iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jul 1, 2013 at 7:22 AM Post #11,746 of 13,503
I havent asked about any developers other than the poweramp. I will leave a message of your concerns to NO2 representitive, and get in touch with you as soon as I get the response from him. Thanks.

Jul 1, 2013 at 7:25 AM Post #11,747 of 13,503
Sorry to change the topic but...
I'm having trouble playing music via bluetooth through any suitable speakers. My DX shows that it is paired and connected to the speakers (Belkin BT receiver , and a Moshi Bassbox), but no sound happens when the music is playing. Has anyone else had this problem, and does anyone have a solution?

Cheers.

Jul 1, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #11,748 of 13,503
Quote:
Sorry to change the topic but...
I'm having trouble playing music via bluetooth through any suitable speakers. My DX shows that it is paired and connected to the speakers (Belkin BT receiver , and a Moshi Bassbox), but no sound happens when the music is playing. Has anyone else had this problem, and does anyone have a solution?

Cheers.

Just in case anyone else was wondering-

I tried bluetooth streaming with another player app and it works. I don't know why, but the stock player doesn't seem to play via bluetooth. Therefore I wasn't able to hear if hi-def files sounded better.

Jul 1, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #11,749 of 13,503
Quote:
Just in case anyone else was wondering-

I tried bluetooth streaming with another player app and it works. I don't know why, but the stock player doesn't seem to play via bluetooth. Therefore I wasn't able to hear if hi-def files sounded better.

I just found out that the Deadbeef player for Android plays up to 24 bit 192 khz over bluetooth. I know music is compressed over bt but I was interested to see if there was any improvement in sq. It does certainly sound fab in any case.  

Jul 1, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #11,750 of 13,503
PS- I tried to use Honey Player , which supports Airplay to Airport Extreme . I believe Airplay enables uncompressed wireless music playback, but I haven't been able to get the player to recognize the router yet. I will post an update if I do manage this.

Jul 1, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #11,752 of 13,503
Quote:
As I talked with NO.2 representitive in ibasso a month ago, I was noticed that ibasso failed to cooperate with poweramp since they never came to a compromise about the finance for the cooperation. I think, therefore, we should forget about the poweramp.

I don't get it, what finance? I paid for the regular poweramp and would pay more for the special dx100 version. I don't understand who wants to charge who. Man I'm feeling really angry and sad right now

Jul 1, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #11,753 of 13,503
I have the same sentiment. Maybe they think there's only small market for a dx100 version that could give them profit against the development costs.. I just hope other developers would present themselves.

if iBasso could make it open source, maybe they could earn more profit than initial cost? - more dx100 sales due to better software (android advantage IMO).

Jul 2, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #11,754 of 13,503
Quote:
I see a lot if people getting external amps to use with dx100. Why is this? What does the dx100s own amp lack?

I use an external amp because the DX100 is SOOOO good, it drove me to getting increasingly better cans.  Eventually, you end up with a set a cans that are so good/transparent that they demand a better amp section.  Also, some of the high end cans are high impedance (I guess this applies to many cans, not just higher end ones).  Higher impedance requires more power to drive really well.  It's not that the DX100 won't handle high impedance cans, it will, just with some cans it sounds better amped.

As an aside, I'm currently using Heir 5.0s with my DX100.  To me, they sound better driven directly from the DX100 than through my RSA RS-71A.  They're the first set of cans I've ever used that sound noticeably better straight from the DX100 than amped (odd).  My hat's off to Heir for an AMAZING set of cans.  I have not listed my 4.Ai cans for sale yet (just being lazy), but if anyone here is interested in them, I'm open to reasonable offers.  They've had about 200 hours of use.  I'm a junkie.  I didn't buy the 5.0 cans because I didn't like the 4.Ais.  I just had to try the new ones (and they came out very soon after I bought my 4.Ais.  Head-Fi, I hate you. :) 

Anyway, back to topic.  I often use my DX100 at home with Beyer T1 cans.  IMHO, the T1s NEED an amp with the DX100.  It's not a volume issue.  They just sound thin compared with putting my  SR71A in line.  BTW, I'm also considering selling my SR71A if anyone is interested in making an offer.  Again, not because I don't like it...I LOVE it (I've loved every RSA amp I've had - again, IMHO, they can do no wrong).  I've had a half a dozen RSA amps over the years.  I'm just looking for something that includes a built in DAC.  I'm traveling a lot again for work.  When I travel, I'm always tethered to my laptop, so I'm thinking about just bringing a DAC and cans and listening via my PC (it doesn't take 10 minutes to index my music :).

Jul 2, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #11,756 of 13,503
Quote:
I've "noticed" this a couple of times and was sure it was my imagination...but it really seems like the DX100 sounds better (more dynamic) with a full charge vs. a partial charge.  Go ahead and tell me I'm nuts, it won't hurt my feelings....

I imagine it would and should. Remember as the battery goes down, so does the power and voltage swing. You should also notice a difference with it plugged in and charged fully and running it at a half a charge or lower. That is true of any amp I know of that runs off of a battery. 

Jul 2, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #11,757 of 13,503
Quote:
I imagine it would and should. Remember as the battery goes down, so does the power and voltage swing. You should also notice a difference with it plugged in and charged fully and running it at a half a charge or lower. That is true of any amp I know of that runs off of a battery. 

I've noticed this in the past more on the extremes.  It seems with the DX100, once it gets below 70% I'm (thinking) I hear a drop-off of sound quality.  It doesn't take me long to get down to 70%, definitely less than two hours.

Jul 4, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #11,758 of 13,503
Sorry about I made you confused. I mean the company of poweramp did not satisfy with the price offered by ibasso for the development of a special version poweramp for DX100. It does not have to do with how much you, as an individual, pay for poweramp. I guess for the copyright(or something else) ibasso needs to pay poweramp a lot before the birth of a new version poweramp. NO.2 representative told me that they did not have any plan to develop a new version player for DX100 unless they meet a new investor.

Jul 4, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #11,760 of 13,503
According to what No2 representative told me, it seems ibasso could not offer more money to poweramp, I guess.

There are other developers that is eager to make a dx100 version of their player e.g. Neutron ( Dmitry) and Gonemad (Kyle)

Dmitry was very eager however it did not push through since iBasso always promised to release the API but never did. His eagerness just died out. :frowning2: hopefully we can reignite to release the full potential of the DX100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back