iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Jan 23, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #2,101 of 3,129
Thank you for your response, I sure hope nothing is wrong with the unit. I just want to make sure since I am still within my exchange period, so it is still easy for me to swap another unit.
Average playtime is around 10.5 hours, 9 hours with 28% left sounds pretty good to me?
Source: Website iBasso DX150

r5bO6h8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 23, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #2,102 of 3,129
Hey guys,
Regarding the (occasional) lag and stutter in Oreo, is this mainly happen in the default music app or it also occurs in something like UAPP/Hiby/Tidal/Spotify app?
I'm not trying to play games or watch videos on my dap, just playing/streaming music. (mostly flac)
I was originally looking at the Hiby R6 but wifi problem concerns drove me away to the dx150.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #2,103 of 3,129
I heard somewhere, DX220 is coming in April ? Is dx160 also on the way?

Jan 24, 2019 at 1:48 AM Post #2,104 of 3,129
Hey guys,
Regarding the (occasional) lag and stutter in Oreo, is this mainly happen in the default music app or it also occurs in something like UAPP/Hiby/Tidal/Spotify app?
I'm not trying to play games or watch videos on my dap, just playing/streaming music. (mostly flac)
I was originally looking at the Hiby R6 but wifi problem concerns drove me away to the dx150.

It's not as smooth as my iPhone. It's way more smooth than other DAPs I've seen / had in the past. Stutter in the Mango player (the default music app) isn't there, some lag is (mostly in the interface). TIDAL has no problems and runs fluent (so far). TIDAL also does the MASTER / MQA thing fine (v2.11.2.885.3).
Oreo in general has some hiccups from time to time, but they are very small.
I quickly tried the FiiO Music app and the Hiby Music app two days ago, but didn't like them. However: I can't remember those apps having stutters or lag, if they did behave very poorly I would remember that :wink:
The only thing I have to get used to, is the touchscreen, I have to press a bit more conciously / harder than I'm used to on my smartphone. Is it a dealbreaker? No. Not for me.

Also something to keep in mind, the current iBasso-Oreo release is about 1 month old, so it only seems fair (to me) to give iBasso some time to come up with new firmware releases and updates to further enhance the experience.

Besides everything above, and this may sound a bit stupid: but it is just a music player (a good one, mind you). It does that well.

If you want good / better audio without worrying about performance, maybe look into a Dragonfly Red from audioquest, Chord Mojo which you can hook up to an existing device or one of those LG phones with build-in DAC/Amplifiers that are better than average. Every DAP that runs Android and comes out of China will "have some problems", you just have to accept that or look for another solution. You could also look into players without streaming functionality, and basically buy an "iPod on steroids". I believe Sony makes good players that are not running Android, so maybe something to look into?

Hope this helps!

Jan 24, 2019 at 2:16 AM Post #2,105 of 3,129
It's not as smooth as my iPhone. It's way more smooth than other DAPs I've seen / had in the past. Stutter in the Mango player (the default music app) isn't there, some lag is (mostly in the interface). TIDAL has no problems and runs fluent (so far). TIDAL also does the MASTER / MQA thing fine (v2.11.2.885.3).
Oreo in general has some hiccups from time to time, but they are very small.
I quickly tried the FiiO Music app and the Hiby Music app two days ago, but didn't like them. However: I can't remember those apps having stutters or lag, if they did behave very poorly I would remember that :wink:
The only thing I have to get used to, is the touchscreen, I have to press a bit more conciously / harder than I'm used to on my smartphone. Is it a dealbreaker? No. Not for me.

Also something to keep in mind, the current iBasso-Oreo release is about 1 month old, so it only seems fair (to me) to give iBasso some time to come up with new firmware releases and updates to further enhance the experience.

Besides everything above, and this may sound a bit stupid: but it is just a music player (a good one, mind you). It does that well.

If you want good / better audio without worrying about performance, maybe look into a Dragonfly Red from audioquest, Chord Mojo which you can hook up to an existing device or one of those LG phones with build-in DAC/Amplifiers that are better than average. Every DAP that runs Android and comes out of China will "have some problems", you just have to accept that or look for another solution. You could also look into players without streaming functionality, and basically buy an "iPod on steroids". I believe Sony makes good players that are not running Android, so maybe something to look into?

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the detailed answer. I understand that a DAP is not a smartphone and I'm not expecting such performance. My previous DAP was AK300 and it wasn't a fast device. I was OK with that. But in some videos I've seen a 2-4 second delay in mango player after selecting each song. That, I don't expect from a quad-core device.
If the performance is acceptable for simply browsing my songs and searching for them I'll be fine.
Regarding the touchscreen do you use any screen protector?

Jan 24, 2019 at 2:27 AM Post #2,106 of 3,129
Thanks for the detailed answer. I understand that a DAP is not a smartphone and I'm not expecting such performance. My previous DAP was AK300 and it wasn't a fast device. I was OK with that. But in some videos I've seen a 2-4 second delay in mango player after selecting each song. That, I don't expect from a quad-core device.
If the performance is acceptable for simply browsing my songs and searching for them I'll be fine.
Regarding the touchscreen do you use any screen protector?

It's actually an 8-core cpu :wink:
Yes, there's a screenprotector that is applied from the factory, that is probably what is causing some touches not to be registered.

I've seen those delay video's as well, and they also worried me. My local reseller said that if anything like that would happen I could return the device without any problems.
However: I do think they patched / updated those problems with new firmware releases. I will use the Mango player today and try some DSD/ISO/FLAC files and 'report back to you'.

Edit: uploading a short recording of the DX150 with the Mango player and TIDAL to YouTube. (done in a few min)

Edit2: here it is, I don't use YouTube that often to upload movies nor do I make recordings, so it's all crappy-crappy-amateur-quality-iphone-bla but it should give you an impression. Anyways: I can't see any (noticeable) lag, hope that answers your question!

Jan 24, 2019 at 3:45 AM Post #2,107 of 3,129
It's actually an 8-core cpu :wink:
Yes, there's a screenprotector that is applied from the factory, that is probably what is causing some touches not to be registered.

I've seen those delay video's as well, and they also worried me. My local reseller said that if anything like that would happen I could return the device without any problems.
However: I do think they patched / updated those problems with new firmware releases. I will use the Mango player today and try some DSD/ISO/FLAC files and 'report back to you'.

Edit: uploading a short recording of the DX150 with the Mango player and TIDAL to YouTube. (done in a few min)

Edit2: here it is, I don't use YouTube that often to upload movies nor do I make recordings, so it's all crappy-crappy-amateur-quality-iphone-bla but it should give you an impression. Anyways: I can't see any (noticeable) lag, hope that answers your question!

You are a hero sir! Thank you so much for the time and effort you put into this. It was pretty much fluid and responsive and it's more than enough for me.
I think I'll join you in a few days in DX150 club!

Jan 24, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #2,110 of 3,129
The lag is simply unbearable for me. btw my AK240 is more responsive than dx150
I would have it replaced or have your DX150 sent in. I don't have any issue with mine, it is fast and responsive. I assume you have used the software tool to refresh the software and then done a factory reset?

Jan 24, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #2,113 of 3,129
The lag is simply unbearable for me. btw my AK240 is more responsive than dx150

I did the update for the 8.1 last night and the mango player is faster, but using regular OS is terrible. I think i will go back to the lurker mod.
From what I experienced in years of android updates on phones, you should probably do a factory reset after the update. It resolves many issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back