iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
May 30, 2018 at 4:55 AM Post #961 of 3,129
11 hours later 70% (from 79%)

2C59926B-1A5E-4E9F-A15F-490837652011.jpeg

So approx 43 hours in stand by/sleep mode the DX150 went from 100% to 70%.

Not as hardy in the sleep department as Opus daps, but certainly results I can live with.

No doubt it will get tightened up with future firmware updates.

(Thats enough experimenting from me on this particular point for now)

May 30, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #962 of 3,129
At the risk of sounding like a complete noob, how should I be setting up my media on my microsd card? My DX150 just arrived with my IT01s and I have a 64gb card that I copied my music to for now. I have it set up as "Music -> Artist Name - > Album Name -> Songs" however the DAP does not seem to be recognizing it? It detected the card, I set it up as additional storage rather than internal but Mango does not seem to be detecting the music? Again, I could be doing something completely wrong because I do not even seem to see any sort of "browser" type thing within mango, it just opens up to a blank screen with a play/pause and skip/back buttons and I don't see a way to try to navigate and select my music to play? When I use the explorer to browse the sd card, I can pick one song to play and it will only play that song, not everything in the folder. I am sure I am doing something stupid/wrong here. I have not updated firmware or done anything yet aside from unbox it and plug in my sd card to try and start testing it.

Edit: also anything special I need to do to use it as a USB DAC on PC? I see on the website there is a dx200 USB DAC driver, would it be the same thing for the 150?

Okay, so I am an idiot as far as finding my music lol, did not realize you swipe left/right from within Mango for other options, however now when I try to browse "All Music" it is only finding about 5 songs out of at least 1500-2000 on my SD card, all 5 songs are from different artists/cds too which seems a little odd. The songs it found are also in different forms of audio files. Some are flac (which are 994kbps apparently and not even full 1400) and others are 320 mp3 tracks. Any idea what would cause this? It also looks like I am already on the most up to date firmware version aside from using a custom rom someone else has made.

Last edited:
May 30, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #963 of 3,129
At the risk of sounding like a complete noob, how should I be setting up my media on my microsd card? My DX150 just arrived with my IT01s and I have a 64gb card that I copied my music to for now. I have it set up as "Music -> Artist Name - > Album Name -> Songs" however the DAP does not seem to be recognizing it? It detected the card, I set it up as additional storage rather than internal but Mango does not seem to be detecting the music? Again, I could be doing something completely wrong because I do not even seem to see any sort of "browser" type thing within mango, it just opens up to a blank screen with a play/pause and skip/back buttons and I don't see a way to try to navigate and select my music to play? When I use the explorer to browse the sd card, I can pick one song to play and it will only play that song, not everything in the folder. I am sure I am doing something stupid/wrong here. I have not updated firmware or done anything yet aside from unbox it and plug in my sd card to try and start testing it.

Edit: also anything special I need to do to use it as a USB DAC on PC? I see on the website there is a dx200 USB DAC driver, would it be the same thing for the 150?

Okay, so I am an idiot as far as finding my music lol, did not realize you swipe left/right from within Mango for other options, however now when I try to browse "All Music" it is only finding about 5 songs out of at least 1500-2000 on my SD card, all 5 songs are from different artists/cds too which seems a little odd. The songs it found are also in different forms of audio files. Some are flac (which are 994kbps apparently and not even full 1400) and others are 320 mp3 tracks. Any idea what would cause this? It also looks like I am already on the most up to date firmware version aside from using a custom rom someone else has made.
Have you ran a scan files on all?

May 30, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #964 of 3,129

Your player's Home screen should include icons for: BROWSER, CALCULATOR, CLOCK, DOWNLOADS, EXPLORER, SETTINGS & VIDEO along with MANGO PLAYER (the icon w/iBasso logo on it.)
Try opening Mango and see if you get the UI (Artist, Album, Now Playing, etc)
Swipe screen to the right to the ADVANCED menu & RESCAN LIBRARY, either card, internal or both. This will take a few minutes and you can usually watch the progress shown in percents on the screen.
Once done, swipe UI and try browsing by any category you chose. Your music should be there.

In the Android SETTINGS menu (gear icon in notification bar, you can check the status of your micro sd card in STORAGE & USB.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
May 30, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #965 of 3,129
Thank you for the posts guys, did not realize how far the menus went sideways I guess. I see to the right before the advanced option is also the "USB DAC" setting which I am assuming I would click and check off to turn it into a DAC for my PC. I ran the scan and it looks like it is now properly detecting all of my music on the SD card. I think it was only showing me the few songs I had navigated to through the explorer and manually started playing individually. I think I should be good to go from here for a little bit and continue playing around and see how things go.

I have not yet gone through all the settings in depth, but I know (believe) the Fiio x5 (maybe others?) had a feature something along the lines of "car mode" that would essentially turn the device on and off when it detected USB power being applied to it so when you turned on and off your car, the DAP would as well too. Any chance there is some sort of similar feature on this, if not it is not the end of the world but it would be convenient for the times I just want to leave it in my car and not take it with me somewhere.

Edit: Any idea though about a driver for using as a DAC with my PC? I put the DAP into DAC mode and it tries to install a DX150 driver for windows but fails and nothing shows up in playback devices, I'm assuming I need to change my playback device from speakers to the dx150 once its in there? Also curious if there is not some sort of simple option to play all songs by one particular artist? Maybe I just am not familiar with this Mango player enough, but when I pick an artist all I have is options to choose the album, then can play that whole album. Feel like there should be an option to play all songs by one particular artist that I am missing, unless I need to just manually create playlists like that if that's something I want to do.

Last edited:
May 31, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #966 of 3,129
So can anyone point me in the right direction for a driver for the USB DAC functionality of this device? Do I just download the driver for the DX200 DAC on their website? The only download for the dx150 is the one firmware file.

May 31, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #967 of 3,129
So can anyone point me in the right direction for a driver for the USB DAC functionality of this device? Do I just download the driver for the DX200 DAC on their website? The only download for the dx150 is the one firmware file.

That's what I used (the DX200 USB driver) and it works just fine. It even detects it as a DX150. This is on Windows 10.

May 31, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #968 of 3,129
How does this dap compare to the dx200? It's just I can get dx200 for £150 more than dx150

May 31, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #969 of 3,129
That's what I used (the DX200 USB driver) and it works just fine. It even detects it as a DX150. This is on Windows 10.
A DX150 USB-DAC driver V3.34 for Windows has been added to the iBasso DOWNLOADS page.

Last edited:
May 31, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #970 of 3,129
Thanks for the information guys, that DX150 driver literally showed up today as when I went this morning after posting again, the DX200 was still the only driver. I downloaded the DX200 one and everything is working fine without issue, but I swear that DX150 driver did not exist before I posted this morning.

May 31, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #971 of 3,129
Thanks for the information guys, that DX150 driver literally showed up today as when I went this morning after posting again, the DX200 was still the only driver. I downloaded the DX200 one and everything is working fine without issue, but I swear that DX150 driver did not exist before I posted this morning.
You're right... That driver was added within the last hour or two. Now maybe a FW update?

Jun 1, 2018 at 1:12 AM Post #972 of 3,129
DX150 driver literally showed up today as when I went this morning after posting again, the DX200 was still the only driver.
In fact, both links point to one and the same file. The INF file of the driver even lists DX120 and DX300, so don't be surprized it will work with them as well :)

Jun 1, 2018 at 6:51 AM Post #974 of 3,129

Users who are viewing this thread

Back