iBasso DX100 Reference DAP - ES9018 inside
Jan 30, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #2,326 of 2,799

Quote:
If I were to order this now is the price still $699? or is it $829? when will it be $829?

Below is the e-mail I got from iBasso Audio

We will start taking the 2nd pre-order after we fixed some software bugs reported.
I will email you once we start taking the 2nd pre-order.
The 699USD price is for the 1st batch only. But we will provide some discount for pre-order.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

Jan 30, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #2,327 of 2,799

Quote:
You do good work.
beyersmile.png

I think that I want you to do it with Macintosh

Your wish is my command
biggrin.gif

Jan 30, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #2,329 of 2,799
I suspect that there are several people on Head-Fi who either cut code for a living or have done so. Those folks will know that a 'dot zero' release of *anything* is rarely rolled out without 'healthy' bug reports following thick and fast. Yes, you can beta-test, you can have key users onsite who say wonderful things about the new software and literally 'cant wait' to start using it for real, but day one of the rollout you will uncover all sorts of 'bugs' which simply didnt show up under normal usage, and a lot of it comes down to expectation. While your team was obsessed with cracking the really big nut in front of them, little things started to fall through the cracks - I know, good software engineering is supposed to catch those 'little things', but that's little comfort when you are standing in a stockbroker's office listening to some ancient curmudgeon tell you that there is no way that he will be using the new system until you change the interface to suit him ......

I'm not giving iBasso an 'out', just saying that it will never be 'perfect' while human beings are involved in the design and implementation of complex processes.

Jan 30, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #2,330 of 2,799

The solution to this is to have beta testers even before the initial release date and give those beta testers a really big discount :wink:...
Quote:
I suspect that there are several people on Head-Fi who either cut code for a living or have done so. Those folks will know that a 'dot zero' release of *anything* is rarely rolled out without 'healthy' bug reports following thick and fast. Yes, you can beta-test, you can have key users onsite who say wonderful things about the new software and literally 'cant wait' to start using it for real, but day one of the rollout you will uncover all sorts of 'bugs' which simply didnt show up under normal usage, and a lot of it comes down to expectation. While your team was obsessed with cracking the really big nut in front of them, little things started to fall through the cracks - I know, good software engineering is supposed to catch those 'little things', but that's little comfort when you are standing in a stockbroker's office listening to some ancient curmudgeon tell you that there is no way that he will be using the new system until you change the interface to suit him ......

I'm not giving iBasso an 'out', just saying that it will never be 'perfect' while human beings are involved in the design and implementation of complex processes.

Jan 30, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #2,333 of 2,799

+1

Although, just by reading how fast the Head-fiers here uncover bugs, I suspect their beta testers are not a super user.
It would be nice if iBasso and other companies have the Head-fiers here sign-up for their beta testing.

Anyway, I am encouraged by iBasso's response that they will fix the bugs before they ship next batch.

Quote:

Jan 31, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #2,334 of 2,799
Watch another batch of bugs that arise from fixing these.

Quote:
+1

Although, just by reading how fast the Head-fiers here uncover bugs, I suspect their beta testers are not a super user.
It would be nice if iBasso and other companies have the Head-fiers here sign-up for their beta testing.

Anyway, I am encouraged by iBasso's response that they will fix the bugs before they ship next batch.

Jan 31, 2012 at 4:59 AM Post #2,336 of 2,799

yup skynet a[size=medium]nd terminators sent from future.[/size]

Quote:
Or to create artificially intelligent machines to R&D, and QC things like these. And you know what that means...

Jan 31, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #2,338 of 2,799
There Q & A department is probably only a few people.  Having it out to 40+ people, increases the chances of finding the problems by probably 1000%.  Plus I don't think you realize how intelligent and helpful this community is.

Quote:
+1

Jan 31, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #2,339 of 2,799

Quote:
There Q & A department is probably only a few people.  Having it out to 40+ people, increases the chances of finding the problems by probably 1000%.  Plus I don't think you realize how intelligent and helpful this community is.

You misunderstood what I was saying..
Yes, I realize how helpful Head-fiers are...that's why a company like iBasso should have Head-fiers as the beta testers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back