iBasso DX100 Reference DAP - ES9018 inside
Jan 17, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #1,441 of 2,799

Quote:
Not to mention I hate how Apple is so controlling, even ALAC is their form of control. Just tired of that non-sense "its all mine" greed and mentality Apple is so well known for...
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
2X...Amen Brother...Anything-But-iPod for life....and Microsoft sucks, too.

X3 my brothers at arms. Anything but iPod, Microsoft sucks, and while we're at it Google blows too

(I'm such a s@#t disturber hee hee)

Jan 17, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #1,444 of 2,799
[size=medium]Just do what my fiancé did, turn your wife into a headfi member. However, it might backfire:[/size]
  • [size=medium]You will lose only part that’s holding your sanity and you will most likely go broke twice as fast. But at least you will both enjoy good music.[/size]
  • [size=medium]She will change and you may not like it.[/size]
  • [size=medium]She might leave you for better high quality gear, or an audiophile with better audio gear or both.  [/size]
  • [size=medium]It sounds tempting but don’t do it, one of us had to let go of audiophile dream, it wasn’t me and it won’t be her.[/size]
  • [size=medium]If I think of anything else Iw ill let you know lol.[/size]

[size=medium]lol if you do decid to try it, I’ll tell you the secret.[/size]

Quote:

Your a dead man walking, just like me,... 
beerchug.gif

Quote:
no, just hoping....
smily_headphones1.gif

A price like that would mean that I could buy it without being murdered by my wife :p

Jan 17, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #1,445 of 2,799
I doubt that announcement will quell the hype - if anything, its likely to go completely ballistic as soon as a few people get their hands on one .....

Jan 17, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #1,447 of 2,799

Quote:
I can imagine iBasso's paypal balance skyrocketing once the DX100 is released.

I'm wary, given the Fiio debacle. The specs for the DX100 are a lot more encouraging, but it will still be their first attempt at building a DAP. I dont remember what the first Cowon model was, but I suspect that it sucked.  
rolleyes.gif

Jan 17, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #1,448 of 2,799
Mischa, that little girl in your Avatar grows up way too fast.  Slow down, otherwise you may be sixty before the DX100 is out :wink:

Jan 17, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #1,449 of 2,799
[size=medium]Not entirely true though, they have a lot of experience with building dacs + amps. Not only that but there one of best at doing it. There also not making the os. So the only thing left is making sure battery lasts over 5 hours, that it runs smooth together, and that dx has our audiophile specifications. They even only have to include a somewhat decent audio player app (which will be the only new thing they’re really doing). They know we have poweramp or winamp.[/size]

Quote:
I'm wary, given the Fiio debacle. The specs for the DX100 are a lot more encouraging, but it will still be their first attempt at building a DAP. I dont remember what the first Cowon model was, but I suspect that it sucked.  
rolleyes.gif

Jan 17, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #1,450 of 2,799

lol that was my 2 year old daughter lol, whos turning 3 on april.

Quote:
Mischa, that little girl in your Avatar grows up way too fast.  Slow down, otherwise you may be sixty before the DX100 is out :wink:

Jan 17, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #1,451 of 2,799
Perhaps when this device FINALLY is released, a seperate thread featuring reviews and impressions can be started, to leave the hype and supposition of this huge pre-release thread behind?

Just a suggestion

Jan 17, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #1,453 of 2,799
just one? [size=medium]I assure you quite a few headfi members will be making different ones with their impressions, not to mention all-new pics that will be added to pictures of your portable rig section.[/size]

Quote:
Perhaps when this device FINALLY is released, a seperate thread featuring reviews and impressions can be started, to leave the hype and supposition of this huge pre-release thread behind?

Just a suggestion

Jan 17, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #1,454 of 2,799
Are they gonna stick to the '45 days' promise?

Jan 17, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #1,455 of 2,799

Users who are viewing this thread

Back