iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Nov 28, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #1,772 of 3,129
Check Alarms and Partial Wakelocks screens. If there no a reason found there, please PM me.

Over time I have seen instances of what you said, where it sometimes takes some time for the OS to register the new battery percent. It feels like this is what was leading it to look like it was draining battery at a very slow rate, then after turning on screen briefly just to check battery and turning off, it seemed to drain faster. It looks like this was because it actually drained a reasonable-ish steady rate the whole time, and just never registered the right % in the short time it woke up just so I could check on battery. I took a new approach, after days of use, I'd look at total time playing music and estimate about 10% per hour for that (based on 10hr battery life) and divide the rest by number of hours since charge, and it did work out to ~0.3%/hr. Basically when I stopped worrying about it and stopped trying to test it (and only turned it on for actual use) it basically behaves as expected. While I'd love if it didn't drain ~0.3%/hr while sleeping, it's something I can easily live with.

Overall, I was slightly frustrated by a number of things when I first got my DX150, but over time those have faded into the background - in part due to me getting over them, in part due to me figuring things out, and quite a bit due to Lurker0's great work to optimize things on his custom firmware.... Anyway, I'm now a very happy DX150 user. If I had to do it all over again, I would buy it again.

Nov 28, 2018 at 8:36 PM Post #1,773 of 3,129
Hugo 2 -> DX150 -> Noble Katana

8U2xyEK.png

Nov 29, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #1,774 of 3,129
Hey guys! Just a random question. I recently got a DX150 and im thinking how do you guys bring your DAP out? Do you keep it in a box with your IEM? Im intending to get something to keep it. Your opinions are well appreciated. Thanks

Nov 30, 2018 at 3:11 AM Post #1,775 of 3,129
personally, I just carry it in my pocket (coat or jeans) whilst using and have a separate carry pouch for the IEM's in my bag for when I'm not using them :)

Nov 30, 2018 at 3:30 AM Post #1,776 of 3,129
Nov 30, 2018 at 3:39 AM Post #1,777 of 3,129
Or maybe tupperware :)

Screenshot_20181130-153827.jpg

Nov 30, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #1,778 of 3,129
I also had this question, posted it here but there was no answer. I've seen people buying gun carrying case/plastic box with foam lining inside and use it for DAP and some IEMs. I think action camera case would work just the same, there are many options on ebay/aliexpress. I carry my dap inside Meze 99 classics case, it fits nicely.

Nov 30, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #1,779 of 3,129
Hey guys! Just a random question. I recently got a DX150 and im thinking how do you guys bring your DAP out? Do you keep it in a box with your IEM? Im intending to get something to keep it. Your opinions are well appreciated. Thanks

for me, if i don't have any bag, i put it in my pocket. if i do have a bag, i keep the 150 and IEMs in separate cases. you don't want the metal parts of the cable scratching the 150 right? (if you put both together in the same case) or your IEMs putting pressure on your LCD? - so it's best to keep/store them separately.

my old pelican 1020 can 'just' fit the 150! :wink:

20181130_212849_HDR.jpg

Nov 30, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #1,780 of 3,129
for me, if i don't have any bag, i put it in my pocket. if i do have a bag, i keep the 150 and IEMs in separate cases. you don't want the metal parts of the cable scratching the 150 right? (if you put both together in the same case) or your IEMs putting pressure on your LCD? - so it's best to keep/store them separately.

my old pelican 1020 can 'just' fit the 150! :wink:

I also had this question, posted it here but there was no answer. I've seen people buying gun carrying case/plastic box with foam lining inside and use it for DAP and some IEMs. I think action camera case would work just the same, there are many options on ebay/aliexpress. I carry my dap inside Meze 99 classics case, it fits nicely.
Or maybe tupperware :)

personally, I just carry it in my pocket (coat or jeans) whilst using and have a separate carry pouch for the IEM's in my bag for when I'm not using them :)

Thanks so much for all the replies everyone! Kinda new to using this forum and im glad that everyone here are friendly and welcoming!

Ill probably get the pelican 1020, any idea where to get it at a good price in Singapore? @karloil
I recently got a pair of EE EVR and dx150 from Zepp and Co, I saw that you are using the symbio eartips, any opinions on it?
And, your dx150 looks like it is protected not with the original leather case, did you get a rubber kind?

