iBasso DX100 Reference DAP - ES9018 inside
Jan 3, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #811 of 2,799

The HD800 is not difficult to power, the T1 is a bit harder to drive.

I am speculating it will be perfectly fine, but not perfectly ideal, since most professional desktop amps seem to have a jack for lo and hi...

The Galaxy S is the one with the good sound quality, don't expect S II and S3 to be the same, they have changed to a Yamaha DAC that doesn't sounds as good as the Wolfson from what I have read.

Jan 3, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #812 of 2,799

on the contrary i thing the price will be low now , as they said they want it to sell numbers ( more than their balanced amps sold )  , thus they have to keep the price competitive.
i dont see it selling much  if the price is around 1000, same as Hm801 and others
but if the price is 400-600 , it Will seLL.

Quote:
I asked Ibasso if they thought about putting their balance design (aka BD2/PB2) in the DX100, this is their response:

"Hi, Thank you for your email.  We don't have the balanced DX100 plan at this moment. The sale of the PB2 and DB2 are bad. I dont think the balanced DX100 can sell well to cover the cost.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio"

Too bad for me as I like their balance sound a lot.  At the same time, at least I can see they are sensitive to price.  Or may be the price as it is is already too high? 
biggrin.gif
  But there is no question this is going to be a hot item for this year.  This is one of the high anticipated product in Asia now.

Jan 3, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #813 of 2,799

Quote:

The HD800 is not difficult to power, the T1 is a bit harder to drive.

I am speculating it will be perfectly fine, but not perfectly ideal, since most professional desktop amps seem to have a jack for lo and hi...

The Galaxy S is the one with the good sound quality, don't expect S II and S3 to be the same, they have changed to a Yamaha DAC that doesn't sounds as good as the Wolfson from what I have read.

Fair enough. But that's where I'd get the S3 just for phone use and then the DX100 for MP3 playback, provided it was powerful enough. The iPhone 4 + Continental/SR-71A (what I currently use) is big and heavy anyway, so I can't see the Galaxy S3 (will likely be very light like Samsung's other devices) and TX100 being much heavier or a bigger.

Jan 3, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #814 of 2,799
i hope the amp section is good for IEms so that i dont need specialized amps like slim or protector.

i dont want it to be used with my desktop headphones , its for portable use.

Jan 3, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #818 of 2,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by singh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

on the contrary i thing the price will be low now , as they said they want it to sell numbers ( more than their balanced amps sold )  , thus they have to keep the price competitive.
i dont see it selling much  if the price is around 1000, same as Hm801 and others
but if the price is 400-600 , it Will seLL.

I agree, $700 or higher is an exclusive clientele, stuff like Hifiman HM-801 and Colorfly C4... it's only 0.001%.

You can't sell anything to normal people like CNET or overclock or magazine commercials etc. if it's above $500, imagine someone reading a very nice magazine commercial in a plane about a $799 DAP they would just laugh, turn the page, and go back to their $2 earbuds, even if Roger Federer was promoting it...

Jan 3, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #821 of 2,799

Well I think it would be cool if iBasso made a TV commercial with any top athlete or something lol... I don't get it why don't any Chinese audio companies advertise?

Maybe something like this is fine just put the DX100 at the end of the commercial exploding.

VERY
REAL
POwer
iBASSO

Jan 3, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #822 of 2,799
@kiteki, when the $%^$! do you SLEEP ?? Unless you are flying between the hemispheres, and across date lines, I'm beginning to think that you dont sleep at all ....
eek.gif

(you will notice that I rarely post after 5pm AEST - that's quitting time here at work
very_evil_smiley.gif
)

Jan 3, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #824 of 2,799

Quote:
@kiteki, when the $%^$! do you SLEEP ?? Unless you are flying between the hemispheres, and across date lines, I'm beginning to think that you dont sleep at all ....
eek.gif

(you will notice that I rarely post after 5pm AEST - that's quitting time here at work
very_evil_smiley.gif
)

she's a BOT, you know..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back