iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Sep 3, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #1,517 of 3,129
Should I upgrade to firmware 293 or not? What's the problem with this firmware? Or are there no problems?
Hi, doctor 66. Please check my post #1509 documenting my experience with FW293. Also, a few posts later mattloh99 has posted his issues with it. Charlie

Sep 6, 2018 at 4:45 AM Post #1,519 of 3,129
Quite handsome looking combination with the Campfire Vega, I must say :)

1.jpg

Sep 7, 2018 at 1:28 AM Post #1,520 of 3,129
2.11.293-L0 is available now. Even if you already have negative experience with the official build, I'd suggest you to give it a try.

Sep 7, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #1,521 of 3,129
2.11.293-L0 is available now. Even if you already have negative experience with the official build, I'd suggest you to give it a try.

Now, waiting for you to update DX150 and DX200 with a new DX120 Mango interface :wink: Just posted some pictures here in DX120 thread :D

Sep 7, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #1,522 of 3,129
waiting for you to update DX150 and DX200 with a new DX120 Mango interface
No, I will not do it: it requires to draw a lot of graphics for higher resolution screen. But, I believe, iBasso may update DX200 with the new Mango...

Sep 8, 2018 at 7:29 AM Post #1,523 of 3,129
I've got the DX150 as of yesterday. Stock firmware is version 2.10.275 and due to the reported issues with the lastest version I will keep .275 for now. Out of the box the DX150 sounded okay, with good timing but overall somewhat muddy and uninvolving. After a couple of hours of burn-in with the iBasso dummy-load cable I could definitely hear an improvement. Now the sound has become quite natural, to my ears at least. Seems to be a seriously good DAP. To quote my wife: "It's mighty fine!"

I plan on releasing a more detailed review later on, but for now I'm just enjoying this DAP and will see how it does in the long term. I'm going to receive the new RHA CL2 planar in-ears this month and they are certainly going to be a more adequate match for the DX150 as opposed to what I have at my disposal now.

Sep 9, 2018 at 7:56 PM Post #1,524 of 3,129
Thanks for your work on this update, Lurker0. Installed very easily & smoothly. Unfortunately, my music scan(s) continued to result in a "null" category in the Mango Player. Multiple scans, resets, reboots could not clear out this null list. (Same problem I had with the official FW). Varying number of files in the list with each scan. Also, I don't understand why the Mango scan is now so painfully slow-and there's no % tracker to follow progress to boot. I've rolled back to version official 275 - although I should have tried your previous version. FW293 seems a step back to me.

Sep 10, 2018 at 1:54 AM Post #1,525 of 3,129
Unfortunately, my music scan(s) continued to result in a "null" category in the Mango Player
Thank you for trying and sorry to hear that the problems I've have fixed were not enough for you :frowning2:

Sep 10, 2018 at 3:40 AM Post #1,526 of 3,129
Has anyone faced an issue with welcoming screen not appearing when device is turning on? I have this almost every time I start dx150 after longer time (a day or so). When I press power on button nothing happens, screen remains blank and pushing any button doesn't change that. However after about a minute or so device becomes responsive with android desktop on. I did factory reset regular way and the power button+play+usb cable connected way, did not help. Also issue with tilted sound to the left with super slow roll-off did not disappear after factory reset. Maybe I have a faulty device, what do yo think?

Sep 10, 2018 at 4:20 AM Post #1,527 of 3,129
Also issue with tilted sound to the left with super slow roll-off did not disappear after factory reset
If you use my firmware build (2.11.293-L0), please PM me.

Sep 10, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #1,528 of 3,129
Has anyone faced an issue with welcoming screen not appearing when device is turning on? I have this almost every time I start dx150 after longer time (a day or so). When I press power on button nothing happens, screen remains blank and pushing any button doesn't change that. However after about a minute or so device becomes responsive with android desktop on. I did factory reset regular way and the power button+play+usb cable connected way, did not help. Also issue with tilted sound to the left with super slow roll-off did not disappear after factory reset. Maybe I have a faulty device, what do yo think?
Please try the Batch Tool on the first page with the .img FW and then update to a later firmware. A PC is required when using the Batch Tool. There are instructions with the download.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Sep 10, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #1,529 of 3,129
Also issue with tilted sound to the left with super slow roll-off did not disappear after factory reset.
To the readers: this happened with firmware 2.10.275 (both official and L2), which is known issue, and yet to be checked with 2.11.293-L0.

Sep 10, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #1,530 of 3,129
Hello all looking for some advice

I ordered the Hiby R6 but there are stock issues and it's going to be a couple of weeks

In the meantime I've researched more and the iBasso DX150 is interesting

I'm using V-Moda LP2s and I like a bass-led, V shaped sound. Not a huge reference stickler but like detail but with bass too. Will mostly use Spotify extreme but will build a FLAC collection with my CDs too.

Some concerns around slow UI and not accessing Play store very easily, or possibly the iBasso being not very good Spotify? Also the R6 is top of Hiby's range but DX150 is the lower sibling of DX200.

Will the iBasso or Hiby R6 be better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back