Nov 30, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #1,781 of 3,129
Thanks so much for all the replies everyone! Kinda new to using this forum and im glad that everyone here are friendly and welcoming!

Ill probably get the pelican 1020, any idea where to get it at a good price in Singapore? @karloil
I recently got a pair of EE EVR and dx150 from Zepp and Co, I saw that you are using the symbio eartips, any opinions on it?
And, your dx150 looks like it is protected not with the original leather case, did you get a rubber kind?

Hi again!

So, I don't use any case at all when it's in my pocket (it's a bit of a squeeze as it is), and it's protected by being in my bag at other times.
I use the Symbio tips (the wide bore ones, importantly).
Now ear tip performance is obviously going to depend heavily on one's personal anatomy and preferences, so no one can tell you definitively that a specific ear tip is going to the best choice (although I'm sure their manufacturers will try, haha!).

All I can say is that I personally dislike silicone tips. I like foam tips the best for fit (dependent on foam used). However, I find the Symbio *for me* to give the most optimised combination of sound quality and comfort. The wide bore helps a lot with this.
Tips are about the least expensive part of the audio chain, but can produce startling differences in sound signature and quality.
So I'd recommend you to try several different kinds and see which suits you best (and note that this may change from one earphone to another!) :)

Nov 30, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #1,782 of 3,129

a lot of sellers offering the 1020. if you want to try them out, check out Black Tactical at Adelphi. but are you still using the default case? then it won't fit on the 1020. you might need to get a bigger pelican case. the case is from Miter - a HUGE improvement from the default case. much thinner profile but a bit slippery at times.

the symbios where fine at 1st, but the foam proves to be a bit too stiff - i ended up removing the foam and just making them normal rubber tips. i changed to FA tips, they are more comfortable to my ears and use them in all of my IEMs.

Nov 30, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #1,783 of 3,129
a lot of sellers offering the 1020. if you want to try them out, check out Black Tactical at Adelphi. but are you still using the default case? then it won't fit on the 1020. you might need to get a bigger pelican case. the case is from Miter - a HUGE improvement from the default case. much thinner profile but a bit slippery at times.

the symbios where fine at 1st, but the foam proves to be a bit too stiff - i ended up removing the foam and just making them normal rubber tips. i changed to FA tips, they are more comfortable to my ears and use them in all of my IEMs.
Yeah Im still on the default case, the DAP looks so bulky with the case, probably ill got and find the Miter case. You are using the DX200 case one for the DX150?
I see, FA tips are the final audio tips? The stock for my IEMS are the type E but I find it quite painful to the ears and not isolating enough for commutation especially

Nov 30, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #1,784 of 3,129
Hi again!

So, I don't use any case at all when it's in my pocket (it's a bit of a squeeze as it is), and it's protected by being in my bag at other times.
I use the Symbio tips (the wide bore ones, importantly).
Now ear tip performance is obviously going to depend heavily on one's personal anatomy and preferences, so no one can tell you definitively that a specific ear tip is going to the best choice (although I'm sure their manufacturers will try, haha!).

All I can say is that I personally dislike silicone tips. I like foam tips the best for fit (dependent on foam used). However, I find the Symbio *for me* to give the most optimised combination of sound quality and comfort. The wide bore helps a lot with this.
Tips are about the least expensive part of the audio chain, but can produce startling differences in sound signature and quality.
So I'd recommend you to try several different kinds and see which suits you best (and note that this may change from one earphone to another!) :)

Nice! Thanks for the recommendation! Ill be heading down to my local audio stores to try the eartips out! Cant wait to hear and feel the difference

Nov 30, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #1,785 of 3,129
Yeah Im still on the default case, the DAP looks so bulky with the case, probably ill got and find the Miter case. You are using the DX200 case one for the DX150?
I see, FA tips are the final audio tips? The stock for my IEMS are the type E but I find it quite painful to the ears and not isolating enough for commutation especially

i hate the default case - i never used it. i immediately purchased the Miter. the case works with both 200 and 150. my only gripe for this case - the bottom corners are not protected!

yes, Type E. i find them just right for my ears. next would be the Symbios.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back