iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Dec 27, 2018 at 5:30 AM Post #1,891 of 3,129
I have the X5iii and got tired of it. FIIO stop supporting the player, the unstable software is just ridiculous. My understanding is that they are soon releasing a new firmware, but that does not mean the software is going to be fixed. Just for the record, I have the custom kernel and tried the Fidelizer firmware, nothing appears to make the player more stable. I would return it (IMO).

For Christmas, I got the DX150... you cannot believe how stable the software is (Custom firmware Lurker 6.1). The sound is different, that is for sure, but by no means inferior to the X5iii. (IMHO), I am impressed so far.
So sound is not better. Just smoother operation?

Dec 27, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #1,894 of 3,129
Dec 28, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #1,896 of 3,129
To those that have successfully updated from Lurker's Marshmallow to the official Oreo with Lurker's add-ons, kindly confirm these:

1. Besides using the bootable sdcard method to update the Oreo firmware, I can still use the classic method of flashing Oreo over Lurker's Marshmallow (v2.11.293) through the Rockchip Factory Tool on Windows am I right?

2. And once I get to Oreo, I should perform a factory reset before flashing Lurker's add-ons using the provided Android Tool program?

Thanks in advance.

Dec 29, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #1,898 of 3,129
@Paul iBasso

Download from Ibasso of firmware fails repeatedly at approx 115MB, using either DX150, my phone or PC. File is corrupt. On a broadband fibre-optic connection & no other issues with connections.

URL from the iBasso website is http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX150-8.1_1.01.017.zip

Are you aware of this?

Also happened with previous firmware downloads - site seems very flaky unfortunately. Seemed to get sorted out with the previous firmware downloads after a month or so.

Not a good experience for existing customers.
Doesn't work trying to do an OTA updated from the DX150 - fails at same size of a download.

Please don't direct me to a Facebook page for further instructions. That's not an option for many reasons.

Can the file be placed on a Google Drive or similar? Not Baidu - already tried to follow the links for that and it just seems to go around in circles.

PM or reply to this thread please.

Back to listening on my Hiby R6 for now.

Thanks
Michael

Dec 29, 2018 at 9:57 AM Post #1,899 of 3,129
@Paul iBasso

Download from Ibasso of firmware fails repeatedly at approx 115MB, using either DX150, my phone or PC. File is corrupt. On a broadband fibre-optic connection & no other issues with connections.

URL from the iBasso website is http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX150-8.1_1.01.017.zip

Are you aware of this?

Also happened with previous firmware downloads - site seems very flaky unfortunately. Seemed to get sorted out with the previous firmware downloads after a month or so.

Doesn't work trying to do an OTA updated from the DX150 - fails at same size of a download.

Please don't direct me to a Facebook page for further instructions. That's not an option for many reasons.

Can the file be placed on a Google Drive or similar? Not Baidu - already tried to follow the links for that and it just seems to go around in circles.

Thanks
Michael
I am sorry you are having issues. It is not on Baidu. I just asked someone in the US to download the FW and they had no issue. They did it 2 times.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 29, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #1,900 of 3,129
@Paul iBasso

Are you aware of this?

Thanks
Michael
I try to upload the file on mediafire hope it can help fix your problem

Dec 29, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #1,901 of 3,129
I downloaded and upgraded to Oreo a few hours ago. No problem with download but had a few problems with Windows and batch file/drivers. But that was mostly due to my lack of knowledge :). Installation of Oreo on the DX150 was not difficult when I figured out how to install batch file and drivers.

Need to spend more time with it, but I can see some new icons :). It's possible to download APK files direct now, APKPure is preinstalled. Just downloaded Tidal and Spotify and upgraded Chrome browser which was preinstalled. I have never used this on any Android device before. Can't see any point in Google play on this dap!

Paul, this works great :)

Dec 29, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #1,902 of 3,129
Thank you Paul appreciate your response.

I do realize from the forum/thread & lack of other reports that this is not a widespread problem. I have tried with different devices, over different connections (work/home/public & friends) as much as possible with no improvement.

Possibly there is some limiting / DNS issue occurring between iBasso & the region I'm in - Europe/Ireland. Hard to pin these issue down without more info & unfortunately I'm not sure what I can provide that would be helpful. Problems like this used to be common 10/20 years back on networks in general, however they occur less currently due to in-built redundancy, better links,etc.

I'm not trying to make this a major issue just to let iBasso know that there are issue with downloads/site speed in some regions.

I do enjoy the DX150, IT04 & other iBasso products I've used over the years.

This issue will not stop me from continuing to buy iBasso however it is frustrating and apologies if I've vented a little too loudly.

Looking forward to trying IT01s in the near future and Oreo on the DX150 when it is downloadable - typically a few weeks or a moth after it is on the site.

@NiVrA

If you do get a downloaded copy of the fw up on mediafire that would be great - as long as iBasso/Paul are ok with that?

Please check with them first...
Appreciate your good intentions.

Thanks
Michael

Dec 29, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #1,903 of 3,129
Thank you Paul appreciate your response.

I do realize from the forum/thread & lack of other reports that this is not a widespread problem. I have tried with different devices, over different connections (work/home/public & friends) as much as possible with no improvement.

Possibly there is some limiting / DNS issue occurring between iBasso & the region I'm in - Europe/Ireland. Hard to pin these issue down without more info & unfortunately I'm not sure what I can provide that would be helpful. Problems like this used to be common 10/20 years back on networks in general, however they occur less currently due to in-built redundancy, better links,etc.

I'm not trying to make this a major issue just to let iBasso know that there are issue with downloads/site speed in some regions.

I do enjoy the DX150, IT04 & other iBasso products I've used over the years.

This issue will not stop me from continuing to buy iBasso however it is frustrating and apologies if I've vented a little too loudly.

Looking forward to trying IT01s in the near future and Oreo on the DX150 when it is downloadable - typically a few weeks or a moth after it is on the site.

@NiVrA

If you do get a downloaded copy of the fw up on mediafire that would be great - as long as iBasso/Paul are ok with that?

Please check with them first...
Appreciate your good intentions.

Thanks
Michael

Maybe use a good ol' download manager. I lost connection at least one time during the download, but it continued again. It could be anything that causes the problem.

Dec 29, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #1,904 of 3,129
Thanks for the suggestion stenog, did try a few download managers in chrome and IE, with different timings/settings/recoverability/etc unfortunately no difference in outcome. Not the end of the world & appreciate your suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back