iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Nov 30, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #1,786 of 3,129
P81114-131302.jpg

İbasso dx150 ve it04.
I am satisfied with the lower frequencies and the middle frequencies.
But the attack of the high frequencies is too soft and the amount is too low for me.
I think I need a good amp card.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #1,787 of 3,129

İbasso dx150 ve it04.
I am satisfied with the lower frequencies and the middle frequencies.
But the attack of the high frequencies is too soft and the amount is too low for me.
I think I need a good amp card.

Are you using the default AMP6 at the moment?
Perhaps AMP3 would be a good solution if you're already happy with the lows and mids as you say?

Your chances of getting a cheap one second hand are quite high I guess too.
And it matches, connection-wise, with the CB12s cable you're using already :)

It would seem fair to say that the majority of people on here seem to think AMP8 is the best one; however, that would require using an adapter or getting a new cable. And I'm not sure, but I have a vague feeling that AMP3 could be more suited to the requirements you've outlined.
I recently switched over to AMP3 on my DX150 (from AMP7).
Haven't listened properly to it yet, but I think it's going to sound pretty great :D

Food for thought anyway, hope this helps :)

Dec 1, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #1,788 of 3,129
Perhaps AMP3 would be a good solution if you're already happy with the lows and mids as you say?

It would seem fair to say that the majority of people on here seem to think AMP8 is the best one; however, that would require using an adapter or getting a new cable. And I'm not sure, but I have a vague feeling that AMP3 could be more suited to the requirements you've outlined.
Haven't listened properly to it yet, but I think it's going to sound pretty great :D

I've recently purchased the DX150 with AMP7 (after reading that its the closest thing to AMP8 save for being unbalanced) however I haven't found time to even turn on the player!

Do update with your impressions between the stock AMP6 and both your AMP7 and AMP3.

Dec 1, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #1,789 of 3,129

Thank you so much.
Yes, I am using amp6 amp card.
I was thinking about getting amp5.
Most transparent amp card amp5. The comments I read suggest amp5 for transparency and high frequencies.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #1,790 of 3,129
Thank you so much.
Yes, I am using amp6 amp card.
I was thinking about getting amp5.
Most transparent amp card amp5. The comments I read suggest amp5 for transparency and high frequencies.

I have both AMP3 and AMP5.
I haven't listened to either in a few months at least, so please take my comments in that context!
What I think I recall is that the AMP5 offered a fuller, richer, more warm and organic sound signature, with an increase in note thickness.
It could be that this balances out with the IT04 sound, which is more towards reference+musicality than warm or V-shaped.

The AMP3 though was lighter, more transparent, more airy and spacious, combining good levels of detail with a lovely shimmering musicality that took it away from being too 'reference' and made it quite delightful to listen to.

I suppose I should ask what genres of music you chiefly listen to? This might influence my advice too :)

Dec 1, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #1,791 of 3,129
I have both AMP3 and AMP5.
I haven't listened to either in a few months at least, so please take my comments in that context!
What I think I recall is that the AMP5 offered a fuller, richer, more warm and organic sound signature, with an increase in note thickness.
It could be that this balances out with the IT04 sound, which is more towards reference+musicality than warm or V-shaped.

The AMP3 though was lighter, more transparent, more airy and spacious, combining good levels of detail with a lovely shimmering musicality that took it away from being too 'reference' and made it quite delightful to listen to.

I suppose I should ask what genres of music you chiefly listen to? This might influence my advice too :)

If amp5 is warmer than amp3 then amp3 may be a more accurate choice.
Considering your comment, I've come to the conclusion that amp3 is more suitable for me.
Generally I'm listening to trash metal, progressive metal and classical music. I love the hard and very high-pitched presentation.

Dec 2, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #1,792 of 3,129
My newly opened DX150 gets turned off or deep sleep randomly, I dunno. Help?

Dec 2, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #1,793 of 3,129
The best thing would be to send an email to: paul@ibasso.com
He is their representative on here and provides excellent customer service. Tell him about your problem; he may ask you a few questions or to try a couple of things.
If that doesn't work, they will definitely take care of you.
I know, because it happened to me in the past (different problem, but same great service) :)

Dec 2, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #1,794 of 3,129
i hate the default case - i never used it. i immediately purchased the Miter. the case works with both 200 and 150. my only gripe for this case - the bottom corners are not protected!

yes, Type E. i find them just right for my ears. next would be the Symbios.
Awesome! Thanks man, ill probably be importing the Miter case Thanks for ur advice

Dec 2, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #1,795 of 3,129
Please update to the latest FW and do a factory reset.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 2, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #1,796 of 3,129
Please update to the latest FW and do a factory reset.
Thank you, just did that this morning. Will test a couple days and report back.

Quick question, is the wifi antenna in the dap weaker than the norm? I know my home's wifi isn't in the best condition however moving the dap any more than two metres away from the router, the download speed drops considerably. And if I'm within range, I seem to require to point the top end of the dap towards the direction of my router to get the normal download speeds.

Dec 3, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #1,798 of 3,129

Dec 3, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #1,800 of 3,129
Thank you, just did that this morning. Will test a couple days and report back.

Quick question, is the wifi antenna in the dap weaker than the norm? I know my home's wifi isn't in the best condition however moving the dap any more than two metres away from the router, the download speed drops considerably. And if I'm within range, I seem to require to point the top end of the dap towards the direction of my router to get the normal download speeds.
It is possible the antenna has disconnected from the main board. The DX150 can be sent to us to check this or I have a video on opened the back of the DX150 as the antenna is at the same place as the battery and we have a video to change the battery if needed. Please email me at paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back