iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Sep 15, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #1,546 of 3,129
Is the new update working properly now or are people still having problems?

Sep 16, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #1,547 of 3,129
The best result can be achieved only if no a software wakes up the device from its deep sleep.

Update: I paid for and installed "BetterBatteryStats" (since I saw you used that to demonstrate in your post) and recharged to 100% while in Android, then let it sit for ~3.5 hours. I come back and BBS says it was in deep sleep for 3h36m (99.5% of the time) and yet the battery is drained to 95%. Just like on your screenshot I see a lot of time in "deep sleep" and "no or unknown signal" but less than 1% of time in any of the other measured states.

So is it really possible my battery sometimes draining >1% per hour even in deep sleep? Could this be from some misbehaving app running in background even though deep sleep is active?

Sep 16, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #1,548 of 3,129
Is the new update working properly now or are people still having problems?

*see my previous post #1509*
As an experiment, tonight I tried another installation of 2.11.293. (Fresh download of FW, successfully install package on DX150, Factory Reset, separate Rescans of Internal & SD Card, Reboot)
Still receive a "null" category in Artist view of 9 items, which are tracks from random CDs. (rescan results in a different list and number of tracks in this null group.) When you select one of these tracks, the song title will display, but artist name and album are listed as unknown. Also, there is no album art displayed. The problem with this is when playing an album the null track will not be included and play along with the other tracks. It is left out of play order of the album to which it belongs.
So, again I rolled back to 2.10.275 and both storage areas scan perfectly the very first time!

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2018 at 12:21 AM Post #1,549 of 3,129
I come back and BBS says it was in deep sleep for 3h36m (99.5% of the time) and yet the battery is drained to 95%
Check Alarms and Partial Wakelocks screens. If there no a reason found there, please PM me.

Sep 18, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #1,550 of 3,129
Please try the Batch Tool on the first page with the .img FW and then update to a later firmware. A PC is required when using the Batch Tool. There are instructions with the download.
Hi Paul,

I did as asked for - uploaded .img file from the front page to my dx150, turned it on, rebooted couple of times and them uploaded a latest software file. Sorry to say, but issue with missing animation when device is turning on is still there. Sometimes it appears, especially when device is rebooting. But it is almost always missing when I turn on the device after a longer time - in the morning for example. I can see screen lighting up (it is black, but in the dark backlight is visible), but logo does not appear.

And as Lurker0 explained - sound being tilted to the left situation has been resolved with the latest software update.

Sep 21, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #1,554 of 3,129
I see people mentioning some potential issues with the new firmware, just curious if these people are using Lurkers version of the FW or using the latest stock FW from iBasso? Haven't updated my device in a bit and want to make sure I'm putting the best one on the device in terms of functionality and performance and battery performance. I am currently on 2.10.275-L0.

Sep 21, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #1,555 of 3,129
I see people mentioning some potential issues with the new firmware, just curious if these people are using Lurkers version of the FW or using the latest stock FW from iBasso? Haven't updated my device in a bit and want to make sure I'm putting the best one on the device in terms of functionality and performance and battery performance. I am currently on 2.10.275-L0.

Unfortunately, I ran into the same issue with Lurker0's FW2.11.293 as the stock FW in regards to the "null" music track category. (see my posts # 1509, 1554)
I'm back to stock v2.10.275 and not holding my breath that iBasso is fixing the bugs in this release. (It's been out for 20 days and I have been in touch with Paul attempting to find a work around-to no avail.) IMO, this FW is a step back in several areas (null issue, slower library scan speed , no % tracker during scan, having to scan both storage locations separately-to name a few)
2.10.275L0 worked fine, as did stock-so I'd recommend to stick with it. Again, this is based on my experience with stock 2.11.293.

Sep 21, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #1,556 of 3,129
Unfortunately, I ran into the same issue with Lurker0's FW2.11.293 as the stock FW in regards to the "null" music track category. (see my posts # 1509, 1554)
I'm back to stock v2.10.275 and not holding my breath that iBasso is fixing the bugs in this release. (It's been out for 20 days and I have been in touch with Paul attempting to find a work around-to no avail.) IMO, this FW is a step back in several areas (null issue, slower library scan speed , no % tracker during scan, having to scan both storage locations separately-to name a few)
2.10.275L0 worked fine, as did stock-so I'd recommend to stick with it. Again, this is based on my experience with stock 2.11.293.
Thanks, I read some people were on "275L2" and I wasn't sure if this was an updated/improved version further than 275L0.

Sep 21, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #1,558 of 3,129
I am on the most recent firmware and did experience the null folder issue, all I did was rescan my SD card and it was fixed.

Paul told me to do a rescan. It didn't clear the null category for me - and I tried multiple times on different occasions.

Sep 21, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #1,560 of 3,129
Are you sure you're on the altest firmware? That shuld help fix the situation :)

Yes, it's the latest - v2.11.293*Sept. 1* If you scroll back and read my post(s) # 1509 & 1544 you'll see the history of my issue(s). I've been in touch - and heard back from - both Paul at iBasso and Lurker0. Following their advice and nothing clears the 'null' list on my DX150.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back