iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Aug 27, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #1,486 of 3,129
Hi
I installed the DX150 mod and worked fine, but I am passing the player on and person wants stock FW.

I just thought I could go to the system update and flash the stock FW on my SD card (local) but it just keeps saying verifying failed.

Then I thought it might be a case of flashing it with the toolkit but the stock file is a zip file, not img.

Whats the best way to put stock back on?

thanks
Hello.
Go to Post #1 in the forum. Download batch tool from link along with the img link. Use the tool to flash this FW image. It is not the latest version, it is 2.9.250. That update FW is the zip version 2.10.275, which installs in the way you mention, via SD card.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #1,488 of 3,129
Hello.
Go to Post #1 in the forum. Download batch tool from link along with the img link. Use the tool to flash this FW image. It is not the latest version, it is 2.9.250. That update FW is the zip version 2.10.275, which installs in the way you mention, via SD card.

Stock went back on fine, still get issue bringing it back to latest FW though, doing it local it says verifying failed.

scrap that, on 5th try it worked...grrr

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #1,489 of 3,129
My review on iBasso DX150 is live now!

I invite you to read more about it, if you're curious about a DAP that has a midrange price, but has a high-end kind of performance, and a lot of cool stuff going on for it!!

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.com/2018/08/ibasso-dx150-technical-prowess.html

iBasso-DX150-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-25.jpg

iBasso-DX150-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-24.jpg

iBasso-DX150-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-27.jpg

Aug 27, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #1,490 of 3,129
WaitW ait confused, 2.5mm balanced and 4.4 balanced are both balanced connections there should be no difference except for the 4.4mm being bigger and more robust. Audio wise there should be no difference. Unless t your saying he adapter somehow makes it sound inferior.

I never tried my self tho, but those friend who have tried are somehow have same taste on hearing.
Hi
I installed the DX150 mod and worked fine, but I am passing the player on and person wants stock FW.

I just thought I could go to the system update and flash the stock FW on my SD card (local) but it just keeps saying verifying failed.

Then I thought it might be a case of flashing it with the toolkit but the stock file is a zip file, not img.

Whats the best way to put stock back on?

thanks

Please check page 1, did twice flashing using computer to the latest Ibasso stock and no issue.

Aug 28, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #1,492 of 3,129
Aug 30, 2018 at 6:53 AM Post #1,498 of 3,129
DX 150 with AMP8 is a whole new experience. Doubt that I will looking back to AMP6 if not for the LO

Out of the box is simply blacker background, bigger driving ability, bigger soundstage, better separation, each instrument is more pronounced, mids are more thicker everything elses sounds fuller ~ which is meet my expectation. Cant wait how it is after 100 hours.

P_20180830_183821_1_BOK.jpg
that's a generic converter btw.

I am happy, thanks @Paul - iBasso

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back