iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Oct 18, 2018 at 1:29 AM Post #1,696 of 3,129
WOW, so many problems

Good day to all of you.
A question for all of you.
I'm looking at my first Dap, option #1 ibasso dx150, # 2 the AK sr15 and least but not least,the Cayin N5iiS.
I've picked those for sound quality, the ability to used tidal and deezer and other music apps, must important is the ability to drive 300ohm or bigger cans.
With all of those things stated about, what would to pick and why?

That's for helping a newbie.
It seems like the DX150 would be your only choice. You'll need to swap out the stock amp module with a more powerful module like the Amp 8.

The N5iiS and SR 15 are not powerful enough for your needs.

Oct 18, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #1,697 of 3,129
Just bought this...SO EXCITED (coming from X5-iii).

P.S: GOD DAMN DHL is so stupid. Shipping to Canada (from China ofc) and rather than do direct, or go through SEZ's they literally go through 2-3 countries on the way and CLEAR the package in EVERY COUNTRY INDIVIDUALLY. (Note: an SEZ loading dock/warehouse would prevent this).

Oct 19, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #1,699 of 3,129
It seems like the DX150 would be your only choice. You'll need to swap out the stock amp module with a more powerful module like the Amp 8.

The N5iiS and SR 15 are not powerful enough for your needs.

I've decided to get the Astell&Kern sr15.
Why one would ask. Better UI and it will have tidal offline next month. 2 its smaller
3 I want it!

Oct 19, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #1,701 of 3,129
Why one would ask. Better UI and it will have tidal offline next month. 2 its smaller
3 I want it!

Can you point me to where I can find this information? Many players have advertised that they support Tidal Offline or will support Tidal Offline in the near future only to walk back on those claims after the initial sales push... (re: Hiby)

I had read somewhere that it is not a technical issue but a licensing issue. Otherwise, I too am a big fan of AK products.

Oct 19, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #1,702 of 3,129
3 I want it!
Enjoy :)

Oct 20, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #1,703 of 3,129
Has anyone used the MrSpeakers AEON Flow headphones with the DX150 and stock AMP6 module? If so how was it?
So far, I'm LOVING it. Still very new to this, plus i'm not very good with describing stuff but: I'm coming from the likes of X5-iii (last one I had). Seems to be fuller bass/sub bass (I was listening to the new DaftPunk collab - Overnight by Parcels). From what I hear, the PRaT and layering are just amazing. And the voices OMG...i can't remember what song it was i was listening to (iirc it was traffic) where i felt like he was RIGHT THERE near my ears clear as crystal. While it wasn't "OMG i'm discovering new sounds i've never heard before" yet, it certainly is revealing, and revealing enough to distance me from some of my poorer recordings even more than I"ve done so far. Balance between the lowmids and the high mids to treble are a bit different: low mids like male vocals are slightly more forward than I've heard before, but the layering I'm hearing is certainly better than X5-iii or even dare I say M2/M2 combo (from memory) which sort of makes up for it. (P.S i'm a little sensitive to low freq. sounds, so this isn't always a good thing esp. in songs/recordings that are badly done with balancing and layering the bass with mids and highs properly). That being said, treble is a lot clearer than I recall hearing from other sources - like guitar strings and the like (is that treble or high mids?). I'm hearing guitar plucks that I'd usually not pay attention to before.

Sorry I can't be of more help, lol, as I said, I'm still a bit of a newb at this.

P.S: the songs I listen to are mostly early progressive rock and a few other genres from that era like Blues Rock, Psychadelic, Proto-prog (so Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Traffic, Dire Straits). WIth a couple of exceptions like Daft Punk.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #1,704 of 3,129
Question regarding Lurker's mod...when I flashed it last night I noticed this:
dx150_fail.JPG

Android works like normal, I even reflashed it once more to be sure. However, I'm simply unable to get to Mango mode. I can't see any way to not have this failure. The screen turns off and goes into "Charging..." mode from there should I go BACK into recovery mode? Whenever I try that it just ends up booting the device like normal.

Oct 20, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #1,705 of 3,129
So far, I'm LOVING it. Still very new to this, plus i'm not very good with describing stuff but: I'm coming from the likes of X5-iii (last one I had). Seems to be fuller bass/sub bass (I was listening to the new DaftPunk collab - Overnight by Parcels). From what I hear, the PRaT and layering are just amazing. And the voices OMG...i can't remember what song it was i was listening to (iirc it was traffic) where i felt like he was RIGHT THERE near my ears clear as crystal. While it wasn't "OMG i'm discovering new sounds i've never heard before" yet, it certainly is revealing, and revealing enough to distance me from some of my poorer recordings even more than I"ve done so far. Balance between the lowmids and the high mids to treble are a bit different: low mids like male vocals are slightly more forward than I've heard before, but the layering I'm hearing is certainly better than X5-iii or even dare I say M2/M2 combo (from memory) which sort of makes up for it. (P.S i'm a little sensitive to low freq. sounds, so this isn't always a good thing esp. in songs/recordings that are badly done with balancing and layering the bass with mids and highs properly). That being said, treble is a lot clearer than I recall hearing from other sources - like guitar strings and the like (is that treble or high mids?). I'm hearing guitar plucks that I'd usually not pay attention to before.

Sorry I can't be of more help, lol, as I said, I'm still a bit of a newb at this.

P.S: the songs I listen to are mostly early progressive rock and a few other genres from that era like Blues Rock, Psychadelic, Proto-prog (so Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Traffic, Dire Straits). WIth a couple of exceptions like Daft Punk.
Awesome, you have the Open or Closed? Using 3.5mm or 2.5mm balanced?

Oct 21, 2018 at 3:18 AM Post #1,707 of 3,129
Has anyone used the MrSpeakers AEON Flow headphones with the DX150 and stock AMP6 module? If so how was it?

I use Aeon Open with the DX150, amp6 in SE. They drive them very well, punchy low end with an overall very coherent smooth signature.

I have not tried it with Hugo 2 or similar (too)expensive dacs/daps. But I do prefer it over the DX200 and the Mojo.

Oct 22, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #1,708 of 3,129
Guys, is there a method to install Spotify without the need of installing modded firmware?

Also, is the stock amp good enough for portable headphones such as the ATH-M50xs?

Oct 22, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #1,709 of 3,129
Guys, is there a method to install Spotify without the need of installing modded firmware?

Also, is the stock amp good enough for portable headphones such as the ATH-M50xs?
from what I can tell it's good enough for more powerful stuff, so I'd say HELL YEA!.
W.r.t Spotify (and other apps) without modded firmware: try Apk Mirror. If you don't know how to install APK's, here's a brief how to. Note: you basically download and open them, they kinda work like exe's.

Oct 22, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #1,710 of 3,129
Another question if I may....Since this doesn't support the Google Play Store, does one have to log into their Google account upon the reception of this player?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back