iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Jun 24, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #1,186 of 3,129
(Thumbnail pics).

DX150, DHC- Clone Fusion cable, AAW W300U.

I am enjoying the DX150 and trying it out with different amps and earphones lately

I believe the DX150 and the Andro are a match made in heaven. The air, detail and treble of the Andro with the punch, detail but slight warmth of the DX150 is pretty much perfection to my ears :)

Jun 24, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #1,187 of 3,129
DX150 and Alpha&Delta D3 :)

Alpha-Delta-D3-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-AD-Photo-17.jpg

Jun 25, 2018 at 5:04 AM Post #1,188 of 3,129
Hi George,
Is DX150 an upgrade or side grade over X7 II given both are modular AMP design (sound quality alone)?
Also need your help with an app, can you install PlayerPro on X7 II and DX150 and confirm if the equalizers work?
Cause they don't work on my X5 3.

Jun 25, 2018 at 7:02 AM Post #1,189 of 3,129
Hi George,
Is DX150 an upgrade or side grade over X7 II given both are modular AMP design (sound quality alone)?
Also need your help with an app, can you install PlayerPro on X7 II and DX150 and confirm if the equalizers work?
Cause they don't work on my X5 3.

Hey there :)

I think that the sound is different but either is a different option to each other, especially since X7mkii has double microSD card slots but also costs more.

The sonic performance is a hair better on DX150 if you're running it with AMP5 vs X7mkii with its AMP5, but DX150 has one microSD slot, thing which you need to take into account.

The build quality is great on both, but with DX150 the body and the AMP module combines a little smoother.

The software is pretty different, there's less complaining about DX150 from the overall public, although I never ran into any issues with either. DX150 has Lurker's mod, which is really nice.

I need to make a very in-depth comparison during my DX150 review to help with this question.

To be honest, for my typical usage, which is listening to music from my collection, both are great devices. The rule of thumb is: FiiO is more neutral out of the box for sure, DX150 is really smooth and warm with its default AMP6, so if you prefer a warm and smooth sound out-of-the-box, then DX150 is warmer and smoother, where X7mkii with its AM03A out of the box is fairly neutral. On the other hand, since both are modular, you can always change the sonic signature with subsequent AMP upgrades.

The display on DX150 is a bit larger and has more natural colors, and higher maximum brightness, but this is from using it daily and noticing a difference, not from using a color checker thingy.

The GUI and device design are very subjective things, so I can't comment on those.

Jun 25, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #1,190 of 3,129
Hey there :)

I think that the sound is different but either is a different option to each other, especially since X7mkii has double microSD card slots but also costs more.

The sonic performance is a hair better on DX150 if you're running it with AMP5 vs X7mkii with its AMP5, but DX150 has one microSD slot, thing which you need to take into account.

The build quality is great on both, but with DX150 the body and the AMP module combines a little smoother.

The software is pretty different, there's less complaining about DX150 from the overall public, although I never ran into any issues with either. DX150 has Lurker's mod, which is really nice.

I need to make a very in-depth comparison during my DX150 review to help with this question.

To be honest, for my typical usage, which is listening to music from my collection, both are great devices. The rule of thumb is: FiiO is more neutral out of the box for sure, DX150 is really smooth and warm with its default AMP6, so if you prefer a warm and smooth sound out-of-the-box, then DX150 is warmer and smoother, where X7mkii with its AM03A out of the box is fairly neutral. On the other hand, since both are modular, you can always change the sonic signature with subsequent AMP upgrades.

The display on DX150 is a bit larger and has more natural colors, and higher maximum brightness, but this is from using it daily and noticing a difference, not from using a color checker thingy.

The GUI and device design are very subjective things, so I can't comment on those.
Will you be doing the in depth comparison of the X7ii and the DX150 with their stock amp modules or using AM5 and AMP5 respectively on each player?

Personally I think the X7ii has an edge over the DX150 when both are using stock modules.

Jun 25, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #1,191 of 3,129
Hi folks, just want to know that any of you all had any eq set but when going to eq menu the eq turn off? I have encounter this issue on mine with the latest firmware.
Thanks for any reply.

The eq will need to on every time switch on the player too.

Regards
Matt

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #1,193 of 3,129
I might just be daft, but if someone could ELI5 how to flash the newer firmwares (either iBasso or Lurker) that would be greatly appreciated.
about ibasso firmware, you put the file unzipped in the memory card and after you proceed to upgrade firmware from android. about lurker firmware, you nedd the ibasso tools(you fond this in the lurker page)

Jun 25, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #1,197 of 3,129
Will you be doing the in depth comparison of the X7ii and the DX150 with their stock amp modules or using AM5 and AMP5 respectively on each player?

Personally I think the X7ii has an edge over the DX150 when both are using stock modules.

I will do the official comparison with each using their stock AMP modules.

I agree, if both are running their default amps, X7mkii is considerably less colored and less warm, and less smooth, making DX150 seem rather specific in its tuning, but it is kinda similar to X5-3 in tuning, with a similar smooth and warm sound, and a lot of people also liked X5-3, so I can't say which is better, just that X7mkii is more neutral, and DX150 is smoother and warmer when running AMP6.

But I can also say that it is the AMP6 that sounds like that, because with AMP5, it sounds really darn close to DX200, so the AMP module does the coloring of the sound there, the overall device can sound pretty different if you power it from AMP5 or AMP4S or other modules.

Jun 25, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #1,198 of 3,129
Dear All, question on Play Store, So I upgraded my official FW to 275 and do factory reset ~ install Play Store APK and do log in using my google account.

Upon download spotify it shows dowloading but no progress done. Any information about it?

It was OK on FW 250..

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2018 at 9:48 PM Post #1,199 of 3,129
Dear All, question on Play Store, So I upgraded my official FW to 275 ~ install Play Store APK and do log in using my google account.

Upon download spotify it shows dowloading but no progress done. Any information about it?

I could be wrong, but don't think you can side load Play Store apk since it needs some other services, etc. If you don't want the headaches of downloading and sideloading apks, just install Lurker's FW and you get full access to Play store which comes pre-loaded already with it.

Jun 25, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #1,200 of 3,129
I could be wrong, but don't think you can side load Play Store apk since it needs some other services, etc. If you don't want the headaches of downloading and sideloading apks, just install Lurker's FW and you get full access to Play store which comes pre-loaded already with it.

Noted Alex, TBH it was ok before I upgrade it to FW 275, I managed to install and use both Spotify & UAPP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back