iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
May 17, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #11,641 of 13,503
Quote:
Yes, what is up with the playlists ?! I mailed them like 5 times explaining the problem and they never understand ! Once they changed it in the widget and not in the player. How hard can it be.

it is not hard.

I usually prefer to send the images of the issue and what it should look like (Thank you photoshop or reverse engineering!).

May 17, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #11,642 of 13,503
Quote:
From a technical perspective, that should not be hard.

They just change the base "EQ" settings on each firmware (I know they did that back in the 1.2.x F/W changes, have not gone into the 1.4.X F/W). I mention EQ loosely though, they actually tweak the audio curve directly in the firmware. very minor adjustments but sometimes they don't change anything (Literally, bit for bit identical) but yet people say they "HEAR" a difference which I don't get.

They should be able to make EQ curves for the real changes... add them as menu options. etc

You must be new here. People on Head-Fi can hear when a cable has been frozen and if it was made using silver solder or tin.

May 17, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #11,644 of 13,503
Quote:
You must be new here. People on Head-Fi can hear when a cable has been frozen and if it was made using silver solder or tin.

Sometimes I wonder........ if I am deaf  
size]

May 17, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #11,646 of 13,503
They should be able to make EQ curves for the real changes... add them as menu options. etc

+1

would you happen to know if the base EQ curves adjustable with the API? 

On another note, with the recent developments with the DX50, I hope iBasso would also look into the possibility of getting a better battery for the DX100 - higher capacity but same size 
rolleyes.gif

May 18, 2013 at 3:05 AM Post #11,647 of 13,503
Quote:

+1

would you happen to know if the base EQ curves adjustable with the API? 

On another note, with the recent developments with the DX50, I hope iBasso would also look into the possibility of getting a better battery for the DX100 - higher capacity but same size 
rolleyes.gif

Maybe iBasso is saving the higher capacity battery for DX200? Maybe even removable like the DX50.
biggrin.gif

Given the news on DX50, we can see even better things coming for the DX100 sucessor.

May 18, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #11,648 of 13,503
Quote:

Maybe iBasso is saving the higher capacity battery for DX200? Maybe even removable like the DX50.
biggrin.gif

Given the news on DX50, we can see even better things coming for the DX100 sucessor.

If ibasso came out with a dx200 that is basically a better overall dx100 and its priced in around the 800-900 dollar mark,  count me in for the purchase,  i want quite alot of things on it though
Either give me a good ui or give me android so i can install something like poweramp,  benchmark of a good ui is the ak100
Give me usb charging i have a 20k mah powerbank that will jump up any music player playing time by a huge margin
And of course better sound

May 18, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #11,649 of 13,503
Quote:
If ibasso came out with a dx200 that is basically a better overall dx100 and its priced in around the 800-900 dollar mark,  count me in for the purchase,  i want quite alot of things on it though
Either give me a good ui or give me android so i can install something like poweramp,  benchmark of a good ui is the ak100
Give me usb charging i have a 20k mah powerbank that will jump up any music player playing time by a huge margin

USB charging will likely be a non-starter.  You may have a rig that will provide enough juice, but the vast majority of potential customers don't.  So iBasso would be foolish to do that.

May 18, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #11,651 of 13,503
Quote:
Is there any reason why  it cant have a usb charging?  Is it because of the current requirement? 

The current will likely be too low on the USB buss, plus USB voltage is limited to 5 VDC.  Through circuit design one could manage to get 10 VDC, but even that would be too low to charge the DX100's batteries, and the current would make charging very slow.

iBasso would probably not choose a lower voltage battery for the successor to the DX100, since that would really have an impact on the amplifier section's performance.

May 18, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #11,652 of 13,503
I

I still prefer them improving the dx100 than spending R&D on another device :) 800usd is not easy upgrade at least for me :wink:

in terms of UI, 1.4.2 is already snappy, but I'm anticipating for the release of the API even only to a few developer eg. poweramp, gonemad. I installed gonemad and its gui is very good. iBasso should also share the EQ curves to the developer to bring sound signature presets like figgie stated earlier

I really like for ibasso to have a good battery upgrade for the dx100 eg samsung

as for the battery pack, there are some model that support the dx100 plus the standard 5v. Anker i think

May 18, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #11,653 of 13,503
Quote:
I

I still prefer them improving the dx100 than spending R&D on another device
smily_headphones1.gif
800usd is not easy upgrade at least for me
wink.gif

in terms of UI, 1.4.2 is already snappy, but I'm anticipating for the release of the API even only to a few developer eg. poweramp, gonemad. I installed gonemad and its gui is very good. iBasso should also share the EQ curves to the developer to bring sound signature presets like figgie stated earlier

I really like for ibasso to have a good battery upgrade for the dx100 eg samsung

as for the battery pack, there are some model that support the dx100 plus the standard 5v. Anker i think

Yeah, I have an Energizer battery pack that will charge the DX100.

May 19, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #11,654 of 13,503
Quote:
The current will likely be too low on the USB buss, plus USB voltage is limited to 5 VDC.  Through circuit design one could manage to get 10 VDC, but even that would be too low to charge the DX100's batteries, and the current would make charging very slow.

iBasso would probably not choose a lower voltage battery for the successor to the DX100, since that would really have an impact on the amplifier section's performance.

Oh?  Thats informative,  thanks for the inf.  Well its fine i guess,  its not that neccessary for me,  i just want a good sound and a good ui (why is this so hard to find?) 

May 19, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #11,655 of 13,503
I haven't listened to the DX100 for about 2 weeks, just so I could get accustomed to some other daps. Coming back to it makes me realize how resolving and musical it is. Such nice transparency, imaging and air, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back