iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Jun 6, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #1,021 of 3,129
Surprised that the DX150 is sonically inferior to the DX200. I prefer the dac chipset for starters. Sabre chips can sound too clinical.

inferior vs superior is based on a personal preference, AMP module, iem/headphone pair up, etc. It's the same as all the discussions we have in DX200/DX150 threads where some people like one amp but not the other, but it doesn't make one inferior to the other because, for example, AMP1 of DX200 was more analytical and some prefer or hate that sig. To each their own :)

Jun 6, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #1,022 of 3,129
Surprised that the DX150 is sonically inferior to the DX200. I prefer the dac chipset for starters. Sabre chips can sound too clinical.

You need to hear more examples. Nothing clinical about Opus#2 or NFB-28. Though, DX200 with AMP1 can sound little bright. But with some of their high-current modules, it's bad-ass musical! :D

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #1,023 of 3,129
i really would appreciate if someone can post a video of dx150 using tidal, as i want to see the user experience

I can't/won't post a video. But as stated earlier it's not the fastest experience I've had with Tidal and to be honest I think my X7ii works better with Tidal, it's more responsive and faster. But who cares it's a dap not a smartphone. It works and I always listen to the music I want to listen to, even though I maybe have to push a button twice instead of one :).

Jun 6, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #1,024 of 3,129
But who cares it's a dap not a smartphone. It works and I always listen to the music I want to listen to, even though I maybe have to push a button twice instead of one :).

Well said sir :D

Jun 6, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #1,025 of 3,129
I can't/won't post a video. But as stated earlier it's not the fastest experience I've had with Tidal and to be honest I think my X7ii works better with Tidal, it's more responsive and faster. But who cares it's a dap not a smartphone. It works and I always listen to the music I want to listen to, even though I maybe have to push a button twice instead of one :).
Do you mind sharing how to install streaming apps like Tidal, Spotify, YouTube. I got the dx150 yesterday, love the sound but the UI is different from my other DAPs. I thought the you can't install any apps in addition to what's already on the DAP. Will appreciate your guidance.

Jun 6, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #1,027 of 3,129
Do you mind sharing how to install streaming apps like Tidal, Spotify, YouTube. I got the dx150 yesterday, love the sound but the UI is different from my other DAPs. I thought the you can't install any apps in addition to what's already on the DAP. Will appreciate your guidance.
I literally opened the browser, googled "tidal apk" and downloaded and installed it. It's not a difficult process to install apps especially since this device has a browser already included on it.

Jun 6, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #1,028 of 3,129
Do you have any specific questions in mind?

I can only compare it to using Tidal on my Win10 laptop/iMac/iPhone X and I'd say it's pretty much the same experience.

its all bout how slow and lag is using tidal

some already answered

i know not everyone uses tidal

Jun 6, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #1,029 of 3,129
its all bout how slow and lag is using tidal

some already answered

i know not everyone uses tidal

I use mine by building playlists on my computer (iMac/Win10 laptop) and then downloading them to Offline Mode on the DX150. No problems at all. There is a small beat when I play the first song switching over from Mango Player but after that smooth/seamless.

On occasion, I hop on wifi and stream directly (usually newer singles etc) and there can be some lag depending on your internet speed and proximity to router. I've found DAP (in general) don't hold wifi signals *that* well. But again, I've not experienced enough problems with that to complain.

Jun 6, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #1,030 of 3,129
Hi. Mine arrived today and it looks stunning. Ive downloaded lurker firmware and unzipped it. Ive then moved it to the root of the sd card. How do i perform the update?

Jun 6, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #1,031 of 3,129
Hi. Mine arrived today and it looks stunning. Ive downloaded lurker firmware and unzipped it. Ive then moved it to the root of the sd card. How do i perform the update?

Use the FactoryTool (if on Windows). Start with this zip file
Then follow the directions in the archive. It's pretty straight forward.

You can find more info here.

Jun 6, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #1,032 of 3,129
New DX150 FW 2.10. 275, June 6, 2018, just added to iBasso's Download page.

Jun 6, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #1,033 of 3,129
iBasso DX150 together with Sennheiser HD660S, photos taken from my review on Sennheiser HD660S at Audiophile Heaven :)

Audiophile-Heaven-Sennheiser-HD-660S-Review-29.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Sennheiser-HD-660S-Review-26.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Sennheiser-HD-660S-Review-28.jpg

Jun 6, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #1,034 of 3,129
I can't get firmware update to work. I click on the zip file in the system update local menu. It says verified failed, please check your package. Help

Jun 6, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #1,035 of 3,129
I can't get firmware update to work. I click on the zip file in the system update local menu. It says verified failed, please check your package. Help
You download the zip file and then unzip it. There will be a new zip file and that is the one you use for the update.

Been using this new FW. The screen response now with DSD files is fast. Nice going.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back