iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Dec 26, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #1,876 of 3,129
So I finally updated to OREO! Everything seemed to work excellent. I noticed that for bluetooth connection it showed 'DX200' as the device name.
Also the "standard sound" / "full sound" didn'tt make any difference as well as all the digital filters.
I did download the DX150 Android 8.1 beta from the official ibasso side and installed the DX150 image.

Now the BIG problem: I switched the device off and can not switch it on again! Nothing works!!!
I tried to charge it, no charging status, I pressed the power button 20sec to completely shut it down: nothing, I also tried to reboot it via pressing and holding the play button and then pressing the power button. The devices is dead!!!

Please help!!!

Thanks

first try opening the flash software, connect one end of your dx150 usb to computer, hold play button on dx150 and connect the usb to your dx150 and see if you have connection confirmation on your flashing software

Dec 26, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #1,877 of 3,129
first try opening the flash software, connect one end of your dx150 usb to computer, hold play button on dx150 and connect the usb to your dx150 and see if you have connection confirmation on your flashing software

Thanks for your fast help!

I found what causes the problem: it's the sd card. As soon as I keep it inserted I can't boot the device. When I take the card out it works all well!!!
After power up I can insert the card again and the music from the card is played and everything is fine. I formated the card as well and it doesn't help. It's the same card I used before.
But I did use it as a bootable card for installing OREO (Mac user). Thereafter I formated the card. I think the device still wants to boot from the card when it's inserted. Can this be switched off so that's it's not scanning the card when switching on?

Dec 26, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #1,878 of 3,129
Dec 26, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #1,880 of 3,129
Dec 26, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #1,881 of 3,129
If you have problem with it, I doubt you have formatted it using SD Memory Card Formatter. If you did, please try to format again, turning "Format size adjustment" option on.

Okay I will try again!

It also feels that the punch I had before in the drums and bass is,gone. The full sound option makes no difference, also the filters are worthless.

And I do always get WiFi interruprions.

That's why I hate updates. In most cases they do things worse.
Never change a winning system. And I had a winning system!

Dec 26, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #1,882 of 3,129
Everything up and running with Oreo, thank you @Lurker0. I have a question though, what is it special about Oreo? I feel like 6.1 is way better...

Update: Went back to 6.1, Lurker, you are the man! I used your card and worked like a charm.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2018 at 6:01 PM Post #1,883 of 3,129
Pardon my ignorance but is the dx150 rootable? Is there a twrp recovery for it? I am debating if I should go for the Ibasso (+$210) or keep the x5iii, I have 20 more days on my return window for it, love the sound but hate the slow, instable firmware experience...

Dec 26, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #1,884 of 3,129
Pardon my ignorance but is the dx150 rootable? Is there a twrp recovery for it? I am debating if I should go for the Ibasso (+$210) or keep the x5iii, I have 20 more days on my return window for it, love the sound but hate the slow, instable firmware experience...

I don't think rootable is the right way to put it, but there are some amazing firmware mods out there for DX150, in case you want to become more of a power user :)

Dec 26, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #1,885 of 3,129

I have the X5iii and got tired of it. FIIO stop supporting the player, the unstable software is just ridiculous. My understanding is that they are soon releasing a new firmware, but that does not mean the software is going to be fixed. Just for the record, I have the custom kernel and tried the Fidelizer firmware, nothing appears to make the player more stable. I would return it (IMO).

For Christmas, I got the DX150... you cannot believe how stable the software is (Custom firmware Lurker 6.1). The sound is different, that is for sure, but by no means inferior to the X5iii. (IMHO), I am impressed so far.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #1,886 of 3,129
I don't think rootable is the right way to put it, but there are some amazing firmware mods out there for DX150, in case you want to become more of a power user :)
I just wanted to know about root so I can freeze/remove some apps/services to make the DAP snappier or with better battery if needed. I am aware that there is a great custom firmware for it which is a reason why I am considering this player...
I may purchase it anyway and then compare the two players. Return the one I like less...

Dec 27, 2018 at 12:25 AM Post #1,889 of 3,129
Are there any people who can tell me how can I customize DX150's UI of mango player?
I can not understand if I can see only four albums or artist lists on this big screen
I want to change row's height, font size, and thumbnail size on Album and Artist UI
so, My goal is just to see 10~15 albums or artists lists on the 1-page screen

Dec 27, 2018 at 4:25 AM Post #1,890 of 3,129
Okay so I installed the official OREA release last night and a lot of the bugs are fixed. The device is way faster and handling is much better!

But there is still one big problem: as soon the device goes into stby and your listening to a third party app (e.g. tidal) via WiFi, the WiFi shuts off after one minute.
When you wake the device up WiFi will be there again. I found no hint in the settings to change that. In earlier Android versions there was a section like "WiFi stays on during stby mode" or something like that. This is not there anymore.

So how can I get WiFi to stay connected?

Thanks

There is also a problem with bluetooth volume control. As soon it is connected via bluetooth, you can increase the volume with the wheel but you can not decrease the volume. If you use the onscreen volume bar it works fine!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back