iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jul 6, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #11,776 of 13,503
Yes. There is a small hiss introduced. But the sound coming from the combo is worth it. :L3000:

U are the second person today that has told me the sound coming off the mk3b is worth it albeit the hissing problem.it must sound quite amazing.:) I'm really on the fence now about getting the mk3b to set up balanced with my w4r and ASG2.sigh.decisions decisions..

Jul 6, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #11,778 of 13,503
Quote:
U are the second person today that has told me the sound coming off the mk3b is worth it albeit the hissing problem.it must sound quite amazing.
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm really on the fence now about getting the mk3b to set up balanced with my w4r and ASG2.sigh.decisions decisions..

haha... really.
o2smile.gif

Have tried and compared the MK3B and the Intruder.
The MK3B just gives me that HiFi sound in a portable effect and quite literally blows me away every time i turn it on. The control, the authority and power in every note. The MK3B just elevates everything that my DX100 delivers and then some.
And it's only Single-ended that i'm using. If one day i decide to go balanced, am sure the MK3B will continue to surprise me.

The Intruder is really a great amp. While it didn't bring that HiFi sound like MK3B, the smoothness it brings to the mids is haunting.
There is an understated power in the sonic that is coming out of the amp which i can't really describe. And the bass it carries is really satisfying.

Both are like twins with different traits. MK3B, the flashy and flamboyant sibling, while the Intruder is like the silent, yet intelligent one.

Jul 6, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #11,780 of 13,503
Guys,just a few questions with regards to use of dx100. How to do a play of all the songs in the storage?it seems it can only play a certain playlist?

And also anyone experienced a left right channel imbalance?if I gentally insert the jacket into the 3.5mm socket it will sound normal but when I apply some force to further push into the socket the sound will suddenly be more loud and forward but also give some left right channel imbalance.

Jul 6, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #11,781 of 13,503
Guys,just a few questions with regards to use of dx100. How to do a play of all the songs in the storage?it seems it can only play a certain playlist?

Never wanted to play all the tracks with my broad taste in genres, but you can just choose Songs as the source and all the music files are listed in some sort of order which I've not bothered to fathom.

And also anyone experienced a left right channel imbalance?if I gentally insert the jacket into the 3.5mm socket it will sound normal but when I apply some force to further push into the socket the sound will suddenly be more loud and forward but also give some left right channel imbalance.

Not had this either. Are you using a plug with a mic section (iPhone compatible for example) or a standard stereo plug? I have one earphone with an extra segment that will only play in the device they came with (Walkman Z with noise cancelling).

If it plays with normal insertion then why are you exerting additional force? Just curious.

Jul 6, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #11,782 of 13,503
i am using heir 5.0. ive got Lshaped jacket andi realize when i rotate the jacket sometimes the sound became a single channel and things and it seems like a loose joint so i push the jacket further with force and therefore spotted this.

Jul 7, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #11,783 of 13,503
Have you tried other headphones to rule out the phone jack? And suggest you try using a 1/4 inch jack to see if the problem is the same when you do the same thing to that. One way or other you should then identify the source.

Jul 7, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #11,784 of 13,503
Quote:
Have you tried other headphones to rule out the phone jack? And suggest you try using a 1/4 inch jack to see if the problem is the same when you do the same thing to that. One way or other you should then identify the source.

yea, just tried some other earphone and the problem is still there when i rotate the jacket of earphone, the sound will disappear sometimes. Haven't tried 6.3mm yet, but i guess i will go back to store for a replacement if i could.

Jul 7, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #11,787 of 13,503
Could be due to frequent plugging and unplugging of the 1/4 jack?
From experience, this normally is a sign of the jack inner contacts being worn out or the cable has a weak or loose connection.

Jul 7, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #11,788 of 13,503
where did u get it from? maybe we get it from the same batch!

No superjohny, I don't have any problems with mine. FWIW, I leave a 1/4 inch adapter plugged into my DX so I'm only plugging my phones into that to avoid wearing out the socket. A tip I picked up earlier in this thread.

I did get mine locally, from Addicted to Audio. The guys have been very helpful with other purchases and was confident of local support. Not that I've needed it.

Jul 7, 2013 at 3:52 AM Post #11,789 of 13,503
Quote:
No superjohny, I don't have any problems with mine. FWIW, I leave a 1/4 inch adapter plugged into my DX so I'm only plugging my phones into that to avoid wearing out the socket. A tip I picked up earlier in this thread.

I did get mine locally, from Addicted to Audio. The guys have been very helpful with other purchases and was confident of local support. Not that I've needed it.

yea, i just got it from them as well. I went to store yesterday for the purchase. Really nice ppl there!

Jul 7, 2013 at 7:03 AM Post #11,790 of 13,503
Last time we got an update from iBasso about the API being released IIRC was when I emailed them a long email stating the communities interest in better firmware. I listed the amount of members on here who would be willing to contribute financially if it meant a better firmware was released in the long term. The result was some new information and figgie got a free DX100.

iBasso is a small company. If everyone who posts questions about when the API is being released, etc, would instead send them an email I'm sure the sudden increase of emails about the subject would bring it to the forefront of their attention, hopefully bring about some positive change in the right direction.

Whilst 1.4.2 is better than the previous firmwares (in terms of responsiveness and bugs) it's still unacceptably slow, susceptible to freezing if you don't wait 10+ minutes for it to load and buggy. We still deserve a better firmware so again, everyone email iBasso (doesn't have to be long but it helps if it is) about it and maybe they'll hurry up and release a decent firmware and additional information about the API situation.

The email is: service@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back