iBasso DX100 Reference DAP - ES9018 inside
Jan 21, 2012 at 8:47 AM Post #2,026 of 2,799

Quote:
Cool. I wonder how it looks for the album art. I sure hope that it supports the Foobar/Rockbox "Folder" picture system.

Edit: Actually I am just assuming that the LP+note graphic can be replaced with album art. I am sure that we will find out soon.

Maybe the LP pictures showed up due to lack of Album Art. But it already looks nice and simple.

Jan 21, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #2,028 of 2,799

Quote:
This's me some pictures on the website in Chinese, please indicate the source!

OK, now we know (I speak and read no Chinese but I put the source), thank you Wagen , now a movie!!!!!!

Jan 21, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #2,029 of 2,799

Thank you Wagen, would appreciate a movie uploaded to youtube so we see the UI..

Jan 21, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #2,031 of 2,799
Quote:
Here is a picture of DX100 wich shows UI !!!

Yes, now that picture makes the DX100 an even more appealing DAP to me; like a 64GB iPod Touch, but with µSDHC (XC?!), hopefully a SQ that outperforms the HP-P1 and into which I can plug my W5000's directly, or my next IEM's (this should deserve better than my current EX90's). Very neat.

Looking forward to reviews from prominent Head-Fiers.

Oh, and iBasso should get Norêve or better, Connolly to make a nice leather case for it. In camel & armagnac colours.

Jan 21, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #2,032 of 2,799
The screen should hold up nice as it is hardened glass, no scratches unless you try real hard. 

Jan 21, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #2,034 of 2,799
Seriously guys, if you have a review unit, can you look into the stock music player to see when a hires track is being played, are there indicators showing bitrate and sampling rate? We need to confirm that it does play hires in it's native format. Furthermore, many stand alone DAC will show incoming format, can someone look into any way of checking incoming information?

As the unit is only running 2.3, does anyone know if it is upgradeable to Ice Cream Sandwich? Because some of the newer music players require the latest version of os. Also, somebody mention that Android natively has a way of down sampling all format to 16/44.1, if anyone plans to use Poweramp or Neutron which claims to play hires up to 24/192, I wonder if we can tell whether it is playing regular format (16/44) even though the materials is higher.

Jan 21, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #2,035 of 2,799

Quote:
Seriously guys, if you have a review unit, can you look into the stock music player to see when a hires track is being played, are there indicators showing bitrate and sampling rate? We need to confirm that it does play hires in it's native format. Furthermore, many stand alone DAC will show incoming format, can someone look into any way of checking incoming information?
As the unit is only running 2.3, does anyone know if it is upgradeable to Ice Cream Sandwich? Because some of the newer music players require the latest version of os. Also, somebody mention that Android natively has a way of down sampling all format to 16/44.1, if anyone plans to use Poweramp or Neutron which claims to play hires up to 24/192, I wonder if we can tell whether it is playing regular format (16/44) even though the materials is higher.

It can be upgraded later. 

Jan 21, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #2,036 of 2,799

Quote:

There is an info from iBasso:

The DX100 has a special program written for it to utilize 24/194, bypassing the restriction of 16/44. It can also, if you want to, upsample 16/44, though I don't like upsampling but it is your option, which is nice. 

So the only question now is: would DX100 play 24/96 with other players like Neutron or Poweramp native???!!! Or is it just a function of built-in software music player from iBasso team??!!
It would be nice for DX100 OS to help any aftermarket software player output clean up to 24/192 direct to es9018, then it can be a very good news for head-fi.

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #2,037 of 2,799
Quote:
I love the new cassette tape look.  It's like we just went back to the 80's and we're spending $829 on Sony walkmans!!!

So honestly is this plasic or is it magnesium alloy / aluminium???

lol, at least were not getting a walkman era dac this time around :p

I actually really like it's design and color's too. As for size people are using iPod Classic's with a separate dac and amp; this is much more manageable than that. This idea of getting everything android offers in a high end player is really cool...but le cost...sigh

Jan 21, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #2,038 of 2,799
want to sell a dx100 for 2000$ lol. be one of first tp try it.

Jan 21, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #2,040 of 2,799
Good news on battery life. Garyvictor from the erji forum (he has the ssn:001) stated that his DX100 was fully charged at 4:30pm and he has been using it till 1:30 am in the morning and there is still one bar left. That means there is a good chance that it will last 9 hours. He further indicates that the volume from 0 to 255 steps are not fully linear. Apparently from 220 to 255 the steps have more volume increases. Another point comes from his discussion with the chief designer of Ibasso is that the stock music player has some specific link to this version of os (2.3.1) so if anyone tries to upgrade or downgrade the os may result in problems in operation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back