it to work in a smooth fluid manner
Agreed to everything you said. I honestly gave up on Mango and currently use USBAP as my media player. I have a FIIO X5iii, one of the worst purchases that I have ever made... you cannot even install an alternative media player, it is a f... mess, embarrassing. With the DX150 is another story, it is slow indeed, but al least you can do something about getting the stuff that it should be doing right. No excuses for iBasso, they should not take the FIIO route and forget about legacy products though.

Jan 13, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #2,893 of 3,129
Agreed to everything you said. I honestly gave up on Mango and currently use USBAP as my media player. I have a FIIO X5iii, one of the worst purchases that I have ever made... you cannot even install an alternative media player, it is a f... mess, embarrassing. With the DX150 is another story, it is slow indeed, but al least you can do something about getting the stuff that it should be doing right. No excuses for iBasso, they should not take the FIIO route and forget about legacy products though.

Im surprised that a lot of companies are releasing new players with ..Ooooo big colourful screens !?? as if that is a good thing :) Who stares at the album art whilst listening to an album?
Seems like they are releasing what are essentially 'Audiophile, reference quality DAPS' but marketing them at kids who like apps, colour etc etc. It also strikes me as odd that people pay 100 hours of pounds/dollars and then stream compressed low quality crap. But I guess that is the current generation :/
If I played music with the screen ON it would literally half my battery life and its not as if you get anywhere near a descent battery life as it is...although the M11 boasts 13 hours... Maybe Im focussing too much on the negatives. Couldn't be happier with the sound of any of my Ibasso DAPS (except for the dx120 which I thought was a mess :)
There is a very basic UI player called 'Apollo' which is very good for not draining the battery. With that installed I can some some descent time
Anyhoo...Im rambling on :D
Good to have a right old moan...its what keeps us Brits happy

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #2,894 of 3,129
I've had my DX150 listed for sale for quite a while (2 months?) and nobody is interested. Well.....good. I made the mistake of listening to my Ibasso DX150 with amp 7 today (after living with the DX160 for about 2 months). It's different, but not lesser in quality to the DX160. That amp 7 is something else. the way it handles decay on BA drivers is awesome. same for how it handles layering for treble. Mids growl and the match with my CIEM Fibae 7 is great.

I'll be keeping it! This is a lesson learned in FOTM and FOMO. ( that's Flavor of the month, fear of missing out).

--------CURRENTLY NO LONGER FOR SALE-------
Ibasso dx150 with amp 6 and 7

Jan 13, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #2,895 of 3,129
I've had my DX150 listed for sale for quite a while (2 months?) and nobody is interested. Well.....good. I made the mistake of listening to my Ibasso DX150 with amp 7 today (after living with the DX160 for about 2 months). It's different, but not lesser in quality to the DX160. That amp 7 is something else. the way it handles decay on BA drivers is awesome. same for how it handles layering for treble. Mids growl and the match with my CIEM Fibae 7 is great.

I'll be keeping it! This is a lesson learned in FOTM and FOMO. ( that's Flavor of the month, fear of missing out).

--------CURRENTLY NO LONGER FOR SALE-------
Ibasso dx150 with amp 6 and 7

Thank you for sharing your experience with the AMP7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back