iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Jan 11, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #2,026 of 3,129
Isn’t DX200 using Rockchip too ? DX200 is flawless. Maybe it is different chip ?
52EA9835-2F52-4982-A8B4-A73E8FF6CFFE.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #2,027 of 3,129
I may be crazy to answer this, but I think it could relate.

The DX200 was released Late 2016 and beginning of 2017. Now, we are into Early 2019, and Ibasso is still not planing on anything to succeed the DX200. Matter of fact, there were 2 Limited release versions, A gold and a Titanium version with some upgraded hardware. But essentially, it is still DX200.

So, the DX200 as a flagship , do last for 2 years and on going from the point of a manufacturer production.

From my personal point of view, there are no DAP out there that can do Dual ES9028Pro, and DSD512 the way that Ibasso DX200 do at this moment. So, it is still a strong contender for being the top DAP on the market.

It seem, you may want to buy a used DX200 ? Or a New one, and even if Ibasso release the successor, which is no where near, then you can be sure that it will also last for couple years or more.

Now, specifically onto the Dx150 which share the same Modular design as DX200, and only lacking of DSD512. I will also think that it will not be replaced by Ibasso for some years either. But as it is sitting, it is a little below DX200 in specifications. Sound performances ? I think people have already done enough comparison.

If I were you, I would jump on DX200, and then enjoy it for sometimes. The DX200 is so good that I now am with Dx200Ti and I love this thing more and more everyday
This is everything I want to know, cause I don't have the experience yet to judge all of this. So, thanks a lot.

Jan 11, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #2,033 of 3,129
My DX150 is pretty fast with the latest FW. No real lag at all. I also like the sound more than the previous 6.1.

Jan 11, 2019 at 8:27 PM Post #2,034 of 3,129
My DX150 is pretty fast with the latest FW. No real lag at all. I also like the sound more than the previous 6.1.
When you notice sound improvements compared to the last firmware update, you meant playing through the Mango player correct?

Jan 12, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #2,039 of 3,129
Thank you so much..how about in terms of cables..I was looking at $60 4.4 cables..will it differ from cables that are more expensive?

In term of cables, I am not sure of which specific cables you are looking for.

It is possible for a cheaper done right cables to out perform the more expensive one. But the problem here is not the cables, it is your system and yourself. Are you confident that your cables is performing to your best interests that you can not observe any negativities from it ? If you are sure, then when you have a chance, try another cables, and see if it can give any cents worth of differences.

What I am saying is that, enjoy the music, understand yourself and preferences, stay true to it. There are possible that cheaper things and older things can outperform newer things and expensive things, and that is in every hobby, specifically this hobby :D

Jan 12, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #2,040 of 3,129
Not to a noticeable level, unless u can normally tell 3% differences between cables and really pay attentions to it ? Ibasso have such adapter too, and I would recommend it
Thank you so much..how about in terms of cables..I was looking at $60 4.4 cables..will it differ from cables that are more expensive?

I would say no, but it depends on many factors (such as the quality of the connectors)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back