iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Aug 30, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #1,501 of 3,129
Aug 30, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #1,502 of 3,129
Just got these PlusSound cables from Massdrop delivered 2 months before the advertised date (OCT29). Got them mostly to tighten up my on-the-go rig :rocket::headphones:

DX150 + AMP8 >> 4' PlusSound X6 Copper >> TH900mod

YfFfMiih.jpg

Aug 30, 2018 at 9:50 PM Post #1,503 of 3,129
Just got these PlusSound cables from Massdrop delivered 2 months before the advertised date (OCT29). Got them mostly to tighten up my on-the-go rig :rocket::headphones:

DX150 + AMP8 >> 4' PlusSound X6 Copper >> TH900mod

YfFfMiih.jpg

Niiice, do you find the cans is properly driven?

Aug 31, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #1,506 of 3,129
Hi guys I'm interested in this player, but went to try it and this player sound more focus on the vocals or boosted a bit, does the Amp changes the sound? I mainly listen to rock and metal

Aug 31, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #1,507 of 3,129
Hi guys I'm interested in this player, but went to try it and this player sound more focus on the vocals or boosted a bit, does the Amp changes the sound? I mainly listen to rock and metal
I find Beyond Creation, Conquering Dystopia, Vai, Pantera, Plini etc sounds good already with amp6. It is also dependong on your cans.

Sep 1, 2018 at 4:34 AM Post #1,508 of 3,129
Hello guys, im looking for charger for this player. If i will buy charger with quick charge 3.0 it will be work with our player on QC 2.0 if this player is not on qualcomm chipset(our on RK3368)? Is this charger is good Grand-X CH-550B?

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #1,509 of 3,129
Boy, I sure am having difficulty with firmware V2.11.293 / Sept. 1, 2018! I did successfully install the FW (checked in Settings<About). Initial Library scan took much longer than previous FW version. It seems that there is no longer a % progress bar on Home screen, only a spinning circle "timer" in the left notification bar, making it harder to track scan progress. When timer finally stopped spinning, scrolling the Artist list the player was very laggy, then Mango Player froze and the "not responding, close-wait" error popped-up. Closed, Rebooted, checked list again (same) then I ejected / re-inserted my micro sd card and started a new scan. Gave it lots of time to finish (miss that % indicator) Same behavior as before, except I did manage to scroll through Artist category and came upon a "Null" listing with over 5000 tracks and an "Unknown" list. Then Mango froze up again. I did this reboot/eject/re-insert/re-scan process one more time. Same results. Entire response of touch screen seems to be compromised with this FW and I had NO problem with lag before, at all. Scanning has gone from tolerable to I don't know what. Going back to V2.10.275 from June 2018 until this gets sorted out. Sent iBasso a Message on FB. Frustrating!
*update: installed previous FW version and it restored player completely-snappy response, no "null" listing.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2018 at 7:53 PM Post #1,511 of 3,129
Has the new firmware fix all the prior problems?

Sep 3, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #1,512 of 3,129
Hi all, with new firmware 293, I have encountered memory crash while pull down menu for volume down. And playing CUE at the end of the song. it should stop but mine encountered loop that it stop and play and can't do anything to stop it, only shut down will do. And I feel that the filter not working. Reversed back to 275, while playing CUE list no more relay (strange) and it stop at end of the song. Volume down working from pull down menu. And I feel the filter can't work too. Using 275 now but can't play with other earphones because filter not working. This is what I encountered, for other not affected, blessings.

Forget to inform, all done with hard reset.

Regards.

Matt

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #1,513 of 3,129
How is lurker firmware vs stock? I was really looking at getting the dx150 and hoping issues got fixed. I ended up ordering a hiby r6, but my heart is still with ibasso i love the modularity of the amps. To make things worse the hiby r6 pro was just announced! Too many good daps out right now.

Sep 3, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #1,514 of 3,129
Hi all, with new firmware 293, I have encountered memory crash while pull down menu for volume down. And playing CUE at the end of the song. it should stop but mine encountered loop that it stop and play and can't do anything to stop it, only shut down will do. And I feel that the filter not working. Reversed back to 275, while playing CUE list no more relay (strange) and it stop at end of the song. Volume down working from pull down menu. And I feel the filter can't work too. Using 275 now but can't play with other earphones because filter not working. This is what I encountered, for other not affected, blessings.

Forget to inform, all done with hard reset.

Regards.

Matt
Hi, Matt.
See my issues with this latest FW a few posts back #1509. I too have rolled back to stock FW2.10.275. I've posted comments regarding this on iBasso's Facebook page, Messenger and gotten a few replies from Paul. (His two suggestions: do a Factory Reset and Scan Internal / SD Card separately.) This didn't help at all-and I went through the ENTIRE update process from start-to-finish TWICE!

Sep 3, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #1,515 of 3,129
Hi, Matt.
See my issues with this latest FW a few posts back #1509. I too have rolled back to stock FW2.10.275. I've posted comments regarding this on iBasso's Facebook page, Messenger and gotten a few replies from Paul. (His two suggestions: do a Factory Reset and Scan Internal / SD Card separately.) This didn't help at all-and I went through the ENTIRE update process from start-to-finish TWICE!

Hi Chaz,

Yes, I been through the factory reset everytime I updated new firmware. As I have tried 2 times and it still not stable, I gave up 293 and back to 275. Thanks for your reply. I think I will just stick with it at the moment. Just I can't play around with other earphones for this moment due to sound style and filter not working (as I feel).

Regards and thanks again.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back