iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Apr 17, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #526 of 3,129
Can't verify, maybe due to file corruption when you downloaded it? Try to save it again. And since you followed readme instructions, I assume you unzipped downloaded file where you have readme and the actual fw zip file, that file needs to be copied to DAP. Furthermore, you don't need to put the file in a root directory of uSD, copy it to a root directory of internal memory - it will work as well (just in case something is wrong with your uSD card).
I am going to try it again. Using Win 10 at work Might just wait until I get home. Thanks for confirmation on unzip, the read me file says to just copy and it will unzip itself. I didn't think that was right. I did just how you said. Thanks again, I'll update later.
Update: 3rd time is the charm. Update complete.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018 at 1:13 AM Post #528 of 3,129
Is it normal that it is kind of hard to get a TOSlink mini into the top SPDIF port? I have a couple of toslink mini cables I've used on my macbook pro (that has a dual headphone/optical port) and it works great. I tried it on my DX150 and it works fine there too... once I can actually get it to go in. It gets stuck about 2/3 of the way in, until I keep trying and get lucky and hit some perfect angle.

The included 3.5mm to digital coax cable fits just fine.

Apr 19, 2018 at 1:16 AM Post #529 of 3,129
I'm n00b in Android. Should I be setting the SD card to be used as internal storage?

If I do this:

1) will the players internal storage be used too, or will it be completely replaced by the SD card storage (and thus wasted)
2) it says it will erase any existing content and format it specially. does this mean I won't be able to copy music to it from Windows/Mac using a SD card reader?

Apr 19, 2018 at 1:51 AM Post #530 of 3,129
Apr 19, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #532 of 3,129
Is it normal that it is kind of hard to get a TOSlink mini into the top SPDIF port? I have a couple of toslink mini cables I've used on my macbook pro (that has a dual headphone/optical port) and it works great. I tried it on my DX150 and it works fine there too... once I can actually get it to go in. It gets stuck about 2/3 of the way in, until I keep trying and get lucky and hit some perfect angle.

It's the same with the DX150, both of the ports are overly tight. I was using optical out on My DX200 because USB output doesn't work. The cable got stuck and after I pulled it out it wouln't turn on. I finally unstuck the connector and it works fine, but it is tight.

Apr 19, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #533 of 3,129

There is a spring loaded contact that you are hitting. Some plugs have a more gentle angle and go past this point easier as the contact is pushed on and some have a steeper angle and it takes more pressure to get past this point.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 19, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #534 of 3,129
Anyone having issue playing with bluetooth headphone?

It seem like only mp3 file are able to play via bluetooth(m4a/flac do not have sound).
The DX150 puts out bit perfect to 16/44.1. Anything higher than that will not play but you can install a 3rd party app to use higher resolution but it will be down sampled to 16/44.1. Apps can be side loaded with APK. I have listened to downsampled and noticed that higher resolution done this way sounded good.

Apr 19, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #536 of 3,129
Wait until lurker fw comes out.

Apr 19, 2018 at 11:39 PM Post #538 of 3,129
There is a spring loaded contact that you are hitting. Some plugs have a more gentle angle and go past this point easier as the contact is pushed on and some have a steeper angle and it takes more pressure to get past this point.

Any chance you can recommend a TOSLINK optical mini cable to optical cable that is more compatible? I'm looking closely at images on amazon and the mini TOSLINK connector has a steep angle on all the connectors when I look at closeups of the product images.

Apr 20, 2018 at 12:05 AM Post #539 of 3,129
Any chance you can recommend a TOSLINK optical mini cable to optical cable that is more compatible? I'm looking closely at images on amazon and the mini TOSLINK connector has a steep angle on all the connectors when I look at closeups of the product images.

Or a digital coax to 3.5mm cable that is compatible, and longer than the ~6" one that came with the DX150

Apr 20, 2018 at 12:45 AM Post #540 of 3,129
For optical mini or coax, anything that meets the standard should work. There are many on the market. For the optical I have tried a number of different cables here and they all work. They require a little firmer push than on the DX200 but the fit is good. I don't have any recommendation for brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back