iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Jul 8, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #1,277 of 3,129
I've only had my DX150 for a few weeks and have recently had a couple of odd experiences.

1. Last week I pushed the power button to turn on my screen and nothing happened. I'm certain my device was on I had not tired it off and had used it a little while before. Had to press and hold the power button to for a reboot.

2. I used the optical out with my iDSD Micro black lake. After disconnecting the DX150 from the iDSD the DX150 audio jack have garbled audio. Had to reboot to correct.

3. Yesterday, went to turn on the screen by pressing the power button and got this screen:

Again a reboot fixed it, but I'm not feeling very confident in my new DAP.
I would try a factory reset and then if that doesn't help I would use the Batch tool on the first page with the .img firmware and then update to the latest. If that doesn't do it I would contact ibasso.

Jul 8, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #1,278 of 3,129
I would try a factory reset and then if that doesn't help I would use the Batch tool on the first page with the .img firmware and then update to the latest. If that doesn't do it I would contact ibasso.

I had a very similar experience with that garbled display on my unit-at about the same age! I was told by Paul to try the batch tool/FW image reinstall.
I'm not at all tech-savvy & was very hesitant about my ability to do this update successfully, so I opted to exchange mine for another 150 after reboots & regular factory reset did not help solve the issue...

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #1,279 of 3,129
Well while waiting for the Amp 8 to come this week, this showed up today. So... now to just wait on the new amp. :L3000:
_DSC1358.jpg

Jul 9, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #1,281 of 3,129
That looks exactly like the adapter I purchased from Amazon. It's a really nice adapter sonically and build wise for a very fair price.

Looks pretty similar to this one, which I'm considering. Also fair price I think. I have the BL44 but it doesn't hurt to have another.

Jul 9, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #1,282 of 3,129
Jul 10, 2018 at 1:06 AM Post #1,283 of 3,129
Love my unit, lately found that there is channel imbalance out LO,HO and BAL on AMP6. I thought it is bug in newest FW but when I tried to flash using BT to old FW and do factory reset the imbalance issue persist.
Here is the detail, vocal/mid in most record (most flac 16 + 24 bit) that should be positioned in the middle of the head, now it is moved to either to hard left (middle front or back my left eye) I assume it is right channel imbalance.

I have contacted @Paul - iBasso via email

Jul 10, 2018 at 6:33 AM Post #1,286 of 3,129
Helo @thomaskr are you refering to problem I mentioned in my post #1283 ?
if yes, Id love to hear more about your experience..

before i had that problem, i have a intermediate static or crackling sound on my earphones randomly listening to different songs, thought my earphones had defective drivers until i tried other earphones and all had the same occasional stactic or cracking sound every once in a while when songs were played, it happened randomly on all tracks , 320/flac , dsd.. so was pretty sure it was the dap/amp or maybe firmware issue, then suddenly it had music leaning more to the left side, its especially obvious when u hear vocals, its not centered nor slightly leaning to the left but more like left side is louder than the right, the problem seem to go away however once i installed lurker firmware. hopefully the problem doesn't creep up again

Jul 10, 2018 at 7:28 AM Post #1,287 of 3,129
before i had that problem, i have a intermediate static or crackling sound on my earphones randomly listening to different songs, thought my earphones had defective drivers until i tried other earphones and all had the same occasional stactic or cracking sound every once in a while when songs were played, it happened randomly on all tracks , 320/flac , dsd.. so was pretty sure it was the dap/amp or maybe firmware issue, then suddenly it had music leaning more to the left side, its especially obvious when u hear vocals, its not centered nor slightly leaning to the left but more like left side is louder than the right, the problem seem to go away however once i installed lurker firmware. hopefully the problem doesn't creep up again

that is exactly what I am experiencing. Thanks again

Jul 10, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #1,288 of 3,129
I've been testing Lurker's new beta firmware. I have to say that it has fixed my bass boomyness with AMP8. The added external mango mode is awesome too. I just wish external mango included Tidal. After my tests I'm inclined to think the bass boomyness issue is a firmware problem.

Jul 10, 2018 at 8:47 PM Post #1,289 of 3,129
I've been testing Lurker's new beta firmware. I have to say that it has fixed my bass boomyness with AMP8. The added external mango mode is awesome too. I just wish external mango included Tidal. After my tests I'm inclined to think the bass boomyness issue is a firmware problem.

interested to hear about AMP8 vs AMP6 both on the balance PO please

Jul 11, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #1,290 of 3,129
Using FOLDER PLAY setting?

I'm having trouble correctly setting up "Folder Play" and getting it to work.
Here's what I've done:
-Opened DIRECTORY & navigated to a folder on my SD card (ie, The Beatles)
-Selected the first album folder in the list & started playback
-Swiped to SETTINGS/PLAY MODE
-Selected FOLDER PLAY (ORDER & LOOP also are automatically SELECTED w/checkmark)
-Continue playing music, using DAP as usual
-But it does not continue play to the next folder(album) / stops after first album
-Swiping into PLAY MODE shows FOLDER PLAY deselected
I must not understand how to set this up correctly. What am I missing?
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back