iBasso DX100 Reference DAP - ES9018 inside
Feb 20, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #2,611 of 2,799
I had some questions for iBasso and here what they had to say:

Tell me if radio is supported in DX100?
-----Not, but you can connect it to online radio.
Why you decided to go for micro sd card?Is there no room for SD card?
-----There is not enough room for SD card.
Now you can get them in 128 GB.
With the new firmware release the playeback time is longer?
-----Not
Also the unit is made of magnesium or aluminium?
-------The top frame and side is magnesium. The bottom is aluminium.
Can we replace the batteries in the future or we need to send it to iBasso?
------It is user replaceable.
Are any unit ready to be shipped yet?
-----Not. The 2nd batch DX100 will available around Mar 10~15th..
So another 4 weeks before i am getting mine.:)

Thanks for posting that. I'm not clear on the question or answer re 128gb cards. Are micro sd available in 128gb(I thought 64 tops)?

For those who already have one, what did the new firmware release accomplish?

Feb 20, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #2,612 of 2,799
Thanks for posting that. I'm not clear on the question or answer re 128gb cards. Are micro sd available in 128gb(I thought 64 tops)?
For those who already have one, what did the new firmware release accomplish?

It corrected nearly all the bugs reported and submitted to iBasso. Only things remaining are finalizing gapless playback and adding a context menu to the now-playing file. The UI is very intuitive and complete, offering many useful user options. A User Manual including screenshots will be available for download very shortly.

Feb 20, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #2,613 of 2,799

It corrected nearly all the bugs reported and submitted to iBasso. Only things remaining is finalizing gapless playback and adding a context menu to the now-playing file. The UI is very intuitive and complete, offering many useful user options.

Glad to hear that. Thanks. With gapless playback does it just insert a pause between every track on an otherwise gapless cd rip?

Feb 20, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #2,614 of 2,799
It corrected nearly all the bugs reported and submitted to iBasso. Only things remaining is finalizing gapless playback and adding a context menu to the now-playing file. The UI is very intuitive and complete, offering many useful user options.

Glad to hear that. Thanks. With gapless playback does it just insert a pause between every track on an otherwise gapless cd rip?

If a track contains recorded information all the way to the end of the track, there is no pause between tracks, but many recordings to not go fully to the end of the track, sometimes leaving a few seconds of silence. If this is the case one will hear a slight gap between tracks.

Feb 20, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #2,615 of 2,799
If you've ever used a program like XLD to extract individual files from a .cue file and ticked the 'keep pre-gap' option, you'll see the time varies considerably and can vary from none, micro seconds, tenths of a second to several seconds. 

Feb 20, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #2,616 of 2,799

Quote:
If you've ever used a program like XLD to extract individual files from a .cue file and ticked the 'keep pre-gap' option, you'll see the time varies considerably and can vary from none, micro seconds, tenths of a second to several seconds. 

I just switched from MAXX to XLD but haven't yet experienced what you (or HiFlight) means.  I don't have that many albums where that would be an issue, but can think of two; The Beatles, Love, and Diamond Mine by King Creosote and John Hopkins.  I believe in both cases the music goes all the way to the end of the track.  I can think of several albums where there is a long pause of silence (minutes) on a cut or two for that disturbing effect of music jumping up at you out of blackness when you don't expect it.  Will XLD interpret that silence as the end of the track (that would actually be merciful as I really don't like the silence for effect)?

Feb 20, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #2,617 of 2,799
The pre-gap is programmed into the CD/album, all XLD is doing is preserving it, so if it's something like a live album there'll be no audible gaps (2nd pic), where as a typical album it may vary (1st pic).

I'm not sure how legible those are as HF has shrunk them!
Quote:
I just switched from MAXX to XLD but haven't yet experienced what you (or HiFlight) means.  I don't have that many albums where that would be an issue, but can think of two; The Beatles, Love, and Diamond Mine by King Creosote and John Hopkins.  I believe in both cases the music goes all the way to the end of the track.  I can think of several albums where there is a long pause of silence (minutes) on a cut or two for that disturbing effect of music jumping up at you out of blackness when you don't expect it.  Will XLD interpret that silence as the end of the track (that would actually be merciful as I really don't like the silence for effect)?

Feb 20, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #2,618 of 2,799
it corrected nearly all the bugs reported and submitted to iBasso. Only things remaining are finalizing gapless playback and adding a context menu to the now-playing file. The UI is very intuitive and complete, offering many useful user options. A User Manual including screenshots will be available for download very shortly.

online manual: excellent news.

Feb 20, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #2,620 of 2,799
Online manual when to download?Indeed exxcellent news so we can read all about DX100.

Online manual should be available within a few days. It is complete and awaiting the screenshots.

Feb 20, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #2,621 of 2,799
I have to say ibasso is an excellent company, super fast professional emails , great customer service and they listen to their customers and fix bugs rather quick! 

Feb 21, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #2,622 of 2,799
OHH , My dreaming metal lady ! Its time to rethink about this mechanic singer beside the cd player . That's exactly what i have to do now.
atsmile.gif

Feb 21, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #2,623 of 2,799
Quote:
If a track contains recorded information all the way to the end of the track, there is no pause between tracks, but many recordings to not go fully to the end of the track, sometimes leaving a few seconds of silence. If this is the case one will hear a slight gap between tracks.

The discussion of gapless playback in this thread isn't making a lot of sense. Gapless does not remove silence where it is programmed into the beginning or end of a song. Gapless does allow adjacent songs on an album that are intended to be heard continuously without a gap to be heard continuously without a gap.  

Most ripping systems, such as iTunes, EAC with cue sheets, etc. support ripping songs that will play this way on a gapless playback system.

Simple example: Put on a properly ripped copy of the Beatles' Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band album. Does the opening track transition smoothly and gaplessly into "A Little Help From My Friends"? If yes, the DX100 support gapless playback. If not, it does not. There is no other relevant definition for "supporting gapless playback".

There are thousands of other albums that this can be tested on....

So does the DX100 support gapless playback or not? It either does or it doesn't. 

Feb 21, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #2,624 of 2,799

Quote:
Quote:

The discussion of gapless playback in this thread isn't making a lot of sense. Gapless does not remove silence where it is programmed into the beginning or end of a song. Gapless does allow adjacent songs on an album that are intended to be heard continuously without a gap to be heard continuously without a gap.  

Most ripping systems, such as iTunes, EAC with cue sheets, etc. support ripping songs that will play this way on a gapless playback system.

Simple example: Put on a properly ripped copy of the Beatles' Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band album. Does the opening track transition smoothly and gaplessly into "A Little Help From My Friends"? If yes, the DX100 support gapless playback. If not, it does not. There is no other relevant definition for "supporting gapless playback".

There are thousands of other albums that this can be tested on....

So does the DX100 support gapless playback or not? It either does or it doesn't. 

No, not yet.  But for some reason on some albums the songs do transition with no gap but on the Beatles you mention, there is a gap. go figure. :^)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back