iBasso DX100 Reference DAP - ES9018 inside
Jan 6, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #917 of 2,799

Quote:
What about using DX100 with Fiio E6 that will make it sound even better right
just kidding

To say it in Hex' words:

Code:
 +++Mr. Jelly! Mr. Jelly!+++ +++Error at Address Number 14, Treacle Mine Road.+++ +++Melon melon melon+++ +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++ +++Whoops! Here comes the cheese! +++ +++Oneoneoneoneoneoneone+++

Jan 6, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #918 of 2,799
Quote:
It just occurred to me that the DX100 with it's digital output would be the perfect match for the DB2/PB2 combo... Than you would have a transportable, fully balanced rig capable of 24/192 flac playback with an amp powerful enough (32v voltage swing) to drive just about anything. Fit it all in a Peli case and you'd have the ultimate hotel or office rig...

I will think that using the DX100 with DB2 is dumb.

Might not be dumb. Yes you would waste the dac in the DX100 but there are not many other portable options that will feed the DB2 24/192 to produce balanced

Jan 6, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #919 of 2,799

Quote:
Might not be dumb. Yes you would waste the dac in the DX100 but there are not many other portable options that will feed the DB2 24/192 to produce balanced

Will be worthwhile to compare DX100 -> PB2 as well as DX100 -> DB2 -> PB2.

I understand the craze for fully balanced portable set up though.

Jan 7, 2012 at 4:49 AM Post #921 of 2,799

Quote:

Couldn't find a better name for your Avatar ,I will feel guilty every time I have to quote you stupid11, sorry but his sounds wrong man
biggrin.gif
.......welcome to the club.....

LOL, i have used this ID in my local audiophile and local area forum. just used to this ID name already.

Quote:
i'll buy the naked virgins. screw the DAP

especially if she can sing :p

Quote:

What about using DX100 with Fiio E6 that will make it sound even better right
just kidding

maybe, LOL
why not....
if u find that fiio E6 sounding is more superior to DX100 internal amp.

Jan 7, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #922 of 2,799

Quote:

So should I read this every day and complain about fairytale prices of DX100 or should I just work instead and then actually buy it... lol

1. You have at least 2 months to get the money together
2. I believe you may own every IEM known to man - that sort of addiction cant come cheap .....

I dont think you are the only one who wants this gizmo but isnt keen on the expected price tag. My prediction is that the first batch will disappear very, very fast - regardless of the sticker price. When Aude'ze announced the price of the LCD-3, I thought 'Wow - how many people will buy that so soon after the last rev of the LCD-2 ?'. Some Head-Fiers have incredibly deep pockets. 

Jan 7, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #927 of 2,799

Quote:
LCD 3 sales because the LCD 2 was already godly to some , lcd3 sold because of  " whats better than LCD2 ?"

not in this case , if this goes beyond 800 mark - WONT -SELL-MUCH. period.

Didn't stop people from buying the HM-801, did it?
wink_face.gif

Jan 7, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #929 of 2,799

Quote:
Didn't stop people from buying the HM-801, did it?
wink_face.gif

Sure as hell stopped me!

I mean, I thought about it, but then I concluded it's just way overpriced, particularly with such appalling user-interface and overall aesthetics, plus the absurd expectation that customers should pay a further $200 for a 'Game' amp module, since the 801 is so poorly designed that it isn't configured as standard to properly drive CIEMs - yes, a portable DAP that fails to operate correctly with portable IEMs.

INSANE

Hollywood could make a film about it.

Seriously, though, iBasso will, I'm hopeful, have learned from the mistakes of the HM-801, but that learning should include learning from the mistakes of the 801's pricing, too. iBasso stand, potentially, to have a global audiophile success on their hands, but that won't happen to it's fullest potential extent if they are greedy.
The world is watching...

Jan 7, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #930 of 2,799
I really don't expect iBasso to be as pathetically greedy, I just hope the cost of the PARTS doesn't drive the price through the roof. I actually have some faith in iBasso,...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back