iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
May 29, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #11,686 of 13,503
Hi, I'm having trouble using the formatting tool v1.4.  I'm connecting the DX100 via USB, then holding the volume+ button while pressing the reset button with a paperclip for a few seconds.  The DX100 boots up and then asks whether to turn USB storage on.  I wait a while and nothing happens.  Then opened the tool and the box is magenta/pink, not green.  I tried again and again.  I also tried just turning on USB storage and the DX100 is recognised by the PC for storage, then go into formatting tool, still magenta/pink.

Any help appreciated!  Also, is there an English version of the tool?  Mine is in Chinese.

May 30, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #11,687 of 13,503
I am using some new Whiplash TWAG 3 OM on my ESW10 JPN, with the DX100, the sound is glorious. The 10's come with oxygen free copper but the TWAG 3 is a step up, wow, so open and free sounding. Great rewiring job done. They even used the original rubber strain relief of the stock cables. 

Jun 1, 2013 at 4:07 AM Post #11,688 of 13,503
Hi, I'm having trouble using the formatting tool v1.4.  I'm connecting the DX100 via USB, then holding the volume+ button while pressing the reset button with a paperclip for a few seconds.  The DX100 boots up and then asks whether to turn USB storage on.  I wait a while and nothing happens.  Then opened the tool and the box is magenta/pink, not green.  I tried again and again.  I also tried just turning on USB storage and the DX100 is recognised by the PC for storage, then go into formatting tool, still magenta/pink.

Any help appreciated!  Also, is there an English version of the tool?  Mine is in Chinese.

Search this thread for the detailed instructions for use. There you will find all you need including how to change the tool's language to English.

Here it is....

http://www.head-fi.org/t/592076/ibasso-dx100-24-bit-for-bit-pg-1-reviews-impressions-downloads-video-new-firmware-1-4-2/10575#post_9149997

Jun 2, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #11,689 of 13,503
I have done the following:
-turned DX100 off
-connected DX100 to PC with microUSB
-hold volume+ while pressing reset >2 secs
-doesn't seem to search for driver (Win7)
-no unknown devices in device manager
-open formatting tool v1.4
-change to English
-there is a magenta/pink colour in the number "1" box and "8-5" below that box
-should be green
-loaded firmware image
-attempted upgrade: get error

Any ideas? How about reinstalling driver using the one in the formatting tool? But there are multiple dx100 entries in device manager...

Jun 2, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #11,690 of 13,503
Quote:
I have done the following:
-turned DX100 off
-connected DX100 to PC with microUSB
-hold volume+ while pressing reset >2 secs
-doesn't seem to search for driver (Win7)
-no unknown devices in device manager
-open formatting tool v1.4
-change to English
-there is a magenta/pink colour in the number "1" box and "8-5" below that box
-should be green
-loaded firmware image
-attempted upgrade: get error

Any ideas? How about reinstalling driver using the one in the formatting tool? But there are multiple dx100 entries in device manager...

Have you emailed iBasso?

Jun 4, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #11,692 of 13,503
Now I am using the TWag v3 OM on my JH13 Pro IEM's and what a step up. Balanced out of the Intruder from the DX sounds like heaven. I was pretty happy with them before but I feel even more connected to the event with this combination. This is the most I have heard in change from a cable. Very balanced and pure sounding. 

Jun 5, 2013 at 4:53 AM Post #11,693 of 13,503
I have been truly enjoying my DX100/F111 kit but inevitably have come down with a case of upgraditis.  It seems there's two routes I can take, the source and the downstream which I've posted on the F111 Impressions etc. thread. I listen primarily to classical music and value the clarity, coherence, and accuracy of the DX100/F111. 

What I'm looking for is more of the same. It would be nice to have a bit more bass extension (e.g. the bass drum in the Rite of Spring) and more clarity in complex orchestral passages and overall.

The kit that has caught my eye (ear?) is the Portaphile 627x.  From what I've read some speak highly of the DX100/627 combo. However it's expensive so I'm reluctant to lay out the money without some assurence that the improvement is significant enough to justify the price.

Any thoughts or comments are much appreciated.

Cheers,

O.

Jun 5, 2013 at 5:32 AM Post #11,694 of 13,503
I have been truly enjoying my DX100/F111 kit but inevitably have come down with a case of upgraditis.  It seems there's two routes I can take, the source and the downstream which I've posted on the F111 Impressions etc. thread. I listen primarily to classical music and value the clarity, coherence, and accuracy of the DX100/F111. 

What I'm looking for is more of the same. It would be nice to have a bit more bass extension (e.g. the bass drum in the Rite of Spring) and more clarity in complex orchestral passages and overall.

The kit that has caught my eye (ear?) is the Portaphile 627x.  From what I've read some speak highly of the DX100/627 combo. However it's expensive so I'm reluctant to lay out the money without some assurence that the improvement is significant enough to justify the price.

Any thoughts or comments are much appreciated.

Cheers,

O.

I am really enjoying dx100/rsa intruder, balanced out. Clarity, sounstage and bass control increased.

Jun 5, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #11,695 of 13,503
Quote:
Now I am using the TWag v3 OM on my JH13 Pro IEM's and what a step up. Balanced out of the Intruder from the DX sounds like heaven. I was pretty happy with them before but I feel even more connected to the event with this combination. This is the most I have heard in change from a cable. Very balanced and pure sounding. 

Were you using the stock JH13 cable before?  When I changed mine to a silver dragon iem, it was also the biggest (positive) change I've ever seen in a cable. 

Another reason I love the DX100...you can experiment with all of these system changes and know you're not source limited...

Jun 5, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #11,696 of 13,503
Quote:
Were you using the stock JH13 cable before?  When I changed mine to a silver dragon iem, it was also the biggest (positive) change I've ever seen in a cable. 

Another reason I love the DX100...you can experiment with all of these system changes and know you're not source limited...

Stock to TWag v1 to v2 and now TWag v3 OM. The TWag v3 OM is the best. Such pure sound and somehow it seems to add to the black background or doesn't add to the sound. 

Jun 6, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #11,697 of 13,503
Quote:
I am really enjoying dx100/rsa intruder, balanced out. Clarity, sounstage and bass control increased.

Thanks very much for your reply black.  I've been reading and added the RSA XP-7,  it would be great if it had benefits similar to what you've described.

Anyone who has listened to the DX100 with the XP-7 I would appreciate hearing your opinion. I'll be using it with the FitEar F111.

Thanks again,

O.

Jun 8, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #11,699 of 13,503
Is there something i can do to assure that notifications work for me . i have that option checked , but 3+ months can go by
and if im busy otherwise with life ,i have to login in when i remember to and find my self that many replies behind . this has been
an issue since day one for me .

Other than this , its awesome on here . My credit card/debtors love you , but my empty wallet curses you all LOL

Cheers

Jun 10, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #11,700 of 13,503
Quote:
Is there something i can do to assure that notifications work for me . i have that option checked , but 3+ months can go by
and if im busy otherwise with life ,i have to login in when i remember to and find my self that many replies behind . this has been
an issue since day one for me .

Other than this , its awesome on here . My credit card/debtors love you , but my empty wallet curses you all LOL

Cheers

Report it to a mod, I had the same issue for 6+ months...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back