iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Jun 8, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #1,052 of 3,129
Not at all! USB DAC worked and still works!

On that topic, has anyone noticed significant battery drain while using the DX150 as USB DAC? In theory it should be charging while plugged in to USB from the computer but I’ve found the power consumption not only outpaces any charging that may be happening but drains significantly faster than when playing standalone.

Jun 8, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #1,053 of 3,129
Not at all! USB DAC worked and still works!
Thanks, not sure why I thought that but I swear I thought I saw you post somewhere when you released the FW that there was an issue with it. I will be going ahead and trying this firmware after this weekend as I will need it for a trip I am taking and don't want to risk anything or testing a custom FW when I need it lol.

As far as the battery on DAC goes, I do notice that it seems to use a lot of power, but in my experience I believe it is still charging the DAP just extremely extremely slowly. Next week I will take more notice of what my starting % is at vs what I end at after using it but previously I did feel like it was charging, just abysmally slow. I am also using a USB 2.0 port, I do not know if 3.0 would help at all or provide any more power, or if I use a USB-C to USB-C cable on my laptop or a machine I bet that will probably provide a bit more power and charge while in use.

Jun 8, 2018 at 10:06 PM Post #1,054 of 3,129
eh...

my dx200 was broken... ghost touch. no service in Poland.

my dx150 from China was stopped by customs...

now.... my new dx150 from UK is not responding... it was playing wonderful music but after charging is dead...

eh...

Jun 8, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #1,055 of 3,129
eh...

my dx200 was broken... ghost touch. no service in Poland.

my dx150 from China was stopped by customs...

now.... my new dx150 from UK is not responding... it was playing wonderful music but after charging is dead...

eh...
I am sorry you have had these issues. For the DX200 you could contact us directly for an RMA number. For the DX150 have you tried using the Batch Tool on the first page with the firmware that is a .img file? Have usre the DX150 is off and after the Batch Tool has been installed, follow the instruction for reloading the firmware. I will admit that there have been some issues with customs in Poland. We fill out all the information correctly and don't have problems in other countries but for some reason in Poland there can be problems.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jun 8, 2018 at 11:05 PM Post #1,056 of 3,129
New Firmware 2.10.275

Improvements with this firmware:

1. Folder Play function has been added. It can be found under Settings/Play mode.
2. Improvement to the UI response.
3. Rectified the bug that AAC and WMA can't be played via Bluetooth.

Gotta say, the improvement to the UI response is quite noticeable! Also, relative to the initial fw release DX150 arrived with, the sound of DX150 w/AMP6 is now more transparent (I hear less coloring), to the point where I don't even feel like switching to another amp. Keeping DX200 w/amp4 and DX150 w/amp6.

Also, @Lurker0, thank you for a fast release of your fw :)

Jun 9, 2018 at 1:15 AM Post #1,058 of 3,129
The USB OTG Adapter with a male to female USB Cable to connect it to the iFi xDSD. It works perfectly fine with my M3S.

You saying dx150 can ouput bitperfect audio via usb to an external dac?

Jun 9, 2018 at 2:51 AM Post #1,059 of 3,129
lol, why?

It was of course meant as a joke hence the :). But it has been mentioned many times in this and the DX200 thread.

Use the search function, write "Spotify" or "Tidal" and you will get the answer. Or install lurkers firmware and you will get Google play store. Generally very easy to get Tidal or Spotify up and running :)

Jun 9, 2018 at 2:55 AM Post #1,060 of 3,129
You saying dx150 can ouput bitperfect audio via usb to an external dac?

I found out that the xDSD doesn't do USB DAC for the DX150. Only Optical.

Jun 9, 2018 at 4:27 AM Post #1,061 of 3,129
I am sorry you have had these issues. For the DX200 you could contact us directly for an RMA number. For the DX150 have you tried using the Batch Tool on the first page with the firmware that is a .img file? Have usre the DX150 is off and after the Batch Tool has been installed, follow the instruction for reloading the firmware. I will admit that there have been some issues with customs in Poland. We fill out all the information correctly and don't have problems in other countries but for some reason in Poland there can be problems.

thank You Paul,

after some time with loading, and many tries dx150 woke up!

I will try to reload firmware.

Here in Poland a lot of people are wating for new iBasso products but distribution is stopped.

Jun 9, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #1,062 of 3,129
I will admit that there have been some issues with customs in Poland. We fill out all the information correctly and don't have problems in other countries but for some reason in Poland there can be problems.

I imported many products in last years and I know that in Poland the problem with customs is only when importer is on red list. Probably in the past something goes wrong with documents, so that's why it is problem. Definitely you should think about Poland and maybe sign agreement with other distributor will be good idea. A good reputation have audioheaven (xduoo, opus distributor) and if you need help with contact I could help

Here in Poland a lot of people are wating for new iBasso products but distribution is stopped.

This must change in the near future. I would like to buy new dx150 but the best locally.

Jun 9, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #1,063 of 3,129

As @kafebiwa said, think about signing an agreement with other distributor. And I can also recommend AudioHeaven as a solid brand. They are a distributor for The Bit (Opus DAPs), Fidue, One More, Xduoo, FLC and even Audio Technica :) A man behind this brand is a man of his words. A very responsible, friendly and most of all RELIABLE. So if you need someone trustworthy, AudioHeaven is the way to go and I can vouch for him with my... well, words :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back