iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Jan 18, 2019 at 3:02 AM Post #2,074 of 3,129
Who said dx160?

Jan 18, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #2,076 of 3,129
Hi @Paul - iBasso I just tried using the beta android update for DX150 and it was smooth like butter, however when trying the official update it is really sluggish...I hope you can upload a new update or I don't what to do really
Would it be possible to video the performance issue? We can't duplicate it as the latest FW has been very responsive on our test DX150s. I would like to know the SD card used, and if others were tried, the number of files would also help. If you can, can you send a video to service@ibasso.com and to me at paul@ibasso.com. WeTransfer is free and can be used, if you are able to do this.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 18, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #2,077 of 3,129
Would it be possible to video the performance issue? We can't duplicate it as the latest FW has been very responsive on our test DX150s. I would like to know the SD card used, and if others were tried, the number of files would also help. If you can, can you send a video to service@ibasso.com and to me at paul@ibasso.com. WeTransfer is free and can be used, if you are able to do this.
I already sent the videos in the emails you gave and ill upload it here also

When Using the Official Firmware

When Using the Beta Firmware

Jan 19, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #2,080 of 3,129
Also tempted to get an AMP7, is it really a big quality jump with AMP6? Do you notice difference night and day? Is it worth the big investment? And the battery, remains the same or loses hours of work ...

Thanks in advance.
I feel it is a big quality jump as you get a more refined sound, hence a worthy investment. I have not tested the battery from different amp modules but from the information provided online regarding the DX150 with AMP6, the play time is approximately 10.5 hours while for the AMP7, 7.5hours. However, play time varies with different sample/bit rates, volume and headphone/IEM loads. Hope this helps. Cheers! :)

Jan 19, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #2,081 of 3,129
Very grateful for the information ... My money is limited, and I can not get to a Dx200 and its Sabre Dacs ... I seek to improve the DX150 with Amp7, and find a more dynamic and fast sound, and not as slow and warm as I have now with the AMP6 .... Do you think I can find some of this with the AMP7 / AMP6 change, or should I save and go for Dx200?

I'm going to use an Se846, Se535, IMR R1, Akg K812 ang Fostex th900 mkii

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #2,082 of 3,129
Very grateful for the information ... My money is limited, and I can not get to a Dx200 and its Sabre Dacs ... I seek to improve the DX150 with Amp7, and find a more dynamic and fast sound, and not as slow and warm as I have now with the AMP6 .... Do you think I can find some of this with the AMP7 / AMP6 change, or should I save and go for Dx200?

I'm going to use an Se846, Se535, IMR R1, Akg K812 ang Fostex th900 mkii

Dx200 is a more appropriate answer for you, but that will hurt your pocket though

Jan 19, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #2,084 of 3,129
What about the amp8 or amp4s for the dx150? Will make the sound less colored?

The amp is important, but so as is the source and the converter. Over here , you are seeing AKM which has it own modulation and signature, such is called Velvet signature ? It is totally different than Sabre’s. That is likely the main problems that you are having, and I recommended the Dx200 because it seems that your preferences is toward Sabre’s instead.

You can always do both the 150 and 200 and use all modules to compare. But you can also head over to @twister6 to look up those impressions that he published also. Have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back